Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Quote Originally Posted by visceraljouster View Post
    Whoa, hold up a second, i did not see the whole auto-resolve only. I dont do those types of hot seats. Sorry boys
    Man this thread has been open for a week now and the admins called for careful rules reading more than once before starting, and now you realise that you didn't read the rules carefully enough ?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    Visceral you simply can't join a hotseat and not look at the rules the most important rule you should look at is whether its a auto resolve or manual hotseat shame.

Are you the replacement? Searching for one
    Last edited by Jadli; October 19, 2017 at 05:33 PM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It's alright, folks. I should have bumped rule 4 up 2 font sizes/number slots and made the first two words bold. :p
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

I would love to play as Ireland if a replacement is needed.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Welcome! Please, use the save posted by Jadli
    Rep the guy

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    I would love to play as Ireland if a replacement is needed.
    We appear to need one. I welcome you as kinsman!

...ish... we're related somewhat, right?... irish, wel- meh. Whatever.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    Rep the guy
    Welcome ! And don't forget, it's already your turn

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    Rep the guy
    Thanks and will do!

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    We appear to need one. I welcome you as kinsman!

...ish... we're related somewhat, right?... irish, wel- meh. Whatever.
    I consider all Irish to be one big happy family . Ar tuigeann tú Gaeilge?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Welcome ! And don't forget, it's already your turn
    Okay thanks for the heads up, Its late for me at the moment but I'll play my turn first thing tomorrow and post my save.
    Last edited by PeaMan; October 19, 2017 at 06:59 PM.

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Welcome to the community Pea Man

After hearing tales that the mighty Prince Magnus sits on the Isle of Man awaiting to depart on his adventures. High King Brian has sent forth a emissaries in hopes of gaining new alliances and has ordered that the north of our Kingdom be fortified and for a new fleet to be built in preparations, He has also decreed that the English Invaders are no longer welcome on our great island and has called forth the clans and nobles alike of Ireland to march against the Invaders and to unify the great Island of Ireland.

(I'm new to RP but I'm sure as time goes on I'll get better at it.)

Wales - https://www.mediafire.com/file/1uxly...C_Wales_1a.sav

Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    After hearing tales that the mighty Prince Magnus sits on the Isle of Man awaiting to depart on his adventures. High King Brian has sent forth a emissaries in hopes of gaining new alliances and has ordered that the north of our Kingdom be fortified and for a new fleet to be built in preparations, He has also decreed that the English Invaders are no longer welcome on our great island and has called forth the clans and nobles alike of Ireland to march against the Invaders and to unify the great Island of Ireland.

(I'm new to RP but I'm sure as time goes on I'll get better at it.)

Wales - https://www.mediafire.com/file/1uxly...C_Wales_1a.sav
    So it begins !

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Chronicles of the Welsh Revolution, Volume 1, Chapter 1

From the personal writings of Madoc, official representative of the Welsh King
    It seemed like English spearmen were a common sight only yesterday, though it was indeed a few years ago. It also seemed like the English word was law yesterday, yet that too was some time in the past now. The declaration of Welsh independence changed all that. In the blink of an eye, the red coats of English authority vanished, and Llywelyn found himself elected King by the nationalist Welsh lords.

There were other lords, of course, that were opposed to the independence. Lord Tiernan of Pembroke was violently opposed to throwing out the English. How ironic, then, that his own people deposed him, and literally cast him into the sea. For a time, Lord Maredudd was opposed. Still, the man saw the world change, and he cast his lot in with Llywelyn and his brother, Dafydd.

Llywelyn was already a strong lord in the province, but after the death of his father, Lord Gruffudd, it was intended that he would receive Montgomery and Dafydd would receive Caernarvon. Such an arrangement was appealing to the English - the old lord was troublesome enough, and while the sons were also troublesome, they were also not good friends.

At least, the English thought, until a string of incidents resulted in the two meeting and reconciling their childhood differences, and the subsequent event where the Governor of Wales was eliminated in open combat against Llywelyn when the governor made the mistake of challenging Lywelyn to a duel. A shock to the English Crown, no doubt, when the governor's office was suddenly empty, and when English officers fled Wales in a hurry. Even more of a shock was the ease with which Lywelyn united the Welsh lords that weren't deposed that very month.

Now, four men rule the little dominion of Wales, and stand in open opposition against the English Crown. Five men declare themselves traitors, though in their eyes, they are entirely justified, and have no obligation to the English Crown anyways. I suppose that I too am a traitor. While I was tutored by an Englishman, and have learned history through English lenses, I cannot say that my heart nor my fate lies with England. At the end of an English blade in the night, perhaps, but that time is not today. Of course not, I am able to write this down.

To connect these points, six men - myself included - are now the public enemies of England. There is myself, who authored the statement last year that more or less told the English to bugger off. I have only lifted a pen against England, but I, and certainly the English, would argue that it is a very potent and treacherous pen. I will not be spared, in the end. I suppose that means we should win. Hopefully I live past the age of twenty-five, but I'm no oracle, seer or priest.

There is of course Lord - or, now King - Llywelyn, centerpiece of the rebellion. His father was known as a man of honor, and the reputation carried on to his father's first son. Some are even taking to the name "Llywelyn the Honorable". We will see if the title is deserved. From what I know of him, he seems to be a fair and just man. He has expressed regret for the unfortunate events before the revolution, even if he had no hand in them. He expressed regret for the way some of the English were removed, which is to say, some Englishmen were flat out murdered. Nobody of national importance, but Llywelyn tells me that distinction does not matter. I'm not sure if I agree, but that is his prerogative. It is up to the English to appease or remove Llywelyn first. I don't know how conflict could possibly be averted. An English lord challenged Llywelyn, and the man intends to take up the challenge.

Then there is Dafydd, a man five years junior to his brother. His father's reputation did not carry on to him, largely because it is in Dafydd's nature to remain outside of the spotlight, and because of Dafydd's... somewhat grizzly ways in regards to war. I cannot confirm this, but I suspect he was behind the death of at least one Englishman who fled the country. His descriptions of what he would do to an English knight are frankly terrifying, and I shall not write them down. Nonetheless, he is a smart fellow and has a fair grasp on command, and is an important part of the new Welsh administration. It is he who has recently convinced Llywelyn to make further developments to infrastructure around Wales. I believe he manages other things as well, but those things are of a nature that one should not write about in these preliminary writings.

Lord Maredudd is an unremarkable sort of man - I do not wish for this to be taken poorly. He is smart, a fair fighter, and a decent lord. He supported the English until unfortunate events that turned most of the Welsh nation against the Crown. After that, he was an early supporter of Llywelyn, and now one of the people to swear by the new Welsh King.

Finally, for our list of lords, we have Lord Rhodri, a young man pushed into a position of power with the death of his father. He lead a small force to decisive victory against an English garrison to the west of Montgomery, and that distinction makes him a potent ally. I confess, however, that while I have my reservations about the prince, Lord Rhodri is not an example of what Welsh independence should be. He is a dark man with harsh justice that feels distinctly English. Yet when I say that, I mean the stereotype of English oppression, which may or may not be true depending on region. Rhodri is the face of oppression, and I suspect he is followed out of fear more than anything else. He is an outlier, and I would be happy to see him go. For now, I can simply avoid him.

The fifth man is comparatively minor, and serves as a financial advisor to the Welsh King's brother. A merchant by trade, wandering Wales and getting the best of deals. He is also a nationalist and a verbose supporter of the revolutionary movement, though that is probably because of his opposition to English taxation more than anything else. Ironic, too, as the new administration is similarly seeking coin from its citizens, but I digress.

The time has come to write letters to various lords. Llywelyn tells me what point he wants to get across, and I write. It's a cozy arrangement. Hopefully it stands as the one outlet for diplomacy in the nation, and that Dafydd won't try and do his own thing. Or anyone else, for that matter.

These are new and dark times. The Irish have made their declarations. The Welsh (obviously), and even a contingent of English lords are dissatisfied. Perhaps this is the time when England will lose its choke-hold over the Isles. English law is being deposed, bit by bit.

Yet, I fear of what might take its place...

Cadogan's Journal

I saw a band of Gwents today. They harassed me, and I made it very plain who I was, what I do and who I support. Thank god they left me alone. Wales is chaos right now. All the talk of Llywelyn and deposing the crown is making me sick.
    Can't something be normal for once? I found a nice deposit of gold I can squat on for a while. Coal's closer, but the gold is worth it. I just need to send a message to the lord in the castle every so often and he will send me guards, some of those 'true welsh' people the Gwents won't bother. Oh, and the florins every month are good.

A note slipped in a carriage headed towards Wales

The lady is near Oxford. She seems to be coming our way. May attempt contact. Will wait for command. The force entering West Country. The word is moving up. Tracking lady and seeking bird from my leige.

The Welsh Revolution has begun, with text produced above by figures relative to the period. Now, Scotland's turn.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...1FnYllSUkZRdjg

Shame there is no LIKE button !!

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I can't really get liked (but there is the little green (+) button for reputation) because I sent 4 messages or so and forgot to screenshot any of them. All were intended to be official, none actually got screenshots, and I'd be lucky to have them on save. Bugger >.< I can attempt to recover 'em.

Edit: Yeah, didn't make a mid-turn save, and so no screenshots of any unless I blow up my ethics and start going into later turns to pluck them out. >.<

Could bugger the rule, given that it's somewhat abstract and restrictive, but still. Blimey. I wrote it and buggered it.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; October 20, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

I can't really get liked (but there is the little green (+) button for reputation) because I sent 4 messages or so and forgot to screenshot any of them. All were intended to be official, none actually got screenshots, and I'd be lucky to have them on save. Bugger >.< I can attempt to recover 'em.

Edit: Yeah, didn't make a mid-turn save, and so no screenshots of any unless I blow up my ethics and start going into later turns to pluck them out. >.<

Could bugger the rule, given that it's somewhat abstract and restrictive, but still. Blimey. I wrote it and buggered it.
    What do you mean by that (the bolded words in your message)?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

What do you mean by that (the bolded words in your message)?
    First turn, no passwords, and given the file is on your system, well, the security implications are obvious. It's an implied rule, at least for me, to simply leave the game at the starting screen of the next player's turn. Rules depend on integrity and enforcement. In the case of hotseats, one could be missing without anyone knowing, and the other is rather difficult to accomplish at times.

If you really want a private conversation, the best bet is always turn 2 onwards. It is technically possible to go into later turns and retrieve at least a few of the messages I sent via screenshot, but doing so could interfere with any other messages sent before my time that were intended to be private.

First turn, no passwords, and given the file is on your system, well, the security implications are obvious. It's an implied rule, at least for me, to simply leave the game at the starting screen of the next player's turn. Rules depend on integrity and enforcement. In the case of hotseats, one could be missing without anyone knowing, and the other is rather difficult to accomplish at times.

If you really want a private conversation, the best bet is always turn 2 onwards. It is technically possible to go into later turns and retrieve at least a few of the messages I sent via screenshot, but doing so could interfere with any other messages sent before my time that were intended to be private.
    Well maybe the admin can do that for you, can't he ?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Well maybe the admin can do that for you, can't he ?

If he wants. Otherwise, it's not that critical, just a shame that I managed to pass by my own rule design :p

sorry guys having trouble getting the mod to work im working on it still

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

What's the issue? Something a specific set of instructions for install would help with, or?...