Thread: The problem with England's Duke and heir Robert

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Default The problem with England's Duke and heir Robert

This seems to be problem with how ss6.4 early era is set up. I am confused. Historically, Robert is returning from the first crusade in 1100 while Henry seizes the throne of England upon the death of his brother Ruffus under questionable circumstances while hunting. In 1101 Robert invades and contests Henry's position as king. They settle, but then Henry invades Normandy in 1106. Robert is defeated and imprisoned for life in 1106. This is all great stuff but is excluded from the campaign. So why is Robert a family member and heir in England at the start of the campaign? Why is he present in York? Are there any add on mods to ss6.4 that would address this? Are there any mods that start earlier than the end of the First crusade with the 6.4ss map that avoids this glitch in the history to start a campaign?

Default Re: The problem with England's Duke and heir Robert

The version of SS6.4 I have (bug fix compilation) has Robert located in Caen. At the start of the campaign (i.e., the first turn), he is basically one step away from going rogue, which may or may not be trying to fall in line with "historical accuracy." However, leaving him in Caen the first turn, and ending the turn, awards him the title of Duke of Normandy, and with that, he comes back under the fold, albeit with low, low, low loyalty. But, if you marry him off the the French Princess who wanders over in turn two, then you can keep the Normandie line alive for at least another generation... unless both Robert and Henry sire all daughters, as seems to be the prevailing trend for most of my English playthroughs of late...

Thanks for the response. You referred to a bug fix compilation. Where do I find this?

edit: found it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13723098

Installed and then I see the changes with Prince Robert in Caen. Lots of other good stuff in the bug fixes as well. Thanks to all who.
    Last edited by NorseThing; October 17, 2017 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    Thanks for the response. You referred to a bug fix compilation. Where do I find this?

edit: found it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13723098

Installed and then I see the changes with Prince Robert in Caen. Lots of other good stuff in the bug fixes as well. Thanks to all who.

Glad you found it. I went for a quick search the other day and couldn't for the life of me remember exactly where I got it from... but yes. It does a lot of small changes to the initial layout at the campaign's start, as well as making the overall experience a lot more stable.

Now with bug fix, I am getting a printed message to the left of the global window (or whatever it is really called) vertical message stating 'error' in red script. Clueless -- I looked to find this in the search of 6.4 error thread.