Thread: Overall Description For this Mod?

Default Overall Description For this Mod?

This seems to be the most popular mod for Medieval II. I have not played in years and am returning to Medieval vanilla, but I want something new and more engaging.

Anyways, maybe I am stupid, but I cannot seems to find a description of this mod anywhere? It seems like a big overhaul, but there are no details other than the new faction descriptions. The Deus Volt mod has an extensive description of their mod. Is there something similar for Stainless Steel? Is this an overhaul mod or just skins, factions, and units? Are there new campaign and battle mechanics?

I hate to be a nuisance like this. A link pointing me in the right direction will suffice.

Down the line, if I do enjoy the mod, I could take up writing a lengthy description if people would like me to.

Thanks!

Default Re: Overall Description For this Mod?

This is the download link which also has a descriptions of changes, additions etc. to the game.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-6-4-Released!
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Overall Description For this Mod?

You should also take into account that there're submods built on-top of the SS6.4 that introduce major changes and should be, to my mind, considered as the next versions of the mod:
    - BftB
    - HURB,
    - SSHIP
    - Titanium
    - BGR_V

Unsurprisingly, I suggest playing SSHIP with my submods, if you're interested in (quasi)historical depiction of the reality. The single best modification is a reduction of the stack-spam.
    You may learn about different features also here, and in some other entries, like on the settlement growth here.

In the past I've enjoyed playing BftB with BGR_IV (but the Grand campaign, not the Baltic) and HURB with BGR_II.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 20, 2017 at 12:58 PM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!