Thread: Change Regions Borders

Default Change Regions Borders

Hi every one!
    I am the creator of Rise Of Glory mod and i want just to say that we reached to some breakthrough of map modding that we can for the first time in modding of Attila and Rome II history replace a city to another place that is a new and very important thing in modding.
    Now i want to say that we can also change the provinces but we tried too much to change the regions borders and we did and did many works to change borders of a region but at all tests we failed!
    I changed the Map_Data.esf that includes the region areas block several times but nothing happened to map!! I dont know where CA putted the regions borders! There are some files that we cant open them only by HEX we can see what is in them and we can see in some of them the all regions names even seas like borders.pbd file!
    I ask any moders who can consult us to achieve to this skill assist us, or who can connect us to Lead of map programming of the game to ask him or connect us to the middlemen of CA to transmit our question to them.

Lead programmer: Ed Ainsley
    Programming Area Leads: Scott Backhouse & Tamas Rabel & Robert Kovas & Scott Pitkethly & Jon Raftery & Richard Gardner & J. Guy Davidson.

Middlemen: @Mitch & @Jack Lusted & @CraigTW & @Darren_CA & @AL_CA & @CA_Dogbert & @elliottlock & @lanRoxCA & @James Green & @Joey CA & @Mastahful & @Nico CA & @WatcherCA & @Wili CA

Thanks!
    Last edited by asadyan; October 19, 2017 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Added Some Names

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Change Regions Borders

How did you manage to change the position of the settlement? And is the settlement fully functional once it is moved?

It would be easier for everyone to help if they knew how you have done this so far

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    How did you manage to change the position of the settlement? And is the settlement fully functional once it is moved?

It would be easier for everyone to help if they knew how you have done this so far
    hi mate, but the city position and regions borders are not related to each other at all till if you knew one could better help!
    Last edited by asadyan; October 15, 2017 at 06:17 AM.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by asadyan View Post
    hi mate, but the city position and regions borders are not related to each other at all till if you knew one could better help!
    I just mean that modders will be more likely to get involved if they can test the moving settlements themselves - that is the best way to move forward. The more people trying to solve the problem, the more likely it will be to succeed.

I'd also change the name of the thread to something like "Successful - Moving Settlements on Campaign Map" so that people know that you are not starting from nowhere.

Good luck though.

zxcvmnb's Avatar Semisalis

What an outstanding development. Hopefully you will be able to progress in this field. Best of luck!

TGW Mod Official Unit Cutter-Outer

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Darren no longer works for Creative Assembly. You could try contacting Grace_CA on Reddit, she's pretty active and has responded to a few of my questions before.

Any idea when/if you'll make a tutorial teaching other mod teams how to do what you've already done? A lot would be interested.

Hi & thank you dear @Caligula, yeah i would make a tutorial when i finish my works eventually (because i work on ROG & as well on Xasasa bumis(Kingdom Of The World) mod for medieval II) & i would be glad that modders help each other to make their good mods

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Darren no longer works for Creative Assembly. You could try contacting Grace_CA on Reddit, she's pretty active and has responded to a few of my questions before.

Any idea when/if you'll make a tutorial teaching other mod teams how to do what you've already done? A lot would be interested.
    hey could u ask his behalf of me pls? i sent his a PM 14 days ago & isnt answered yet!

Campidoctor
    Civitate

I am just saying: If you would do a proper tutorial on how you relocated towns, you would get thousands of views and many people more than willing to give back anything you need (Animations, contacts). It's an immediate win / win.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; November 08, 2017 at 02:54 PM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I've gotta agree with Linus. Not just because I want to know how, but it would make a lot more noise if Youtubers like lionheartx10 and Invicta/THFE Productions could cover it.
    Also, Grace is a woman, not a man.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    I am just saying: If you would do a proper tutorial on how you relocated towns, you would get thousands of views and many people more than willing to give back anything you need (Animations, contacts). It's an immediate win / win.
    Totally agree with this. So many more people could be working on figuring this out if you showed them how you managed to move the position of a city. Make a tutorial and they will come...

I'll write a tutorial about changing settlements positions soon, but although im sure that regions borders will stay a big problem in modding!
    Last edited by asadyan; January 10, 2018 at 08:38 AM.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by asadyan View Post
    I'll write a tutorial about changing settlements positions soon, but although im sure that regions borders will stay a big problem in modding!
    If there is a tutorial, lots of people will be excited and get involved - especially as the new Thrones of Britannia game will probably be modded in a similar way. The more people involved, the more likely we will be to fix the issue of borders!

Looking forward to seeing the tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    If there is a tutorial, lots of people will be excited and get involved - especially as the new Thrones of Britannia game will probably be modded in a similar way. The more people involved, the more likely we will be to fix the issue of borders!

Looking forward to seeing the tutorial!
    I wrote tutorial: CHANGE-SETTLEMENT-POSITION-(by-asadyan-son-of-persia)
    Last edited by asadyan; January 27, 2018 at 03:34 AM.