Thread: Campaign Submod by Hanesydd

Default Campaign Submod by Hanesydd

Here is version of 1.1 (author Hanesydd)

Strategic map features:

- civil and military infrastructure has been created in settlements
    - Fortresses added
    - Settlements levels have been reworked: USA and Confederation have three large cities both, many small ones, one main fortress and few forts. Mexico and Canada have one large city (capital) and one fortress
    - Provinces have recources according to the history California - gold, Mexico - silver, Canada - forest etc.)
    - North and South differ significantly due to the different recources, located on theirs territories
    - Victory conditions have been changed: in campaign you need to capture important enemy cities
    - Family trees have been removed

Recruitment features:

- Infantry is recruited in two ways: militia and hunters - in the city barracks, regular infantry - in fortresses
    - Each barrack level in the city provides few types of infantrymen, which are limited
    - в военном найме каждый уровень развития казармы или конюшни даёт несколько видов войск, количество которых возрастает от уровня здания
    - militia and usual regilar infantry requires one turn to be recruited, additional infantry regiments and melee cavalry - two turns, elite infantry, marksmen\hunters, ranged cavalry and general unit - three turns
    - in high level stables general unit can be recruited
    - Fleet can be recruited
    - you can hire priests in the temples

Download link

How to install: Download all parts, put scw folder into the mods folder of your Kingdoms.

Default Re: Campaign Submod by Hanesydd

WOW that sounds interesting. Is 1.1. standalone or is it a patch?

Thank you

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Can you post some pictures?
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    WOW that sounds interesting. Is 1.1. standalone or is it a patch?

Thank you
    Standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Can you post some pictures?
    Nothing special there so far.
    Last edited by lekseus; October 26, 2017 at 02:26 AM.

it looks interesting. Have someone tested it? is it good?

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

The campaign is great, though there are lots of vanilla units all around. The addition of Canada and Mexico is also awesome, though their rosters are quite lacking (no artillery or cavalry basically), and I think there's a model issue with the Mexican guerrillas. Also model issues for the Union bodyguard (because they share the bodyguard unit with Mexico as well). However, the addition of Spain to the southern part of the map could have also been amazing (there's Cuba and other parts of Latin America that are just rebel villages instead). But that's just my hopes. The recruitment system is great. However, some faction leader bodyguard units are vanilla bodyguard units (Lincoln and such). That's a small detail, but still. I like replacing religion with culture, but there's still some text file editing that could be done to make that more convincing (like changing description of churches and calling religion "culture").

Custom battles don't work whatsoever. The Canadian and Mexican rosters have English and French units, and it crashes everytime you click "next" to start a battle. I mean I guess this is centered on campaign, but still. I only know what the Canadian and Mexican units look like because of the campaign battles.

So in the end, the thing to improve this would be fixing custom battles, adding more units to Canada and Mexico, changing some banners (they appear to be French and English), changing the accents (to possibly the standard voice for England in vanilla to Canada, the Union, and the Confederacy, and add "Southern European" to Mexico), fix certain unit models (Union bodyguard, Mexican guerrilas unit, etc). And my hopes, though this is quite far-fetched, would be to add native factions and Spain to the map and custom battles. That would make this mod fully fleshed out in the end, but first I guess the things would be to fix the previous stuff I've mentioned.

Thank's. Another question: are the campaign stable or have frequent bug or crash?

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by mastro.92 View Post
    Thank's. Another question: are the campaign stable or have frequent bug or crash?
    The campaign worked very well for me. No bugs or crashes that I had ran into. Overall, it's a great mod for campaign in terms of how it's set up for recruitment and building. I just wish some aspects of units and factions were fixed in the end, as well as custom battle.

it need secession civil war1.0 for playing?

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

it need secession civil war1.0 for playing?
    No, this is standalone. Just extract the downloaded file to your medieval 2/mods folder.

i have to dowload all 5 files( part01,part02 etc) and exctrat each of them in medieval/mod folder right?

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

i have to dowload all 5 files( part01,part02 etc) and exctrat each of them in medieval/mod folder right?
    For me I got it to work by just extracting part 1. It automatically extracts the rest of them as long as you have them all downloaded already.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Would love to see this finished! I know there's evidently no word on an update, but it would be lovley to see!

Version 1.2
    Author rustik4009

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7j13y38wiq0kjuy/scw.rar

- A lot of events, descriptions and photos have been added.
    - Playable tactical and custom battles.
    - Bug fixes

Note: the mod is still underdeveloped, it was planned to create new units for Mexico and Canada, as well as adding a two new faction: French expeditionary force for the French invasion of Mexico and Indian Territory (units from "Lakota mod").
    It was also planned to add music to the mod from the game Shattered Union, as well as music from Craig Duncan's albums "North & South".

Unfortunately, the developers now do not have enough time and energy to continue their work. If someone wants to do it - go ahead!

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Nice! If I had the time in real life and the energy to learn beyond just basic text editing for Medieval II, I'd totally continue this because it's really cool! Thank you though! I'll try and spread the word!

Also the whole mod in 1.2 is all in a foreign language (it doesn't look to have the Latin alphabet, IDK what language it is though). This is okay I guess because at least custom battles work now!