Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.3 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    Those invasions sound fantastic - one of the reasons I could never get into a Saka campaign was that after a certain point there is never any possible threat to your homeland and you just keep pushing inexorably west. Playing as Parthia, Baktria, or the Seleukids I would always leave the Saka and Taksashila alive to force me to garrison that eastern border. These invasions sound great, now I won't have to artificially keep factions alive just to keep the world feeling "real"
    As any of those factions holding central Asia, you'll also get offers of mercenary service from the Saka, from time to time. Accept and you get a couple of units of riders, refuse and you get raided.

hi am playing as armenia and am getting a random crash every 5 or 6 turns
    i downloaded the mod using the torrent link
    any ideas how to fix this

I would like to report and if any kind soul can answer me. A strange bug/glitchwhich concerns the Toxotai (hellenistic archer) and that is: the arrow visible near the right arm, moved from the body and not into the quiver. I think it's a bad animation ?!Thanks to the all team for this wonderful mod.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.playa View Post
    hi am playing as armenia and am getting a random crash every 5 or 6 turns
    i downloaded the mod using the torrent link
    any ideas how to fix this
    As you describe your trouble... no idea. WeŽd need more info.....

What are you doing those turns? is it in IA turn or in yours? in battle? after battle, when getting results? in the build buildings screen? in campaign map?.....

Which factions are changing the least between 2.3 and 2.3.5?

Been playing as Numidia (Turn 80 so far) and noticed a few things:

1) Numidian skirmishers are useless in melee, but the Maures and Lybian equivalents are Rather Good - these bois have made up a large chunk of my foot supported by whatever spearmen I can scrounge up.
    2) Turns out that I can recruit from Carthaginian Settler Colonies in certain places. E.G. the colony in Nurri gave me nothing, but the Large one in Carthage itself gives something like 10 units every 30 turns.
    3) I know those North African rebel stacks spawn for Carthage if I'm dead, but should they be spawning for me as well? Even if I'm no longer getting tribute from Carthage to deal with them?
    4) I have Lybian Enclaves listed on my Building Browser, but I can't build them at all, not even in Tuat or Garama. Should I be able to build them?
    5) Am I right in thinking that the Numidian Swordsmen (or whatever they're called) are activated by the Thureos reform?
    6) How am I meant to convert Capsa and Sigan into cities? I can't even build the second level of farms (the 4-turn for 1600 mnai ones) and that's with Steppe Nomadism only being at around 60% (and climbing - how am I meant to stop that?)

Saying that, it's going quite well and I'm having fun. Just can't quite work out how to reform.

EDIT: Addendum to 6) - it also turns out that I can't find any way to edit the save files because when opened in Notepadd++ it's entirely incomprehensible.
    Last edited by Ivir Baggins; July 29, 2018 at 06:39 AM.

5) Am I right in thinking that the Numidian Swordsmen (or whatever they're called) are activated by the Thureos reform?
    yep, since they use thureoi.

6) How am I meant to convert Capsa and Sigan into cities? I can't even build the second level of farms (the 4-turn for 1600 mnai ones) and that's with Steppe Nomadism only being at around 60% (and climbing - how am I meant to stop that?)
    We're aware of this one...Not sure if it's fixed in 2.35 because there hasn't been much testing gone into the Numidians.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    yep, since they use thureoi.
    Any other units that come later that I should be aware of?

We're aware of this one...Not sure if it's fixed in 2.35 because there hasn't been much testing gone into the Numidians.
    Anything I can do to resolve that?

Additionally, there currently appears to only be one surname for Numidians, that being "of Numidia". Are any more planned?
    Last edited by Ivir Baggins; July 29, 2018 at 10:03 AM.

Any other units that come later that I should be aware of?
    Yes, the sword unit gets a very good upgrade in the post-reform and post-thorikitai era. They become proper heavy infantry units, using linen armor and what not.

Yes, the sword unit gets a very good upgrade in the post-reform and post-thorikitai era. They become proper heavy infantry units, using linen armor and what not.
    Oh, and while I'm at it - how would I go about firing the reform event manually via console? I get the feeling that doing it the legitimate way isn't going to be possible (as Steppe Nomadism keeps climbing in the two provinces I need to settle).

EDIT: Yeah, with Steppe Nomadism having just hit 70% in Sigan there's no way I'm gonna be able to civilise properly. Guess that's another campaign I'll cut short.
    Last edited by Ivir Baggins; July 29, 2018 at 05:11 PM.

Huh. Just noticed that as Numidia I can obtain Elephants via a Closely Allied Oligarchy in most of Africa whereas I can't do that with factional governments without reforming. That's a bit silly.

Yes, in v2.35 there's a particular government type which will help with the Reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Huh. Just noticed that as Numidia I can obtain Elephants via a Closely Allied Oligarchy in most of Africa whereas I can't do that with factional governments without reforming. That's a bit silly.
    Elephant recruitment has been revised in v2.35, although the case you mention isn't really "silly". Elephants are expensive to maintain, and the pre-reform Numidians aren't economically and politically "ready" for elephants. Oligarchy on the other hand is a gov type in which a few of the rich are running things, and thus have both the money and the "prestige need" for a unit like elephants.
    EBII Council

This is a mind boggling achievement for modders all around.
    An amazing work done in this mod in all aspects of it's creation; i especially like the new sound of weapons clashing; yet i still have nostalgia for the old EB and would prefer playing it than this one. Very weird

Howdy folks I am loving everything I see here, I'm dying to plug in and play for hours with Hardcore History on in the background. I'm having trouble getting it to start though with an ISO install of M2TW Gold. Every expansion works, the vanilla campaign works. But when I run the kingdoms.exe it shows the normal Medieval 2 loading screen and then crashes with a blank error box. EB2 itself shows up in the launcher, the dialog box says everything is fine "Medieval 2 found, Kingdoms found, 5 mods found" and I have followed a bunch of guides and help threads trying to solve this issue but to no avail. Launching EB2 leads to a quick glimpse of the opening load screen before i get a message that either says "Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now close" or "Unspecified error. Please compress a log file and upload it to the bugs and technical help forum" or something similar.

Other problems i've found involve batch files. The unpacker tool lets me do the (y/n) popups but closes before I can even read the first commands. I can't manually run any of the .bat files either so I wonder if there's something I need to fix first.

More things: I can run the recruitment viewer and widescreen switcher. I've tweaked the config files of both med 2 and eb 2 based on things i've read that might help. In preparation for this awesome ass mod I also downloaded and played with the Reshade program a little bit, which entailed I head into AMD Catalyst (on a dell inspiron laptop circa 2015 btw idk) and create a profile for the Medieval 2.exe but that works pretty flawlessly but i've already taken it off and reinstalled med2 and eb2 a thousand times so i don't suspect it's done anything to hurt me here.

Please help me if anyone is capable. I've beat at it a few nights now and I guess since I've wasted this much time I'm willing to commit more. Tonight I suppose I'll figure out how to get those log files and I'll come back here if anyone needs them. Should I reinstall kingdoms? idek how i could, i only have the one disc install, a setup that runs through both m2 and kingdoms, and all the expansions work fine like i said. just not the kingdoms.exe itself.

Why is it that as Hayastan building the highest level of local colonies (i.e. NON-GREEK UNITES) requires me to have a Phil-Hellenic Satrapy (i.e. GREEK GOVERNMENT)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Why is it that as Hayastan building the highest level of local colonies (i.e. NON-GREEK UNITES) requires me to have a Phil-Hellenic Satrapy (i.e. GREEK GOVERNMENT)?

That is no longer true in v2.35 - that particular gov is a dead end (albeit with nice features)
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    That is no longer true in v2.35 - that particular gov is a dead end (albeit with nice features)
    SRY,but I want to ask how long will see 2.35?

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    SRY,but I want to ask how long will see 2.35?
    Still working on fixing some bugs, so it's hard to say.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Oh good. Locking the best buildings behind a building someone else had to build for you always felt a bit weird and backwards for the successors of Literally The Persian Empire.

Khsiragatai Zakhtae has the same problem for Sarmatia. The main workaround I've seen for it is lowering culture by first using an allied government. That, and intentionally not using a governor in that province.