Thread: Epirus campaign. Can it be salvaged?

Default Epirus campaign. Can it be salvaged?

Greetings, i'm running an Epirus campaign and at turn 51 it crashes.
    I followed the steps of the AI and it always crashes at that damn Galatian province, i forgot the name of the town.
    I bet you my 2 cents that it is because of that galatian invasion.

Uploaded the log.Attachment 348820

I also bet there is nothing to do about it but at least the devs will fix it for future.
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Epirus campaign. Can it be salvaged?

You need to change the logging method back to trace, and generate a new log. There's not enough detail in that one besides telling us there is a crash at the end.

What version are you playing?

Greetings Quintus,
    I'm playing the 2.2r version.

Here is what i have in the EBII cfg

[log]
    to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt
    #level = * trace
    level = * error

What should i add/delete?

Btw, did you ask me of the version because 2.3 is out already?

No, I asked to check you weren't playing an older version.

Move the # from the first line to the second, then re-run the game to generate the bigger log. Once you've posted that, you can move the hashtag back to where it was.

Done.
    This is interesting to me, i think that i was right with the crash triggered by the galatioi invasion.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nope, the last thing that was happening was that the script was trying to give the Nabatu money for raiding. Then there was a big gap and crash:

Code:
    17:24:17.449 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 20744 in mods/ebii/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:24:17.449 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <General_PoorlySupplied_DevastatesTile> fired
    17:24:17.771 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    That formulation of the raiding/devastation script doesn't work properly, but it shouldn't have crashed the game.

Excellent! It was worth a shot
    The crash happens as a rebel noble from Ankyra is trying to get out of the city.
    I just had another crash playing the makedonians, as greeks siege Athens when i want to fight the battle it crashes.
    Quite depressing, not my day clearly

Sometimes I'll make saves every winter or every few winters, and rolling back to one of those will get me past the turn that crashes reliably because circumstances work out a little differently.