Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: [HS] Battle for Rome I

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Alright good play so far from everyone. I expect to see some RP from time to time to make the turns more enjoyable *looks at Paladin and Mergor*.

Anthony - http://www.mediafire.com/file/yym391..._Anthony_2.sav

I did see the RP rule had been removed..thus I thought the group didn't require it anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    I did see the RP rule had been removed..thus I thought the group didn't require it anymore?
    That was not a rule just a request

few hours extension needed pls.

KK... I shall do a quick one for the campaign [but I dont think this will be a regular thing , but just to help your request..]

The General , Ramses,[named after that great pharaoh] observed the reports of parthian agression in and around the plains of Sidon, it seems most of there forces mainly consided of the usual eastern infantry but it did contain the the odd unit of the mighty armoured cataphracts which made there mark in the plains of Carrhae. Like most egyptians they tended to see the long view of things.

Firstly there was attacks from the Hittites empire who they meet at the battle of Kadesh [1274 BC], then the endless hordes of Cyrus the great from the great persian empire . There the egyptians had been absorbed by the empire but still maintained there own culture and way of doing things , as if the people had too great a change , then there was rebellion and Egypt was to valuable a state to allow that to happen. Then there was raids from the greeks and the macedonians had done what the greeks could not, in destroying the persians. Empires rose and empires fell over the centuries , but the egyptians had remained apart , ruled then from the macedonians with greeks influences. Those influences had remained in the current egyptian state and small greek colonies had developed , as the greeks had always sought the grain , we , the egyptians produced.

Psammetichos of Egypt had supplied, 30,000 medimnoi of grain to alleviate athens suffering [446/445BC]when undersiege by the spartans [peloponnesian war] and this exported grain was much prized as Egypt usually had plenty of surplus. Later , when Rome orginally became a massive city , the number of people could not easily be maintained there with sufficent food , so the "Cura Annonae" [Grain Dole] was born, and Egyptians grain was needed to fill that supply.

This grain was handed out to the poor, and was distributed from the Temple of Ceres, for handouts , but later it became a major political tool for such notable figures as Gaius Gracchus and the more relevant Julius Caesar, who came to help Cleopatra take control from the child pharaoh, and give her the throne of Egypt.

The general shrugged , as his considered the lengthy history of egypt, as other rulers came and went , kingdoms and empires departed and became as but dust of history but mighty egypt still remained intact over the millennium, and long shall it be....

The Egyptian military camp came alive with activity as like most situations , the soldiers were particulary sensitive, to the prospect of war. Chariots were moved hither and thither, swords were sharpen, javelins assembled, and supplies counted as the camp hummed with life.

A runner ran forward in his sandals and dressed in the usual linen tunic and shendyt [kilt] , and gave the general a message about the parthian invasion on the borders of Sidon,which had been battlefields for the other empires of history. He smiled at the opportunity this might present to him to advance in the egyptian court , but realised , he still had much to do. Barking out his orders, to his under commanders , they began to assemble the might of Egypt to meet this new threat from the northeast , and fight them in the battlefield of the ages. Before he departed though, he attended the priests of Montu-Ra , who made a small sacrifice to the war god of the egyptians, as you should never go to war without the gods on your side.

Cleopatra VII lounged on the roman couch, and observed the young Caesarion spar with his trainer in the courtyard below, as a artist was sketching the young rulers likeness for a statue that Cleopatra had commisioned for the city of Alexandria , so all would be able to know , the likeness of the new Pharoah.

After Caeser had been murdered. She had immediately left to return to her throne in egypt, to be safe in her powerbase , as rome was now a dangerous place, where the senate had overlooked her son , as ruler, as they preferred to try and return to republican rule . But the Genie , had been let out of the lamp, and the people of the roman empire , were crying out for leadership, and equally for revenge against the killers of Ceaser, and much could be made of such issues.

Since the fall of Caeser, Cleopatra couldn't really enter the arena of high roman politic's as many senators of the republic looked down on her non-roman status, but equally her position gave much opportunity, as the various factions and roman people of power were maneuvering. Policial capital was there to be gained, and she considered the position of many of the roman leaders that were jockeying for allies in the struggle to come. Ultimately one of rome's forces would not be denied rulership of the empire, as there legions still were the key to victory, but perhaps she would be at there side, with the benefit of Caeser's true heir. If she could produce a victory against the Parthians, there would be many Roman leaders, that would come calling for Egyptian grain and resources , for had not all the great empires of the world , always relied on egyptian support when it mattered most..

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    That was not a rule just a request
    Last edited by paladinbob123; October 19, 2017 at 05:44 PM.

This bloody turn... almost done, need to do one more thing but its too late for me, gotta sleep but will do it asap in ~8-10 hours.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...lNCQ2gwRjRhRzg - Pompey
    Last edited by saleska2; October 20, 2017 at 10:58 AM.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8ku5sx

picsi in the evening because I'm in a very big hurry. In short: Your greed was your demise Celival.

I find it kinda odd that you have 2 excellent pics of taking a simple settlement with overwhelming odds but then have only one pic with no odds and not both flags for Pompey? Doubt you did anything but that doesnt make it less odd

I don't have any time whatsoever this week, and it seems absurd, but because I forgot to take odds pics the first time I did the battle, I just didn't have enough to start the game when uploading the picss later. I'll provide it tomorror for sure, because im not home rn

Reminder sent

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Reminder sent
    Mergor failed to notify me via PM or VM. Will get to this when I can.

Edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbetz3svgi...hia_2.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by HouseStarkFTW; October 23, 2017 at 05:29 PM.

Sidon taken from Egypt with overwhelmingly odds.

http://i63.tinypic.com/149mihw.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/29kz6hc.jpg

Egypt up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/bspro...FR_Egypt_2.sav
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BFR1.jpg  
    Last edited by PeaMan; October 24, 2017 at 09:12 AM.

Egypt settlement taking with overwhelmingly odds

http://i68.tinypic.com/29kz6hc.jpg

Egypt up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/bsproa...FR_Egypt_2.sav

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast