Thread: The One Truth - A Otomo Narrative Role-Playing Campaign

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Default The One Truth - A Otomo Narrative Role-Playing Campaign

Premiere of the first Narrative Role-Playing campaign, created by The Wise Coffin. Much work as been put for the story to faithfully represent the time period and to convey the cultural difference by making the characters speaking their native languages, or the modern day equivalent. This first NRPC is played with Shogun 2 Realism +, a mod for Shogun 2 with the Otomo clan. Start watching this new type of Total War storytelling!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: The One Truth - A Otomo Narrative Role-Playing Campaign

Very nice, its a creative way of doing it.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

You know, this is an AAR (as well as being a video). So it could be posted in the Writers' Study in addition to being posted here. You could - if you wanted to - either post a copy there, or start a thread with a link to this one. (The Shogun 2 AARs are in this sub-forum.)

I'm not going to claim that posting in the Writers' Study will get you a huge number of extra viewers, but it might get you some!

well done, a creative way
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

After the Gaijin Trouble in Buzen province, Otomo Yoshishige wishes to pardon the Nanban sailors. To do that he must take a risky move to repay the harm they have done. This, unfortunately will bring unexpected events.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Mori Motonari, one of the most influential warlords of the 16th century japan, has glared upon the wars in northern Kyushu; intending on expanding to the west. While in Tsukushi province a titanic showdown is taking place between the Ito Otomo alliance, against the Shoni clan, in what culminated in the Siege of Fukuoka.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

After the Pyrrhic victory of Fukuoka the Otomo use the rest of the upcoming years to rebuild their army, while several other events occur near them. One is the massive Ikko Ikki revolts in the Chugoku region that are sparked from Mori Motonari's conquests. The other is the sudden behaviour of the Shimazu clan, that is bulstering their forces, ready to make an attack in Kyushu.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

The Portuguese begin to encroach into the orient, with desires to establish bases in japan for turther trade with other asian nations. Meanwhile the combined forces of the Otomo/Ito Alliance begin to march upon the last province of the Shoni clan, that backed up by several clans, decides to hold against a siege for a final stance.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

The Shimazu begin their attack. Breaking their truce with the Ito clan, Shimazu Takahisa marches his army with the intention of capturing Hyuga and Bungo province; becoming the most influental warlord of Kyushu. Yoshiaki gathers the remnants of his forces for an epic clash at the castle of Fu'nai.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Season 2 of The One Truth begins, and we start with a big one. Shimazu Takahisa reform his armies to siege Fu'nai castle once again. Being the new Head of the clan, Otomo Yoshishige quickly sails to Bungo Province to command the defence against the Shimazu.