Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [HS] Battle for Rome I (ENDED)

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Default [HS] Battle for Rome I (ENDED)

Battle for Rome I
    (using Battle-for-Rome submod created by Hannibal2001)
    Based on the work done by Samar

Rome has fallen in civil war. In the West the nephew of great general Caesar, Octavian has declared all of his opponents outlaws and has raised his legions to defend Rome. In the East the mighty Anthony, an experienced commander as well as King of Egypt and political man has raised his legions and prepares to attack the dogs of the Senate. In the Italian Islands there's Sextus Pompey, the son of Pompey the Great, who now seeks revenge against the people who killed his family and enstablish the old Senate. At last Marcus Aemilius Lepidus the gouvernour of Africa and Spain sees the oportunity and raises his legions in rebellion to fight for him in urge to take Rome. Only one may survive who shall he be? Who can lead Rome to victory?

Anthony's Rome: saleska2
    Pompey's Rome: DEAD
    Octavian's Rome: Mergor
    Lepidus' Rome: OPEN
    The Parthian Empire: PeaMan
    Ptolemaic Egypt: paladinbob123

ADMIN: Hannibal2001

Map

Backround

Octavians Rome: Shortly before his death, Julius Caesar adopted young Octavian as his son and heir. The Senate expressed little interest in observing the dead dictator’s will, but when Mark Antony’s anger and thirst for power boiled over into a direct attack on Brutus, the Senate took note of Octavian’s popularity with his father’s troops. Fearing a power-play from Marc Antony, they empowered him with the legal authority to intervene.The senate then attempted to put Caesar’s legions into the hands of his very killers, but the soldiers’ loyalty to Octavian dictated events. Their fealty enabled Octavian to press ahead and enact edicts which outlawed his father’s murderers, reward the troops and proclaim himself Consul.This allowed Octavian to start a war against his fathers killers which shortly after ended with the death of both and not long after that Octavian formed a Triumvirate with Marcus Antonius and Marcus Aemilius Lepidus, 2 of his fathers most trusted generals.Now Octavian must rise and fight against his enemies in order to lead Rome to prosperity.

Anthony's Rome: At the time of Caesar’s murder, the prospect of assuming power looked good for Mark Antony. But even after he drove the assassins Brutus and Cassius out of the city, he was forced to toe the line by a senate terrified of another autocratic ruler. With Octavian leeching support from the Caesarian senators, the accomplished general and leader found himself increasingly sidelined.In desperation, he besieged Brutus at Mutina, with the aim of seizing Gaul. Though Antony was defeated and subsequently outlawed by the senate, Lepidus joined him in response to Octavian’s threatened seizure of Rome, and helped stabilise the balance of power. When the three parties met and agreed to govern as the Second Triumvirate, it was Antony who received the lion’s share of territory, and placed in charge of the expedition against Caesar’s assassins.And now Anthony is at war with the people he once called alliance he must win the war not to save himself or his family but Rome itself.

Pompey's Rome: Sextus Pompey’s fortunes made a dramatic about-face after the death of his father’s enemy, Caesar. The Senate, desperate for protection from the power-hungry Caesarean successors, turned to the outcast sheltering in Sicily and placed the Roman navy in his hands. Now that the Senate has been hamstrung by the Second Triumvirate, Pompey remains the final hope for a Republican Rome. Already his navies have swallowed Sardinia and Corsica, disrupted the grain supply to Rome and repelled an invasion.And now Pompey has the chance to strike while the members of the triumvirate ,hungry for power, fight eachother bringing only shame to Rome ,weaking it against her enemies. Pompey’s domains may be small now, but no lands are out of reach for the Son of Neptune himself…

Lepidus' Rome:In Rome, to leave your fortunes in the hands of others is pure folly. This is the lesson which Lepidus learned the hard way. When Caesar was murdered, Lepidus held the position of Magister Equitum, or master of horses, which effectively made him second-in-command of the Republic. In the aftermath, he sided with Antony against Octavian, promising his authority and his troops in exchange for the position of Pontifex Maximus, or high priest. This led to the three generals negotiating the formation of the Second Triumvirate, which established him as one of the three absolute rulers of the republic.In keeping with his status, Lepidus received the second-best allotment of lands after Antony. Satisfied by this, he remained as administrator in Rome while Octavian and Antony set off to defeat the last of Caesar’s murderers. The success of this expedition proved unfavourable to Lepidus, as Octavian and Antony used the prestige they gathered to redistribute control of the republic at his expense.Instead of being rewarded for his loyalty, Lepidus was relegated to the fringe territories of Africa and Hispania by the union he had been instrumental in creating. But his dismissal may well be his foes’ undoing. While his ex-comrades menace each other, Lepidus is able to build his strength in the most fertile province of the republic. Freed now from any notions of loyalty, Lepidus could once again rise to the height of power by waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike…

Ptolemaic Egypt: Ptolemaic Egypt was one of the most impressive cultural and economic powers in the Mediterranean.A general under Alexander, Ptolemy was appointed to govern Egypt after his king’s sudden demise. With Alexander’s empire fragmenting, Ptolemy declared his independence, securing Egypt against his power-grabbing rival generals during the Wars of the Successors (322 – 275BC).Embracing Egyptian religion and customs, the Ptolemies have since made themselves Pharaohs, continuing the long engineering tradition of great temple and monument building. Greek culture and learning are actively encouraged however, and an upper class of Greco-Egyptians has emerged. But things are not always harmonious; with Greek units garrisoned and veterans settling throughout the territory, the privileges of Greek citizens have led to frequent and bloody uprisings by the indigenous people.By combining local customs with the sponsorship of the finest minds in the Hellenistic world, Ptolemy married the grandeur of ancient empire with modern sophistication. However, Egypt’s power has waned since the expansion of the Roman Republic, and her rulers now court Roman support to validate their claims. Cleopatra has exploited this masterfully, ushering in a peace that maximises Egypt’s trade and agricultural might. With the right leader at the helm to marshal these resources, Egypt could even rise beyond the heights of its former supremacy!

The Parthian Empire:A confederation of tribes, Parthia is famed for its horses, nomadic horse-archers and heavy cavalry, the latter developing distinctive bronze or iron scaled armour which covers both horse and rider. For its infantry it relies on ethnic Persian/Iranian hillmen, spear and skirmisher units and sometimes mercenaries, armed and drilled in the Seleucid fashion.Blending Persian, Hellenistic and local cultures, Parthia’s religious practices and philosophies include veneration of both Greek and Iranian Gods, and the practice of Zoroastrianism. Over time, a noble elite has developed, holding key areas of agricultural land upon which the economy is based, while trade via the emerging Silk Road enables its agents to move easily throughout the ancient world.As an Eastern faction, Parthia profits from the rich heritage established by the Persian Empire both in its capacity for trade and in its cultural strength. A degree of tolerance for foreign cultures further eases Parthian conquest of new lands, but their Zoroastrian practices mean an aversion to slavery, which is detrimental to both the economy and to public order. In battle, their great marksmanship and mastery of cavalry makes them a force to be reckoned with when fighting on open ground.

General Rules
    1). PM the next player that it is their turn. You have 24 hours to play each turn before skip/sub.
    2). No excessive reloading to insure victories.
    3). NO DIPLOMACY BETWEEN ROMAN FACTIONS. Any sign of diplomacy between roman factions will be punished with the removal from the hotseat. Diplomacy includes:
    Sharing army positions
    Agreements etc.
    4). NO ONE TURN PEACE.
    5). CROSSING THE LINE ON THE MAP. Nobody may enter these regions during the entirety of the Hotseat.
    6). 3 strike rule when it comes to a player being late. If your late 3 times with no warning, word or reason then you'll be replaced.
    7). 3 forts per region/player and forts need to have a garrison of at least 5 units.
    6 forts max per faction.
    8). No bug abuse! When you think someone has used a bug report it here and the admin will look into it. If in doubt, just ask us.
    9). No sailing from a blockaded port without defeating the blockading ships, it is illegal to burn down ports in order to get around this rule.
    10).Armies must not end a turn be hidden in ships inside of ports. This is because that army would be unreachable.
    It is illegal to hide armies inside the Black Sea or the Red Sea.
    11). No sallying forth in a siege if the outcome is a defeat. This counts towards all sieges including forts.
    12). Heroic victories are 100% banned and illegal. If you get a heroic victory repeatedly, contact an Admin and we may allow it.
    13). Post pictures of battle odds, involved armies, their banners and the results. It is advised to hide everything else, especially the mini map and your finances.
    14). Settlements gifted should disband all units save one. No gifting regions in a war zone (bordering faction at war with, or under threat).
    15). Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Parthia defeats an Anthony army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies standing in defenses, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' is allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort even if defeated by 'b'. Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this

16). NO WATCHTOWERS. You may place them during your turn to get a better view, but you must reload after placing them.
    17). NOT ALLOWED TO DESTROY WONDERS.
    18). Ballistas cannot assault stone walls.
    19). Expeditions/Invasions are not allowed.

Agents
    -A spy can enter a settlement if it has at least 60%. It's allowed to only open gates if the ammount of troops that is inside the settlement/fort has less than 5 units inside(total number of men must equal 5 full units)
    -Assasins may only kill other agents if they have a chance higher of 50 %. Not allowed to kill anything else other than agents.
    -Merchants can seize other merchants only if they have a chance higher than 50%.

Captured Characters
    -Generals and Diplomats may be captured by a hostile faction if caught and surrounded inside enemy lands. They can either be sold in slavery and or ransomed.
    Money from selling a gen/diplo in slavery varies from their stats.PM an admin to capture.
    -NO MOVING/USING CAPTIVES. Certain characters are captives and have been placed out of bounds. These are out of your control.
    - Players can claim the spoils of war(ancillaries like swords, armour etc) after killing/capturing generals. PM an admin to claim it.

Arena fights and Personal Guards
    - Arena fights can organised only by the admin. In these fights every player can choose to take part in by bringing a gladiator or a general.
    -Each faction has the right to own 2 gladiators. A gladiator can be bought for the sum of 1000 denarii.
    - Characters fighting in the arena can suffer minor to serious wounds that can affect stats. After a number of turns the wound will dissapear. WARNING! Acumulating a number of serious wounds will result in the death of the character.
    - Players can also bet money in these fights as much as they like. The prize for winning an Arena Fight is 3000 denarii.
    -Personal guards can be appointed by a player if he pays the sum of 2000. After being appointed as a personal guard the character receives all the ancillaries the guards have.
    - You can have a maximum of 4 personal guards. (Pretorian Guards for Roman factions, Parthian Royal Guards for Parthia and Pharaoh's Guards for Egypt)
    -Personal Guards can be sent to participate in Arena Fights.

Last edited by Hannibal2001; February 28, 2018 at 01:53 PM.

Default Re: [HS] Battle for Rome I

Well I'd love to play here, count me in if possible, dont really care what faction

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Pompey's Rome please.

The rules are not final and are open for debate. I will also change the strat file to add/remove some things. Until then the people who reserved spots need to post here or their spots will be given to other people

ah that has to be a must ...as a RTW player ..count me in a place if one available

Should allow Excessive reloading imo, spending more time on a turn should be rewarded, the only exception should be for naval AR imo as thats the only AR thats broken.

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

If newbloods are allowed I'll take any faction. If it's already full, if someone leaves, consider me as a replacement

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

I can take the Parthian Empire if that's ok, +rep for the invite!

If others arent gonna choose yet, I'd prefer Ptolemaic Egypt but dont mind what faction

Well all the spots are filled then. I will edit the OP with the spots and the updated rules today when I return. The hotseat will probably start tomorrow.

Anything whats left for me then
    Last edited by CelivalTheGreat; October 11, 2017 at 11:07 AM.

Players list updated. I tried to honor everyones preferences and make the hotseat somewhat balanced. I'll start the hotseat tomorrow morning.

Haha, I knew I'd get anthony good thing I already made a plan lol

well at least our faction is ok for grain do we need to
    download the original sub-mode ancient conquest as well? or just the download link provided[battle for romev1.0] ?
    Last edited by paladinbob123; October 12, 2017 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    well at least our faction is ok for grain do we need to
    download the original sub-mode ancient conquest as well? or just the download link provided[battle for romev1.0] ?
    Download only from the link provided in the OP. Have some files to edit the save should be up in a few hours.

kk thax

Before we start everyone must download this again. I made some minor changes to the factions that will make the game run smoother. - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ijnw4u...Rome_v.0.1.rar
    Rules have also been updated so read them before doing your save.

Good luck guys! Anthony is up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/3gburx...Anthony_1c.sav
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; October 13, 2017 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Link changed

Apologies for the small delay, 1st turn is always the hardest :3

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...mMwSTk5WlZQLU0 - Pompey

Extension granted to Mergor

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast