Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950515267 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Sorry, guys. I didn't realize until yesterday that I was still up for subbing here.

Norway:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FvN...ew?usp=sharing

Naval battle:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FHg...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AeR...ew?usp=sharing

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

"Welshmen, this is not your war.
    You were betrayed by your leaders and left here, defenceless, in a foreign land, far from home.

Drop your arms and you will be allowed to go join your brothers in the Welsh Province of the Kingdom of England.
    Refuse and you will be slain."

There was some shouting and pushing, arguing and crying in the Welsh ranks, after King Magnus delivered his speech from outside the Walls of Dunfstaffnage Castle.

Some were laughing at the Norse King's choice of words for the homeland - the Welsh Province of the Kingdom of England, what an insult!
    Some others were going to open the Gates and surrender, but were stopped, some even killed by their own kin.

Suddenly, the doors open and some Welsh militia came out with white flags.

The Vikings screamed of joy and rushed in, only to be met with boiling oil from the towers.
    Some 20 Norsemen died instantly.
    But the rest made it inside and, red with fury, turned berserk and started slaughtering everyone and everything in sight.

Magnus had to quickly intervene to stop this madness.
    Luckily for the King, some shouts came down from the towers, as Welsh hunters started pushing their own men from the towers.

"Those are the ones who poured the boiling all on your men, Sire. We agreed to surrender but they betrayed their word."

When the Norse warriors saw what just happened, they stopped the slaughter.
    Magnus let the survivors decide what to do.

Some left and took the road south towards Scottish borders, while many others decided to stay and put themselves at the service of the Vikings (Norway has now access to Welsh hunters).

Magnus immediately held a war council.

"Any news from Mull?" He inquired about the other siege in the Isle of Skye.
    "Yes, and they are bad. Our ships who were about to transport reinforcements to the island were ambushed. Our men cannot assault and are still waiting for artillery support." The messenger bowed and sat down.

"Those Scots have become good sailors..." Magnus was scratching his beard and thinking when another messenger reported to him that the Crusaders have embarked in Newcastle and that Irish troops were spotted moving North towards Downpatrick most probably to sail east to help the Welsh...again...

"Very well. So it seems we are facing future attacks from all sides, except from the North. Good thing we are Northmen. So be it.
    Carry my orders."

The war council was dismissed.
    ----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, further east, a scottish spy trespassing into Norse territory slipped on an icy rock and met his fate...The North is a dangerous for uninvited, solo travellers...

-----------------------------------------------------

The Barons are next: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m1pde9ike9asqwn/TIOC_Barons_44.sav/file
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Henry growled at the servant bringing his food , his plans foiled yet again at Chester at the hands of the mad king , such a thing was becoming a habit , and made him increasingly angry . Ships nearby contained a small irish army which had camped off the coastline to give support in case of retaliation from the English throne , but Henry again grew distant and more than a little annoyed at the sounds of merriment and the irish singing that drifted into the City , further lowering his disposition.

----------------

Up in the north however , the Templars had finished gathering there war effort, and supplies were loaded onto the ships ready to depart . Henry had sent the Templars a message saying he could desperately need there help to strike the English throne's eastern coast or to reinforce him at Lancaster to retake Chester, but the Templars replyed with a rather brisk note, that it was not Gods will , that Englishmen should war on Englishmen , and that Gods enemies where currently practicing foul arts in the far north, which must be dealt with , at a measure of urgency.

The Templars had not be idle however, and they had recruited to there cause , Robert de Brus , lord of Annandale , son of Henry de Brus {Lord Roger for this context] to lead the crusades northwards . The lord however was rather busying riding down bandits , which had being preying off the supply wagons that had been transporting supplies for the voyage northwards, but upon being greeted by the Templar master, he soon jumped at the task of leading the crusade to the north, both in respect of seeing Gods own justice on the godless northmen , and to perhaps carve out his own tenuous link to a claim to the highlands.

{Sir Robert de Brus enjoys clearing the roads of bandits to keep himself busy}

Turn to England [redone 8:47pm thurs}

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24py35zwf9...nd_45.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; March 21, 2019 at 03:54 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

I'm afraid you'll have to replay your turn PDB. As is stated in the rules you need to fulfill the requirements for both siege artillery and equipment before you can assault. That is unless you have used a spy to open the gate of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    I'm afraid you'll have to replay your turn PDB. As is stated in the rules you need to fulfill the requirements for both siege artillery and equipment before you can assault. That is unless you have used a spy to open the gate of course.
    I am not sure whether I am in the right or not , as these rules are always complex but I believe the rules stated...

"Catapults can take out wooden walls and forts solo; two catapults must be used to breach castle/city walls. For forts you need only one ballista."

and as the castle of Pontefract [p27, #538] is actually a "fort" rather than a castle [I just tended to call them as such for RP and to give some history of prominent castles around the land} I believe it might be ok? as I am using a catapult?

but I will await confirmation of this ? and will redoe if necessary?

PBOB

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    I am not sure whether I am in the right or not , as these rules are always complex but I believe the rules stated...

"Catapults can take out wooden walls and forts solo; two catapults must be used to breach castle/city walls. For forts you need only one ballista."

and as the castle of Pontefract [p27, #538] is actually a "fort" rather than a castle [I just tended to call them as such for RP and to give some history of prominent castles around the land} I believe it might be ok? as I am using a catapult?

but I will await confirmation of this ? and will redoe if necessary?

PBOB
    You are right, a catapult is enough for the fort, even a ballista does the job, but you still need to build siege equipment, on top of the artillery.
    In the case of a fort, a battering ram will suffice.
    Check out the rules again:

> Siege Mechanics
    To be allowed to assault a settlement, you need fulfill requirements for siege artillery and siege equipment below, not only one of them.
    - Screnshots are required for all info relevant to your siege.
    Siege Artillery Mechanics
    Ballista can take out anything with wooden walls, provided there are two of them in the besieging forces.

Catapults can take out wooden walls and forts solo; two catapults must be used to breach castle/city walls. For forts you need only one ballista.

Trebuchets can take out all walls up to fortress solo; two are required for a fortress and a citadel. Huge cities follow fortress/citadel rules.

Two catapults and a trebuchet are interchangeable when reading these rules. If you need a trebuchet to knock something down, but only have a pair of catapults, you're solid. If you want to counter someone's catapult that sits in a settlement, but you only have a trebuchet, then the trebuchet will overrule the catapult and count as an extra catapult.

Riabults can only knock down the simplest level of wooden walls.

Bombards follow the same rules of use as catapults. They can replace superior cannons in the same way that catapults can replace trebuchets.

Larger cannons more advanced than the bombard (not monster riabult, see above) follow Trebuchet rules.

A siege weapon can only participate once every two turns. That is, you cannot use it for one siege, and turn it around to be used in another siege the following turn or during the current turn.

In addition, defending forces may include siege equipment in their own cities. If that is the case, you must match their siege equipment, as their equipment cancels out your own. If they have a catapult, you need to have one more catapult. If they have two catapults, you need a trebuchet to counter them and then use the amount of siege equipment required to breach the walls.

- However, siege artillery itself is not enough to assault a settlement. Continue reading below...
    Siege Equipment
    > If there are less than 4 full units or less than 250 men in a besieged settlement, only a battering ram is required to be able to breach a set of walls.
    > If there are more than 4 full units or 250 men in a besieged settlement, you must have a 1:1 ratio of ground units to enemy ground units (you do not need to match enemy artillery or cavalry). If this condition is met, you must create a ladder for four foot units in the case of a castle, five ladders against a fortress, and six ladders against a citadel.
    > If a besieged settlement isn't big enough for ladders to have any use, a battering ram is enough. That means settlements with wooden pallisades - motte and bailley and smalll towns. (forts fall into this category too)
    > Rebel cities only require the siege equipment rules, and not the extended battering ram/ladder requirements.

- To remind again, you need to fullfil also requirements for siege artillery, not only siege equipment.

Current Hotseat:

yeah but I would argue that a "fort" is not classed as a settlement per se and therefore :-

However, siege artillery itself is not enough to assault a settlement. Continue reading below...
    would not apply..

[shrugs] but I digress, If one more person agree's I need siege ladders/ram for attacking a fort, [as most of my attacks have been against forts/settlements using spies] then I will redoe, my turn..

edit : ah it ..I will change my turn..should be done In a few mins..
    Last edited by paladinbob123; March 21, 2019 at 03:41 PM.

Good that you agreed to replay.

Even if the rules speak of "settlements", I think we can all agree that forts are treated the same way as a settlement and so far all attacks on forts by all players , which were done without spies, have been in accordance with the siege equipment+siege artillery rule.

Current Hotseat:

Content Emeritus

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign] - SCOTLAND OPEN

England

All was not well in the kingdom of England. Henry of Lancaster had been repelled for a second time at Chester and Brian Peckam, the traitor, was hemmed in at Oxford but that was all that was good. The victory at Chester left Edmund's forces weak and too spread out to march north and retaliate against his foe nor could he send his battered troops to the defence of Caernarvon. A vast horde, this was no army anymore it was a horde, of Irish- and Welshmen layed siege to the great citadel, taunting the English in their horrible foreign languages. Anyone would have felt confident in defending such a grand structure, even when arrayed against such great numbers, were it not for the insane amount of artillery the enemy had brought. As far as the eye could see, catapults and trebuchets were lined up ranging from the west to the north. This was an assault planned long ago. England's enemies had not wanted to take any risk this time and threw everything they had at Caernarvon, hoping to break through. The bombardment was relentless and the professional English army cringed with each nerve-breaking boom as giant boulders were flung without pause into the once thought mighty walls. Yet morale remained rather high originating from the grim determination of the soldiers. Inside the citadel were England's finest, professional fighters, not some peasant rabble that would break at the sight of battle, and what a battle this would be. This could be the battle that decided the fate of Wales and perhaps England as a whole. They would fight to their dying breath to repel the invaders and the Irish and Welsh would pay dearly for their assault when it came. And come it would. Soon.

Battle
    Battle with a rebel army

Ireland up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8o3khk...nd_45.sav/file

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign] - SCOTLAND OPEN

More celebrations were held in Dublin as the newest member of the royal family was born between prince Sean (eldest living son of the high king) and the princess Caitriona, (daughter of the late prince domnall and niece to prince sean). Magnus he was named by his father and all rejoiced at the good news in the capital..

While a new member was welcomed into the royal fold another had come of age.. prince Finn, 3rd son of the high king who was one of prince Griffons close childhood friends and his head was filled with the same notion as his nephew the heir though after spending time with his father when he returned to Dublin the young prince had taken a like to his fathers cruel and barbaric ways, though in his own twisted way..

Though unlike his father, who doesn't care to justify his reasons for his cruel actions. Prince Finn O'Neil has become rather fanatical in his belief since his father influenced him in his ways, believing he is part of gods plan he takes command of 2,500 men and sets sail from the port of Dublin intent to punishing the heathens in the north unless they convert and as such he declares holy war on his vikings and their pagan gods..

The holy prince captures a lone ship sailing towards the welsh coast and arrests its occupants as pagans. The prisoners objected to their imprisonment claiming they were sent by king Magnus under a flag of peace to attempt improve relations between Ireland and the Vikings but prince Finn will hear none of it and has the mans tongue removed lest he put some spell on him..

Prince Finn intercepts the envoy that was headed for the crown prince of Ireland and stops it before they can win the ear of prince Griffon..

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/utcx8axbpkodce6/TIOC_Wales_45.sav/file

Beautiful RP!

Current Hotseat:

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Scotland 45
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...cotland_45.sav

Eager Welsh men couldn't wait anymore and striked the walls at the dawn. At one side catapults were hitting the weak walls, while at the other side brave men were climbing the ladders. Fight at the walls were fierce. There was almost no stance or battle position for the both sides. After English watchers confirmed there is no movement at the Irish side of the assault, men moved to north side of the castle to support and reclaim the walls. Yet battering rams breached the gates. Welsh run to the gate with loud battlecries. Prince Geoffrey came to the gate to ensure Welsh can't get any further.
    Meanwhile Irish started to move and capture almost non defended walls.
    Soon English army were surrounded. The prince had no intention to surrender. Yet the men stopped resisting. After cursing the traitors who chose to surrender, with his faithful men tried a weak charge, yet took an arrow to his shoulder and a throwing spear to his chest.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0-15-38-39.jpg
    The castle was completely English. There was almost no sign of Welsh culture. Therefore general Trahaearn ordered his men to sack the castle. Some of the citizens were killed due to refusing to hand over valuable items. Church was untouched tho.

With the castle falling, soon the port has been captured.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...0-21-06-75.jpg

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

A Norwegian spy is discovered right next to the King's army, and is promptly eliminated.

Norway:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gVQ...ew?usp=sharing

Screenshot:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fL4...ew?usp=sharing

Sorry guys, I can't post pictures and the whole user interface is broken.

I get these error messages:

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 310

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 310

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 402

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 462

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 462

Current Hotseat:

I think the forum's PHP version must be updated. I can't reply with a quote, I can't type with the advanced option...
    ---------------------

Onwards.
    ---------

In the castle of Inverness...
    --------------------------

The Norse War Council was full. All the best warlords in the Noregveldi province of Britannia were gathered to discuss the course of action after the fall of Caernarvon to the hordes of Iris and Welsh peasants clad in sheep wool.

The situation is the isles is taking a turn to the worse for the Norse-English alliance.

The Crown still has massive resources, but the hordes of cannon fodder the Celtic nations possess are a roalmng in Wales.

In the North, Hardeknud is stuck on the Isle of Skye with his troops, besieging Mull. But Scottish ships are preventing reinforcements from reaching him.
    He cannot assault the wooden settlement as the Isle os Skye has no trees and he is unable to build any siege equipment.

His only hope is to starve the garrison, but a huge scottish relief force hs been spotted sailing towards Mull.
    Hardeknud is about to join Valhalla with his bands of warriors.

Magnus was furious.

The Scottish are now active on the western and southern fronts with two massive armies, and in the east the Crusader force is approaching.

The messengers he sent to the Irish Prince, hoping to reason with him after he heard that he is wiser and more rational than his sanguinary father, never came back.
    This can only mean that the Irish Prince has no power nor control....yet.
    It also mean that Irtish troops are probably going to land in the North soon.

How can the Irish field so many men? Magnus was thinking, how much easier it would have been if he also had access to the vast ressources of his native Norway.
    But being isolated in Britannia restricts his manpower and funds.

Facing a three-front attack is inevitable...
    ------------------------------------------

Barons next: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u5t1et...ns_45.sav/file

Current Hotseat:

It was the summer of 1302AD , and the Mad King still controlled much of the power of England although some of his power, was waining. {Oh for the lone of some barrels of greekfire to be smuggled into the palace at Chester }...The crusaders sent out towards the pagans terrority holding onto the sides of ships unleashing the dry biscuits they had been given to quell the heaving of there stomachs , as the turbulent northern sea , was extreme at this time of year . Likewise the Duke of Leciester still managed to hold onto the walls of Oxford, despite the army besieging him being reinforced and now commanded by the prince of the realm of England.

More important news came to the Barons of the Northern shires , that two important nobles had rebelled from the Mad King perhaps somewhat at the turning of fates in the west , where the welsh and irish had pushed inland and had perhaps made the first step in there reconquest of Wales. But Nicholas Gravestone had rebelled at the cost of the English crowns estates were paying to maintain the army and the war footing. He packed up his bags and left the city of London at first light convinced that englands hope lay in the independent barons to the north.Now came the more important deflection as the right hand henchmen and troublesolver for the King , the famous "Walter Giffard" ,a man forged in fire from the many battles at the behest of the king had rebelled from following the Mad King , leading his four companies of heavy foot over to the Barons of the Northern shires , in what could prove a troublesome deflection for the crown at this stage of the war......

Turn to England

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gadcpia6se...nd_46.sav?dl=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails defections.jpg  
    Last edited by paladinbob123; April 06, 2019 at 09:21 AM.

Hey, I am not even receiving notifications anymore. Is it only me or are you also having thee issues?
    ---------------

Regarding the English turncoats, are you bribing them or it just happened that they defected?

Current Hotseat:

God no...I would've have had the monies . to bribe such men ...no it seems the A.I has decided they didn't favour there king , despite his victories and just handed them to me..in some cases I didn't really want them , as they are in awkward areas to do anything with them.. and the extra troops is a further strain on my budget

Content Emeritus

England

Defeat and loss! Just another day in the life of Mad King Edmund. The defeat at Caernarvon wasn't the thing that irked him most. Oh no, it was the constant rebelling of generals who supposedly were loyal. Everything showed this to be the case but alas it seemed that such things did not matter to this cruel God. Edmund cried out against this madness, overcome with rage. He was so angry he could easily strangle someone. After a while he regained his cool and relaxed, there was some business to attend to. A new regent would need to be appointed since the loss of Geoffrey at the hands of the Irish and Welsh forces. The honorary title of Prince was perhaps a bit misleading to say the least since the real heir to the throne was Edmund's nephew, the son of Edward, the King who died near Dublin after his failed invasion of Ireland. The title of Prince was granted to Lewes, in hopes of securing his loyalty as he was fairly important. It was Lewes who kept Brian at bay at Oxford. Should he rebel, the whole of England would surely collapse (and so will my mind ) The position of this honorary Prince was to rule as Regent in case Edmund died before his nephew came of age. With that dealt with he could focus on more pleasant endeavors, taking revenge on his many rebellious vassals. He sent a mighty company to challenge Giffard with the orders and I quote: 'to sodomize the general as much as was humanly possible'. Sadly the soldiers failed to oblige to such a request and Giffard, after a small battle, fled to a fortification just across the border where he joined his compatriot in crime, John de Warenne. May they all rot in hell, were Edmund's last thoughts before going to sleep.

Author's note
    Apologies for the delay. With the update and some RL stuff getting in the way I wasn't able to post this any earlier

Ireland up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wl3b6g...nd_46.sav/file

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/92dcatt84nk8ltr/TIOC_Wales_46.sav/file