Thread: Vortex & Domination Campaigns

Default Vortex & Domination Campaigns

Everything I can read has said that CA lets you choose between the Vortex and Domination campaign styles. That is, you can play either or.

However, every time I've played and ignored the Vortex, I'm inevitably drawn back into it via warnings that I'll lose the game unless I fight the Vortex Battle (since Mazdamundi has completed the final ritual, or whatever).

So is it really a choice? Or have people completely avoided the Vortex campaign successfully?

Default Re: Vortex & Domination Campaigns

My advice is to keep playing and see what happens.

But if you are inpatient then read the spoiler:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Whenever someone does the final ritual there is a teleport battle where they have to fight all 3 factions. ....so its very hard for the AI to win this since they are outnumbered 3 to 1

You can ignore it, but is kind of a waste. The vortex forces you to really plan your campaign if you want to be first to initiate the final ritual and complete.

https://imgur.com/gallery/SW7kh/comment/1144950347

Quote Originally Posted by The Peacemaker View Post
    My advice is to keep playing and see what happens.

But if you are inpatient then read the spoiler:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Whenever someone does the final ritual there is a teleport battle where they have to fight all 3 factions. ....so its very hard for the AI to win this since they are outnumbered 3 to 1
    Actually, they buffed the final ritual battle so that the faction you're intervening against has two level 40 lords as well as a bunch of really high end units with tons of experience (1 stack and a half stack), while your allies get basic units and level 15 lords. It's still possible to win, but you really need a good army on your main legendary lord to win it. Definitely alot more challenging than at launch.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Aye, you won't automatically lose by not completing the rituals first, you can play however you want
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman