Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

Probably, it is possible to find a way to script your concept, one way or the other.
    I do think it would be better to wait for a "master" comment, before going too deep with speculations.

Default Re: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

gah sry, x6 needs a modification
    x6 = ((x0-x1/x0)+(x2-x3/x2)+(x4-x5/x4))*3

Civis

ROME IS IMPOSIBLE TO MAKE PEACE TREATY

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Νοt sure but probably it needs an update since many things changed with Patch 19.

I no longer recommend using this, as the mod has been updated to likely make this incompatible.
    If someone wants to move the functions that I changed from this file to the new version, it would be great and I fully support this submod being taken over by someone else. (Just compare this file to the one from the mod and copy over the functions that are different.) Until then I expect this to be dead, as I do not have time to update it.

Thanks for the interest, but unfortunately I'm no longer active modding or playing the game, so I'm afraid I can't do it.

Thank you for this mod. It was awesome.

If I had more time and more modding experience, I would totally take it over. Alas....

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    I no longer recommend using this, as the mod has been updated to likely make this incompatible.
    If someone wants to move the functions that I changed from this file to the new version, it would be great and I fully support this submod being taken over by someone else. (Just compare this file to the one from the mod and copy over the functions that are different.) Until then I expect this to be dead, as I do not have time to update it.

Thanks for the interest, but unfortunately I'm no longer active modding or playing the game, so I'm afraid I can't do it.
    No problem. I hope everything will work out for you buddy.

It seems I have some time next week and I am very interested in trying to update this script. I have some experience with PFM, but have yet to attempt a script editing session. Does anyone know if there is anything specific that I must do to make this compatible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Patrician

first things to do

- export claagent's campaign script with pfm
    - open lua file with some program like firefox
    - copy and paste into notepad++

- export latest dei campaign script with pfm

- in first note++ delete everything that is not claagent script
    - copy and paste that part into latest dei campaign scipt that you exported before and have in note++
    - copy and paste into latest dei campaign script file in pfm
    - add claagent's callback at the end of the script

should work, maybe some factions have changed name so they need to be updated
    try this before everything else and check if game works and dei scripts works (anyone, like changing capitals or check icons into faction panel, or check any garrisoned army if there is an icon that describes garrison stance)

if it doesn't work, I'll help, but I really don't have time lately to mod phisically anything that requires more than 5 mins

there is a way to make claagent's an external script. i'll tell you later how to. really simple but you'll need to edit another script too
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; July 11, 2018 at 03:13 AM.

Thank you, Jake! I appreciate it greatly. I got some time off next week and will get to it.

I might hold off until the Ancestral update storm passes over as well.
    Last edited by asher237; July 12, 2018 at 10:43 PM.

Patrician

yeah, take your time, it's the better way.
    feel free to ask anything.
    update shouldn't interfere with anything btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    yeah, take your time, it's the better way.
    feel free to ask anything.
    update shouldn't interfere with anything btw.
    I'll give it a go, tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again, Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by asher237 View Post
    I'll give it a go, tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again, Jake.
    Feel free to bother Jake for anything you need. You have our permission.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Feel free to bother Jake for anything you need. You have our permission.
    I don't want him to get fired from his RL job haha! I am giving it a go now. If it functions, I am down to share it. Just trying to work my way around the scripting functions. I do not want to break any base DEI scripts because I NEED them.

first things to do

- export claagent's campaign script with pfm

- export latest dei campaign script with pfm

- in first note++ delete everything that is not claagent script
    - copy and paste that part into latest dei campaign scipt that you exported before and have in note++
    - copy and paste into latest dei campaign script file in pfm
    - add claagent's callback at the end of the script

should work, maybe some factions have changed name so they need to be updated
    try this before everything else and check if game works and dei scripts works (anyone, like changing capitals or check icons into faction panel, or check any garrisoned army if there is an icon that describes garrison stance)

if it doesn't work, I'll help, but I really don't have time lately to mod phisically anything that requires more than 5 mins

there is a way to make claagent's an external script. i'll tell you later how to. really simple but you'll need to edit another script too

Jake, I humbly ask for help. Only if you have time, of course. I believe this endeavor is beyond my meager skills. I shall keep at it, but I am a bit adrift.

Patrician

sorry asher but what is described above it's a simple thing that anyone that uses a computer is able to do.
    where is the part that your skills can't cover? The one where you open and export files, or the one where you copy and paste?
    don't wanna be rude, asher, really, but what is described above is not modding, is simply using programs and basic commands.
    Concentrate and do trials, or, please, be more specific on what part keep you far from doing this.
    Or wait for me to have will to do that one of these evenings.

also consider that this submod is on an aplha stage. Idea is cool but the way it has been written it's not so balanced and playable, imo
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; July 16, 2018 at 03:47 AM.

sorry asher but what is described above it's a simple thing that anyone that uses a computer is able to do.
    where is the part that your skills can't cover? The one where you open and export files, or the one where you copy and paste?
    don't wanna be rude, asher, really, but what is described above is not modding, is simply using programs and basic commands.
    Concentrate and do trials, or, please, be more specific on what part keep you far from doing this.
    Or wait for me to have will to do that one of these evenings.

also consider that this submod is on an aplha stage. Idea is cool but the way it has been written it's not so balanced and playable, imo
    No problem at all!

What I should delete in the files is what confused me. I deleted whatever already appeared in the DEI base files and copy/pasted the rest of it into the DEI base script. It didn't work but it's all good! I am sure I will figure it out.

BIG EDIT: I figured it out, Jake! I can turtle my way into the next millennium. Thanks for your patience
    Last edited by asher237; July 16, 2018 at 09:57 PM.

Patrician

happy to hear , so it works? And it doesn't do any harm to normal DeI scripts?
    Plz share pack, so other people interested could test it.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; July 17, 2018 at 05:23 AM.

happy to hear , so it works? And it doesn't do any harm to normal DeI scripts?
    Plz share pack, so other people interested could test it.
    It doesn't seem to interfere with any DeI scripts. I have only been testing it on the IA campaign and there was *no* movement or war after 60 turns. I am going to fiddle a bit more with it tomorrow and see if I can find some sort of balance.

Any place I should upload it specifically? I definitely would like to share, just never have before.

And I may sound like a broken record, here: THANK YOU, Jake!

Quote Originally Posted by asher237 View Post
    It doesn't seem to interfere with any DeI scripts. I have only been testing it on the IA campaign and there was *no* movement or war after 60 turns. I am going to fiddle a bit more with it tomorrow and see if I can find some sort of balance.

Any place I should upload it specifically? I definitely would like to share, just never have before.

And I may sound like a broken record, here: THANK YOU, Jake!
    You can upload it here on the Forums. With any host you find likeable.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast