Thread: I figured out how to remove heads from main lords

Default I figured out how to remove heads from main lords

DO NOT EDIT out the texture files part of it at all, then after those you get to the list part where it lists the model details and copy paste and replace with 0s
    \
    YOU CANNOT GO PAST the next model however. You have to stop.

You stop at >default_dry, do NOT overwrite that or it won't work.

Default Re: I FIGURED OUT HOW TO REMOVE HEADS FROM MAIN LORDS

Mmmm that's interesting, so you didn't edit any .dds file? i haven't understand how exactly you have made that, but i'll give it a try^^ thanks

Didn't edit any DDS file, this was one you couldn't just edit out the head by making it transparent. (That would be way too easy...) had to replace the entire model's files with 00000s

I see, thanks for pointing this out, until now i have only do it via DDS, but as you say, it was not possible for all models
    I am wondering if maybe we can replace the reference to another set of texture instead of the vanilla one. I'll explain: instead of replace the model's files with 000's, replace it with another model's files, to easily merge model parts

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

This in very interesting stuff, good work! It's too bad that this time there are almost no dds-files with editable alphachannel, or am I wrong? I know that feathers and stuff can be removed but to erase face to get a empty helmet etc seems impossible.

I have a question though on the topic. I want to use one of the "shades" torso. However, for some reason the head is stuck to those torsos! I tried to solve it with your info above, but no luck. If you could please overexplain the process I would be supergrateful. The model is def_shades/torso/def_shades_torso_01.rigid_model_v2" if you want to try it out for yourself.

thanks and cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Aguirre View Post
    This in very interesting stuff, good work! It's too bad that this time there are almost no dds-files with editable alphachannel, or am I wrong? I know that feathers and stuff can be removed but to erase face to get a empty helmet etc seems impossible.
    Yeah it seems so, i do believe that they used similar way of "making" textures as they do for the Wood Elves, which allow very few alphachannel transparencies..it's a pity, as you say it seems that feathers, hairs and so on can be removed, but not faces or similar..

Awesome stuff. Maybe there is some hope for modders I ran into the "alpha problem" several times while working on my darkelf mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1159693171

I found very few textures with moddable alpha channels. Dread lord head (male) is moddable and the lower part of the assassin cloak. I found out that alpha channels will work if you enable proximity fading when the camera is very close to the model.

Maybe you can identify certain parts in the .rigid_model_v2 and then remove them..

It would be great if I could find out a way to remove the gun barrel from the steam tanks for my mod...

Editing out parts of models has been done for some time now. You can also edit parts of models instead of just removing them altogether. Default dry is declaring the mesh group, followed by the skeleton information, textures, the actual mesh itself and materials.

Check the mods at my signature to see some examples.

The problem is, it's very time consuming. Also, there are some issues (game breaking, performace hogging etc) that can arise from it, so if you do it, test it extensively before publishing the mod on the workshop.

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: I figured out how to remove heads from main lords

Careful with this stuff. If you upload this onto the workshop, the you're breaking the TOS.

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post
    Careful with this stuff. If you upload this onto the workshop, the you're breaking the TOS.
    Does all the models modded this way count? or only the lord and main characters? I removed the head from the def_shades_torso, would that mess things up?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDarkElf View Post
    DO NOT EDIT out the texture files part of it at all, then after those you get to the list part where it lists the model details and copy paste and replace with 0s
    \
    YOU CANNOT GO PAST the next model however. You have to stop.

You stop at >default_dry, do NOT overwrite that or it won't work.

Hey, just wondering what the >default_dry part should look like exactly. Should it be something like this ".@aA#>default_dry" or should the characters before the > be removed like this ".....>default_dry"
    I'm currently trying to remove the body from the file def_morathi_body_01.rigid_model_v2 so that the head can be used on other models without the body causing clipping issues. The example I used is on line 000628f6.

Thanks for any help given.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Velsix View Post

Hey, just wondering what the >default_dry part should look like exactly. Should it be something like this ".@aA#>default_dry" or should the characters before the > be removed like this ".....>default_dry"
    I'm currently trying to remove the body from the file def_morathi_body_01.rigid_model_v2 so that the head can be used on other models without the body causing clipping issues. The example I used is on line 000628f6.

Thanks for any help given.

I forgot to mention that the issue I'm currently having is that the head is disappearing as well as the body. They both don't show up when I test it in-game (sorry for the double-post, not sure if I can edit).

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Aguirre View Post
    Does all the models modded this way count? or only the lord and main characters? I removed the head from the def_shades_torso, would that mess things up?
    All the rigid.models are off limits.

I was wondering if this could be used to remove parts of the female vampire head when used on another model. To be specific, I am using alpha channel to make the texture transparent but when zoomed out the whole model shows up in black. So far I haven't worked out a fix for this, I want to use the female vampire face but not the rest of the head/hair. It is fairly obvious when zoomed out that the rest of the head is still there, but zoomed in it works as intended. Could changing the rigid model in this method be used to fix my issue?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Matmannen View Post
    All the rigid.models are off limits.
    Oh? but to add textures, many are replacing the path to the dds with another. And so editing the rigid_models, no?

Hello i am new modeling. I hace done your recomendación to make the head of alith anar transparent ( the rigid model os the dame) bit instead of ver the head transparent filling the exactamente size of 0 i hace the body transparent andas no the head, and is the head What i want transparent. Thank You.