View Poll Results: What is your favourite faction?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Empire

8 33.33%
  • Aldmeri Dominion

3 12.50%
  • Kingdom of Valenwood

3 12.50%
  • Clan of Forebears

0 0%
  • Clan of Crowns

1 4.17%
  • Kingdim of Daggerfall

6 25.00%
  • Kingdom of Wayrest

2 8.33%
  • Kingdom of Orsinium

1 4.17%
  • High Kingdom of Skyrim

4 16.67%
  • Great House Dagoth

3 12.50%
  • Great House Redoran

2 8.33%
  • Great House Hlaalu

3 12.50%
  • Great House Telvanni

1 4.17%
  • Great House Dres

3 12.50%
  • Tribunal Temple

1 4.17%
  • Tribes of Ashlanders

3 12.50%
  • Tribes of Black Marsh

4 16.67%
  • Kingdom of Pelletine

0 0%
  • Kingdom of Anequina

1 4.17%
  • Hordes of Oblivion

1 4.17%
  • The Undead

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Your favourite faction - POLL

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Your favourite faction - POLL

Which faction(s) do you enjoy playing the most? Feel free to make suggestions about how to improve the current factions, which new factions you would like to see added, or just share your experience with these factions.

Default Re: POLL - Your favourite faction

Voted, Crowns are the best

(maybe a scripted Daggerfall Covenant later on?), just an idea...

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Wayrest for me they have a relative tough position in some scenario's but they seem very balanced at the start with a very developed settlements but surrounded by factions relatively being in a strong capable position with limited expansion but not an easy one. Overall Wayrest to me is one of the more balanced factions I would say Daggerfall but they are an easier faction and can easily take settlements close to them that are very important such as Sentinel.

Valenwood, Orsinium, Ashlanders. I do love an underdog. I do kind of wish the Orcs had a more balanced roster though.
    I also enjoy House Dres a fair bit, put those smug lizards in their place.

Default Re: Your favourite faction - POLL

Black Marsh are by far my favorite .... but I do have an inclination for the Dunmer Great Houses

Quote Originally Posted by Tasunke View Post
    Black Marsh are by far my favorite .... but I do have an inclination for the Dunmer Great Houses
    Haha, I know why you love the Great Houses, outlanda! xD

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Y'all n'wahs need ALMSIVI
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Great House Indoril has been a lot of fun, trying to hold Morrowind together while in the early game, distracted with raiding and managing population and eventually advancing on House Dagoth. I don't think anyone else gets such a fun and urgent start.

Great House Redoran has been fun for the same reasons, as there's lots of things to do and several places to expand, and wiping House Dagoth off the map is always gratifying. However, being a neighbor to and getting declared war on by the comparative superpower that is Skyrim does get tedious, especially when they refuse a peace treaty even after losing over twenty consecutive full stacks. I've really enjoyed Redoran's focus on heavy infantry (they've got some amazing models) and crossbowmen, though adding some mages would be great for their roster's diversity. The Redoran style of settlements as shown in Blacklight and Silgrad are also relatively hard to defend, despite being fortresses/cities, though I understand if this is intentional for lore reasons. In addition, this may be just me but Silt Striders don't seem worth it for any Morrowind faction. They're expensive, slow and don't seem to cause any damage in combat even when rear charging an occupied unit, while dying off and/or rampaging fairly quickly. I get that they're based on War Elephants but they seem to lack the particular unit's strengths, while inheriting their weaknesses.

When I was helping Redoran defend from Skyrim, I ended up needing to move on and take Windhelm and Winterhold for the same reasons you state. Skyrim was distracted fighting in Hammerfell, so they eventually sued for peace after I'd raided the entire northern coast and let that fall back to them. Sometimes the AI needs to feel like they're on the winning side, even if it's just retaking junk. I paid them off something like ten thousand (Solitude sacked for forty). Money or tribute (reparations!) are often a viable factor in getting a faction to give peace. Windhelm is a very easy city to hold because of its bridge, and Skyrim never went to war with me after that, preferring to expand elsewhere.

I couldn't agree more about the Silt Striders, and I think all factions Morrowind factions (really, all factions period) should have mages. For Morrowind, we've got this dialogue: "Any magic not Temple magic is thought a bit funny, at best, and black and evil at worst. All the houses have their mages, of course," to back that right up.

Silt Striders are so slow, and tire so easily, it's hard to imagine this is one of the major ways that goods are transported throughout Morrowind, fast as ships while carrying huge loads. They should be at least mounting archers up there, and Silt Strider ports should increase trade. They're not really appealing to build for the purpose of a big "cause fear" thing or to disturb enemy lines alone, at least not in many cities as presented in Morrowind.
    Last edited by skelior; October 30, 2017 at 02:44 AM.