Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Areuakoi Society

Default Re: Areuakoi Society

So specifically, put them in the same army or same garrison, then drag it from the character info page of the guy who has it, down to the unit card at the bottom of the guy you want to give it to.

Never tried to do that. Thanks!

EDIT It is trully very well made faction, soo much stuff to do and decisions to be made, yay! I can recommend this to everyone.
    Last edited by YourMadDoc; October 26, 2017 at 02:38 AM.

Technically, there's even a few more traits planned for them. At least one new(but risky for the player!) trait system will be in 2.3a.

Their traits and ancillaries are ~85-90% done. Outside of some future tweaks, you're mostly enjoying a rather finished product.

Is 2.3a planned to be released anytime soon ? Im still in early game but I want to play long campaign so idk if I should continue now.

I don't think it's going to be released very soon. The Areuakoi changes are minor enough that you should probably just keep playing.

Development work never stops so there are more treats available in the future, but we're specifically leaving a gap so people playing 2.3 don't feel pressured into abandoning their campaigns or disappointed that they're missing out on content by putting out a patch with new goodies really soon after release.

So yeah there's enhancements in the works but don't worry about them til they're released. By then people will be ready to update and try something new as well, I think.

You forgot important fact about their society - if they don't fight they don't get laid

I have also some questions :

My heir had his right arm amputated after failed duel, it happened before to one weak client, but not to a good warrior. Is it random event? And where is his hand now?

My FM's are recruited from southern provinces, but not from Arsé where is my only one area of mercenary recruitment and I wanted it to be my mercenary hub. Is that colony a problem?

Amputated hand should appear after a severe defeat. It isn't really personal combat dependent, it can happen after any crushing defeat, for example.

The ethnicity of spawning FMs is quite random, but a son usually inherits his father's. Areuakoi has like 12 factional ethnicities, the earlier the game, the less likely you get the desired one. He will come, eventually.

Yeah IberianHandless happens after a defeat. His hand is with this man's enemy --and it's gone for good.

Sons always inherit father ethnicities. Marriages offer up the chance for new FMs(based on what settlements you own).

Arse only becomes a merc trait hub in the late 3rd century BC in game--whereas Gader and Mastia start out as merc trait hubs. These traits are totally independent of the colonies.

ah, it says it was amputated due to a conflict with a rival of his in Iberia and that it is an important trophy for his enemy so I thought it is from some duel between my FMs so I went through the whole family to see who is crazy enough to carry severed hand with him

Quote Originally Posted by YourMadDoc View Post
    ah, it says it was amputated due to a conflict with a rival of his in Iberia and that it is an important trophy for his enemy so I thought it is from some duel between my FMs so I went through the whole family to see who is crazy enough to carry severed hand with him
    He may be a crazy guy but at least he would also be a happy one :

That is EXACTLY how I imagined. But they also left their own dead warriors on a field to be eaten by crows on purpose (it is practiced even nowadays btw, its called sky funeral). I have also read that a father often required some hand for a hand of his daughter so I think they all looked like on this picture.

I eventually got what I wished. I had great warrior carrying enemy hands as trophies, champion, chief of a band of warriors, victorious in Sicily with 10 stars,9 influence, and 8 companions. So I gave him my best mercenary company with silver/gold tier champions and mead-borns and then he turned on me... so I had to fight this crazy sik AND strongest army I have ever built.

Hahaha really cool!

I cannot overstate how much I am loving the Areuakoi. The level of detail, thoroughness, interconnectedness, and flavor in the Celtiberian traits, ancillaries, events, and government/colonization system is superb. They might just be my new favorite faction. And you're not even done with them yet! The fact that my famous, bloodthirsty, beer-swilling champion who leads both the youth assembly and his own band of warriors can take the sword-hand of the Lusitannian faction leader as his trophy is just fantastic. It's like I'm falling in love with EB2 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by bendsley View Post
    I cannot overstate how much I am loving the Areuakoi. The level of detail, thoroughness, interconnectedness, and flavor in the Celtiberian traits, ancillaries, events, and government/colonization system is superb. They might just be my new favorite faction. And you're not even done with them yet! The fact that my famous, bloodthirsty, beer-swilling champion who leads both the youth assembly and his own band of warriors can take the sword-hand of the Lusitannian faction leader as his trophy is just fantastic. It's like I'm falling in love with EB2 all over again.
    Great to hear--stuff like this is why I work on traits.

My Briton clients has adapted Iberian rites of passage and Illyrian pirates adapted Celtiberian habit of collecting enemy hands after a battle. That's what I call cultural influence!

Good spot--thats a bug, not intended.

What a shame :/

I haven't ever had one of my FM's collect an enemy hand yet, but some of them lost their hands in won battles after losing a large percentage of their bodyguard. That's some rotten luck...

Civis

Can anyone tell me what all my generals are saying when they go "DEYOOOOO" after I click on them. This has really niggled at me as practically all my armies say this. Is it something simple like 'troops', 'general'? Or is it a gneral statement of ready-ness?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast