Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

4 days long weekend in my country, best timing ever, many thx for the tireless working

YES!!!! IT IS OUT!!

Than you so much for all your hard work EB TEAM! i have a hard enough time studying for new certificates after i get off work. Yet you guys have the dedication and power to do all the hard work in creating this content for all of us to enjoy for free and to not just enjoy but to learn history! Thank you so much once again for all your dedication. We the Fans can never thank you enough.

Garamantine Infantry needs their description fixed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171019172242_1.jpg  

Excellent job!

Thanks, EB team!

"This country is not mine, nor is it yours; but of the descendants of our descendants" Stefan cel Mare (Stefan the Great), moldavian voivod, his last words

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Glad to see Asterix and Obelix implemented
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Successful Install. No bugs or crashes yet. Starting a Romani campaign to try out the....4(!) new units found around the Italian peninsula! I keep noticing tiny little changes compared to 2.2b, and it's awesome!

Thanks to all the EB team for the new update! I feel like I'm going to have a lot of fun this weekend....
    The letter "D" on my keyboard sometimes fails to work. I usually notice it when it happens but some o slip through the net...

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    2.3 now has a complete set of "Captains" that are different from the Generals. However, they are disabled, because the file in question, the descr_character is an either/or choice. Either you have proper generals in Custom Battle, multiplayer and historical battles (and no distinction between Captains and Generals in the campaign), or you can get a distinction between Generals and Captains in campaign battles only (but in the other three you always see Captains).

If you want the latter, download this and put it in your mods\ebii\data\ folder: Attachment 348922

As always, back up your file so you can revert before you apply this. I have no idea if this is a savegame compatible change.
    Tested it, its savegame compatible.

To anyone else, when I click on the EB II shortcut launcher and launch the game, an empty folder named "saves" appears in my desktop. Never happened to me, am I the only one? It isn't a problem but just wanted to know... (note: I have a steam version)

Wasn't savegame compatible for me!

Raiuga's Avatar Civis

ohhh damn!

The gods must favor me

So the change-log mentions the addition of Fire Temples for eastern factions, namely Pontos, Pahlava, and Hayasdan. What with the lack of information given in the log, I decided to dig into the files to get a better idea of what that meant. Here's what I found:

- According to export_descr_buildings, Fire Temples are also available to Saka Rauka, yet this isn't noted in the change-log. Is this intentional?

- Having Eastern Imperial (rel_c in the files) as the faction's main culture/religion seems to be a requirement as well (which sounds pretty sensible to me), yet Pahlava/Saka Rauka have it in their build menus (for cities) when their main culture is still Steppe Nomadism. Is this simply a quirk of the nomadic building list, or am I misunderstanding the requirements?

- The larger fire temple has a cost of 100 mnai, a build time of 1 turn, and sports the same name (I was expecting a name progression a la the regular temples); additionally, the bonuses and requirements are identical to its predecessor. I'm guessing this is a placeholder.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Asdf View Post
    So the change-log mentions the addition of Fire Temples for eastern factions, namely Pontos, Pahlava, and Hayasdan. What with the lack of information given in the log, I decided to dig into the files to get a better idea of what that meant. Here's what I found:

- According to export_descr_buildings, Fire Temples are also available to Saka Rauka, yet this isn't noted in the change-log. Is this intentional?

- Having Eastern Imperial (rel_c in the files) as the faction's main culture/religion seems to be a requirement as well (which sounds pretty sensible to me), yet Pahlava/Saka Rauka have it in their build menus (for cities) when their main culture is still Steppe Nomadism. Is this simply a quirk of the nomadic building list, or am I misunderstanding the requirements?

- The larger fire temple has a cost of 100 mnai, a build time of 1 turn, and sports the same name (I was expecting a name progression a la the regular temples); additionally, the bonuses and requirements are identical to its predecessor. I'm guessing this is a placeholder.
    The change-log is concise by design, so I'll give some further information on what the Ataroshan is supposed to do.

At the start of the game, there are three of such buildings (fire_two), placed in Persis, Parthyiaia and Adurbadegan. Their role is to provide a constant presence of eastern imperial culture there, regardless of whomever holds the province, as well as to make life easier or more difficult for some factions respectively. Essentially, they serve to maintain Iranian (in later times, perhaps they could also be called Zoroastrian) traditions versus the newer Hellenistic influences. This level of building cannot be constructed anywhere by any faction.

Then there's a level before there. The effects and name are the same, because for all intents and purposes, it's the same building. The only reason why this is a separate level is so the Saka can build another such building within Zarangai, should they meet the required conditions. These three (and later four) places represent the centres of later Zoroastrian worship, as they were also present in Sassanid times, but the one in Zarangai wasn't actually much of a thing until after the migrating Saka had settled in the region. In-game, they also help provide some easier holdings for the factions that convert to Eastern Imperial.

I hope that clears things up.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

There were a lot of changes, so likely forgetting to mention them was an oversight, unless complex conditions make it impossible for them to build it.

You are, yes. At the top, the "religion rel_c" line simply indicates what religion it converts to. This line makes it offer conversion up to 30% Eastern Imperial.

Code:
    religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { all, } and not region_religion rel_c 30 and event_counter ecReligionUpdate 1
    Here is an example of an actual religion (aka culture) restriction on construction, the Hellenic Minor Polis that requires 29% Hellenic:

Code:
    polis_one requires factions { cul_1, cul_3, } and building_present_min_level market market_one and not building_present_min_level colony_eastern eastcol_two and region_religion rel_h 29...etc
    It is a placeholder and it's not buildable:

Code:
    fire_two city requires factions { all, } and building_present core_castle_building and event_counter does_not_exist 1
    Because does_not_exist will never be set to 1.

EDIT: Cohor's post wasn't up when I was writing mine. Thanks for the additional info about the nature of this building and the pre-made ones sprinkled around.
    Last edited by myarta; October 19, 2017 at 06:40 PM.

Oh my god, I love the EB team so much. I bought sherry and cider just to celebrate the release. Everything loads much quicker (my files are on an SSD, but I do notice a significant improvement compared to 2.2r) and the season and dates in the campaign UI are fixed! I'm going to be heavily testing this for the next few weeks. Thank you for killing my social life <3

THIS IS SO GREAT

after I'm done with a week of depositions from hell...

IT'S CAMEL TIME

EDIT: OMG SURPRISE GALATIANS COLONISTS AND RETAINERS!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY THANK YOU SO MUCH
    Last edited by Krampus; October 19, 2017 at 07:15 PM.

I do actually play from time to time, I've started a long-deferred Bosporan game, with Maiotians and some of the other new steppe units enhancing the experience nicely. What's really struck me, though are the new camp settlements on the battlemap. xHolyCrusader and Rafkos have worked wonders, I actually enjoyed taking Paniardis - and I hate siege battles. There were even a few cavalry charges inside the settlement.

Not a placeholder, but an alternative "unique" - it's for the three that are already placed and is a way to keep it linked to the constructible one, rather than use up a genuine uniques slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
    IT'S CAMEL TIME
    Northern or Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Northern or Southern?
    Are we talking north Arabian, or like north north?

I'm still holding out hope for Parthian Noble Camelphracts...

Great work! I just wanted to report that it seems to run fine using the macOS-Feral/Steam version. I got through 10 or so turns including saving and reopening files. No issues.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
    Are we talking north Arabian, or like north north?

I'm still holding out hope for Parthian Noble Camelphracts...
    I meant northern or southern Arabia - ie Nabatu or Sab'yn. The latter are no longer the "sit around ignoring everyone else, and watch what happens to the rest of the map" faction. They have scripted events and all the stuff you'd expect, as well as the meat of their roster finally being filled. Plus camels in Najran, so you have something like cavalry early on.

So far, the most stable economies in the game (if your limits are 0% population growth and 75% happiness, from turn 0) are as follows: Safot Softim biQarthadasht (4849 mnai/turn), Senatvs Popvlvsqve Romanvs (2213 mnai/turn), Hayastan (1605 mnai/turn), and Arche Seleukeia (316 mnai/turn, tenuous at best, considering Antiocheia-Margianes will rebel if you're not careful). Every other faction is in the red, requiring the player to expand quickly and secure more land in order to survive.

Or disband some units and build up your infrastructure.