Thread: Medieval II Broke RTW

Default Medieval II Broke RTW

Hello, I am running a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB with plenty of RAM and Hard drive space with Windows 10. It's almost a brand new machine.
    Here's what happened: I was happily playing Rome Total War on Steam with the latest version of DarthMod installed. Everything was working great. Then I decided hey, you like this game so much, maybe you should try Medieval 2. So I downloaded Medieval 2, also on Steam, and everything went to hell. First off, the first time I tried to run Medieval 2, several windows popped up, something about DirectX, and I assumed this was all fine and dandy, so I installed whatever they said to install so I could start my game. But to no avail, the game continued to crash to desktop and said a "fatal graphics error has occurred". Oh well I said, at least I can still play Rome. But when I tried to start Rome, THAT GAME CRASHED TO DESKTOP TOO, with no error or anything. I did a clean install and tried again, and still the game behaves the same. I know that I am running DirectX 12 after checking in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, and as far as I can tell all the latest drivers are installed. Please help, as now I can't run my favorite game (even the vanilla version), and I want it back even though I already lost my epic campaign most likely.

Any ideas are welcome!!
    Thanks

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Medieval II Broke RTW

Welcome to TWC! Someone will be along to help you shortly.

Thread moved from Medieval II: Total War General Discussion.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval II Broke RTW

Could be the Win10 update that caused it - check here.