Thread: Vampire Bloodlines Overhaul

Default Vampire Bloodlines Overhaul

Hello everyone,

first of all, sorry for my English, while reading this you may experience bad grammar and phrasing

INTRODUCTION

Since i bought Warhammer 1 i started to be fascinated by vampire's lore and history, that's why i started modding them and creating new units for them, while i have finalized my TWW1 mod experience by creating the Ordo Draconis - Templehof Expanded mod, together with Guvenoren. This mod was intended to provide a different gameplay for a vampire faction and was made with little ambition tbh, that's because its release was close with the release of TWW2 and i didn't have the time to do everything in a "loreful" way.

That's why i am planning (and start to work on) major overhauls for all the vampiric bloodlines in Warhammer 2. Since we have little knowledge of what will be the fate of the Nechrarchs and Strygos once Mortal Empire and Tomb Kings will be out, take this as a preliminary plan. Consider also that i've heard of the presence of Lahmia maybe, but i might be wrong, so i will not include it here for now.

The Idea Itself

The Overhaul will be divided in three major steps:
    1. Roster Expansion unique units for each bloodline, customization of generic heroes, unique heroes, unique lord(s) and unique technology/buildings (when possible) for each bloodline.
    2. Uploading of the roster expansions on the Steam Workshop and here to receive some feedback and see if the changes brought by the units alone will be enough or something more is needed.
    3. Startpos editing, Unique Legendary Lords (if not already done in step 1) and eventually other modifications after the first feedback.
    4. (Optional and interchangeable): Themed summoning, bored to be the same grave guard raised both in Bretonnia, Empire, and Southlands? i will try to improve that by making every raise dead unique to the region you are summoning them. I don't know if that is even possible but i may even actually do this first.
    5. All the above except the first step have been cancelled due to my little time available, unfortunately my work requires a lot more time than expected this year. I decided to deliver each mod as complete as possible, so to avoid endless patches. Moreover, any mod will require Crynsos Faction Unlocker.

For the moment i have begin working on the strigoi, so they will have more information and preview here.

"Detailed" Factions changes:

The Strigos: Thanks to Crynsos, the faction was re-added after the TK release, so the work here can go on. The mod will be released by the end of August.

• Strigoi- and Ghouls-based army, necromancy is of course present but will have some downfall since brute force is the main concern of the Strygos. Some necromantic power will be available through the Strigoi Lords and the Strygani Petru.
    • Planned variation in weapons and colours for strygos and ghouls (when possible). Also, lore-friendly summon spells for strigoi and revamped skill tree with loreful traits and skills. Summon spells will include "summon bats" and "summon vermin" from the WFRP 2nd edition books. Possible unique spell: Bat Form. Not possible for now
    • Humans "levies", the Strigany, that will provide them with expendable infantry and cavalry and some little firepower (not artillery, i don't want to make anything powder related apart from what can be found in the lore).
    • Concept and Mechanics: Expendable and numerous forces, with hosts of different sized and characterized strygos vampires as hight tier infantry and flying monsters (the strigheist). Magic still need to be looked at, but i don't want to mess with vanilla spells to avoid compatiblilty issues. They will play as a faction more concerned with quantity rather than quality. The player will be able to lead a human army of strygani or an undead army. Each one will receive bonus from the respective Lords (Strigoi for the Undead, Khazarkhan and Petru for the living, but see above for the Petru. Ushoran will be able to provide bonus for both.)
    • The player will have to choose the path of the Ghoul Kings OR that of the old Strygos. The faction will get unique units based on the choices. Until now this choices will be provided via technology, or everything else that can make the choice exclusive. Due to limited time the "choice" will be dependant on the Lord that will lead the army, specific and loreful bonus will be provided via unique technologies.
    • Lore-friendly name list to add some variation between the standard vampires and to avoid the spread of the von Carstein in the South.
    • Lore-friendly events and choices after conquering specific settlements.

Army Roster (definitive, i may have forgot some vanilla units)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Legendary Lord(s)
    Ushoran
    Vorag Bloodythoot

Unique Lords (to be added in the future):
    Urzen the Unrelenting
    Druthor
    Nanosh
    Disclaimer: up to now, only one unique lord can be given to each faction, so only one of these will be made, i am more incline towards Vorag, but i will hear other opinons too

Generic Lords
    Strigoi Ghoul King (vanilla+variation)
    Strygani Khazarkhan(Faction Unique, Melee Lord)
    Strygani Petru (Male Mage, faction unique, unique and thematic mounts)

Heroes

Strygani Mystic (female mage, faction unique, unique and thematic mounts)
    Banshee
    Wight King

Melee Infantry
    Mourkhain Guard(faction unique, acquirable after building the Mourkahin-related landmark in Galbaraz, as per TK Patch notes)
    Grave Guard Replaced by Foot Vojnuk + 1 variation added with spears.
    Strigoi Thralls (faction unique) WIP

Strygani Host (faction unique)

Strygani Domnu (faction unique)

Charnel Guard (Ghouls, faction unique ROR)

Sewer Ghouls (faction unique)
    Skeletons
    Zombies (?) NOT included, the zombies will only be summonable through the raise dead mechanic, they will be replaced in the regular recruiting pool by the thralls.
    Wights (faction unique)
    Spectres (faction unique)

Wailing Spectres (faction unique ROR)

Crypt Ghouls

Ranged Infantry
    Strygani Sharpshooters (faction unique)

Melee Cavalry
    Black Knights
    Black Knights (Lances)
    Replaced by the Vojnuk, both with lances and with swords, faction unique.
    Strygani Nomands (faction unique), pic not updated, they are now with swords.

Ranged Cavalry
    Strygani Nomads (Bows) Changed in (Blunderbuss) (faction unique)

Monsters
    Crypt Horrors
    Strigoi Warriors* (faction unique)

Strigoi Host (faction unique)

The Ajals (faction unique strigoi ROR)
    The Mourngul (faction unique)

Dire Wolves
    Bats
    Vargheist

Rare Monsters
    Terrorgheist
    Varghulf
    Strigheist (faction unique)

Vehicles
    All the corpse carts are still present and i won't remove them unless i can replace them with something else.
    NO acess to the mortis engine.

Possible Units and RoR
    The BloodBeasts
    Grolbech Green Man
    Graveclaws
    Glowing Ghouls

*= Not properly or strictly mentioned in any books, but made up on hints and written parts of lore books.
    **= Not sure if i will include them anyway for them being not possible to make or because not loreful enough.

The Brotherhood of Nechrachs:
    • Magic-centered faction, focused on skeletal, zombie and everything necromancy-related or monstrosities. Flying units like zombie dragon and abyssal terrors to support the units. Unique units will be the necromantic constructs.
    • Planned variations for the appearance of the Nechrarchs, with reference to both recent and older miniatures from army books and WFRP books.
    • Unique spells, traits and skills taken from the WFRP books (e.g. Summon Ancients)
    • Lore-friendly name list to add some variation between the standard vampires (in particular, Nehekharan names).
    • Living units: mutants and dregs.
    • No access to vampiress or vampire Lords, so no real melee Lord, apart maybe from some limited strygos used as experiment.
    • Probably many traits, skills and else will give bonus to winds of magic and magic cooldown for certain spell (i want to avoid spamming of course). Variation between summons and summon spells.

This is the faction about i'm more ignorant, i still need to study about them.

Army Roster (still WIP)

Legendary Lord(s)
    W'soran
    Zacharias the Everliving

Unique Lord(s)
    Zacharias the Everliving
    Melkior the Ancient

Generic Lords
    Necrarch Vampire (vanilla + variation)
    Warpspawn Necrarchs

Heroes
    Banshee
    Wight King
    Embalmer

Melee Infantry
    Patchwork Men
    Necrarch Acolytes/Thralls
    Skeletons
    Zombies
    Mutants/Dregs
    Spirit Host/Poltergheist
    Cairnwraiths
    Wraithwisps
    Unique Grave Guards (dependant on where you recruit them they will have the local look, eg. empire, sylvania, arabyian and TK desert and so on)
    Fenbeast(?)

Ranged Infantry
    None.

Cavalry
    Black Knights
    Hexwraiths

Monsters
    Abysssal Terror/Winged Nightmare
    Carrion + Carrion rides
    Dire Wolves
    Bats

Rare Unit and Vehicles
    Corpse Carts
    Black Coach
    Mortis Engine
    Zombie Dragon
    Banshees
    Plague Cart

Unique Mounts
    Winged Nightmare

Ordo Draconis: the mod is released, you can find it HERE

• Heavy cavalry and infantry-centered faction, expensive units with bonus to costs reduction given by agents, lords and heroes.
    • They will have to play aggressively, since they will field less, elite armies, rather than 4 doomstack of expendable units.
    • The units will rank up faster to avoid being steamrolled by the superior number of the enemies.
    • Malus to necromancy users and most of the spells-related things.
    • Mechanics: i would love to make them a horde faction to begin with. So they will be my first try at startpos editing (another solution is the unlocker provided by Crynsos, but i don't like the idea of asking others for a work that i should be doing). Of course most of the assets are already done because of my mod in TWW1, so there will probably be less work to do in that sense. As before, due to my little time available, I will follow what I did in TWW1 here, that said, Ordo Draconis will replace Templehof.

Every faction will receive technologies, buildings, faction traits and stuff according to their lore, to improve immersion and to differentiate from a common vampire experience (of course i don't want to make the factions forcedly different, i will not force anything that is not loreful or lore adjacent).
    These are the starting ideas, i understand they may seems lacking in information, but keep in mind that everything will be more clear (mostly for myself) once more DLCs will come out and after the release of Mortal Empires.
    Of course i would love to hear ideas and suggestions to better characterize those factions. This will be a long project given the amount of unit and other things that needs to be done and tested

Also, most of the inspiration was taken and will be taken from PaulH's amazing threads and in particular his Information Thread for Potential Vampire Counts Units

Default Re: Vampire Bloodlines Overhaul

Strygoi: Added pics of spectres and wailing spectres, also, lore spell like summon vermin and summon bats are coming (with respective summonable units), together with the armoured ghouls. Next step will be to finally complete the roster (only the characteristic wights are left, and the strygani need some rework) and proceed at the creation of the generic and unique heroes.

Interesting mod the Vampires should have more diversity and it is lore friendly also it would give a good challenge to the Tomb Kings and keep them in check, would be nasty for the Dwarves of Karak Zorn though but other then that I like this mod and will use it when it is released as long as it is Crysnos faction unlocker and Mixus LL compatable
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

Thanks for clearing that up glad to see it when it is done hopefully they will be able to contend with Tomb Kings
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius

Really cool idea, can't wait to test it
    My only concern is, are those new factions be confederatable(i know,i know, no such word)? I really hope so, cause I am a big vampire counts fan, so my dream is to unite all these bloodlines under one command

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlack View Post
    Really cool idea, can't wait to test it
    My only concern is, are those new factions be confederatable(i know,i know, no such word)? I really hope so, cause I am a big vampire counts fan, so my dream is to unite all these bloodlines under one command
    I will not touch diplomacy at all So, for example, if the Strygos can be confederated in vanilla, they will be also if you'll use my mod

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

He's released the mod on Steam today. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1360054229

Sorry to post this here but I am locked out of steam account at the moment due to being locked out of my email but I wanted to make a suggestion for your legendary lords mod, I'm suggesting as future legendary lord choice Emanuella Von Liebwitz the Elector count of Wissenland, she could be a nice combat slash support lord based around supporting artillery something the Empire lacks also she could be a melee ranged hybrid, using a gun at range and a Runefang and shield in melee, she ideally would have two red lines one focused on the army and the other on artillery as well a hybrid yellow line with both ranged and melee skill as for her model you could use a high elf princess, damsel, or Isabella as a base
    Certified Genius

Thanks to Caligula for the link to the mod, yes, the Ordo Draconis is released here, I also added some more info about the Strigoi and corrected some outdated stuff. I would also like to link the page where you can get more updated pics, it's a patreon page that i use as a more easy way to communicate.