Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

How do I paste entire rows into a table? I select the blank row and when I press paste I get an error that says "only select the blank row when pasting rows". This is exactly what I'm doing.

EDIT: It works only if the "Show All Columns" is checked. Go figure.
    Last edited by hwfanatic; March 30, 2022 at 08:41 PM.

I'm trying to launch PackFileManager.exe (I'm using 5.2.4) on my Ubuntu 22.04 using mono runtime. At first I was able to launch it and got to main menu, clicking "cancel" for every game when it proposed to choose installation directories. But afterwards I played a bit with the options in the menu, closed the application, and wasn't able to launch it ever since. It produces a "game directory not found" error now and doesn't start. I tried removing downloaded folder, unpacking and launching it again. I also tried purging mono-runtime and mono-complete and reinstalling them. Nothing helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ilia_r_s View Post
    I'm trying to launch PackFileManager.exe (I'm using 5.2.4) on my Ubuntu 22.04 using mono runtime. At first I was able to launch it and got to main menu, clicking "cancel" for every game when it proposed to choose installation directories. But afterwards I played a bit with the options in the menu, closed the application, and wasn't able to launch it ever since. It produces a "game directory not found" error now and doesn't start. I tried removing downloaded folder, unpacking and launching it again. I also tried purging mono-runtime and mono-complete and reinstalling them. Nothing helps.

Upd: I got it working using Wine. However, if anybody was able to launch it using Mono, please share your experience, just because.

Hi. I wanna use the codes of PFM in my project, but I can't find any licenses. What I want to make is TW Unit Editor, easy tool to change units' stats, and of course, it will be not commercial. Can I use the source codes?

I'm trying to launch PackFileManager.exe (I'm using 5.2.4) on my Ubuntu 22.04 using mono runtime. At first I was able to launch it and got to main menu, ... closed the application, and wasn't able to launch it ever since. It produces a "game directory not found" error now and doesn't start. I tried removing downloaded folder, unpacking and launching it again. I also tried purging mono-runtime and mono-complete and reinstalling them. Nothing helps.
    Upd: I got it working using Wine. However, if anybody was able to launch it using Mono, please share your experience, just because.
    I'm glad you got it working. I don't have a Linux machine to test on right now, but if you were still having trouble, the first 3 things I would have suggested checking would be:
    1. The correctness of the game directories saved in .\gamedirs.txt
    2. Just deleting .\gamedirs.txt to force PFM to re-make it.
    3. The settings saved in the Linux equivalent of %LocalAppData%\PackFileManager\

Quote Originally Posted by kst9602 View Post
    Hi. I wanna use the codes of PFM in my project, but I can't find any licenses. What I want to make is TW Unit Editor, easy tool to change units' stats, and of course, it will be not commercial. Can I use the source codes?
    I took a quick look around since I seem to remember this question being asked before, but couldn't find our last response. Looking at PFM's Help->About prompt, it looks like my predecessors set us up under the Simple Public License 2.0. I believe that prompt is also our most collected list of credit for work that ours is derived from.

I am having a hard time getting started with this tool, I feel as though I must be missing something obvious. Basically I am trying to make some changes to garrisons in Rome 2 and using another mod that does the same as a baseline. I created my pack and added the db tables from the other mod using "files > add > from pack" and then when I go to rename those tables and make my changes, it all works fine until I try to save, at which point they are deleted. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I could use some guidance here as I can't seem to figure out what I am doing incorrectly. Thank you!

Ok, some basic questions to figure out what you're doing:
    1. Is the name of your tables/folders green, red, grey, or black? Green names indicate they have a rename pending to be saved; red names indicate the table/folder has a change pending to be saved; grey names indicate the table/folder is slated for deletion; black names indicate they are unmodified.
    2. Are you using the Save or Save As command? Are you saving over another file accidentally?
    3. What folder are you saving to? Some folders, such as Program Files, require that you be running in Administrator mode to save to them.
    4. Have you tried saving after each step you take to see which step causes the loss of your actions? That could help narrow down where your problem is happening.
    5. Are you renaming your tables or the folders they're in? If you rename the folders, the files won't work; if you don't rename your tables they will replace the contents of any identically named tables from other pack files.

does anyone know a fix for my packs I create in MMS not having a dp?

I create them with Tweak and BOB like most people.

Hello guys,

can someone help me please ? I can't import TSV file back to ntw3_unit_stats_land (NTW3 mod). I have extracted it from here, edited it with excel but I can't get it back. I keep getting error message IMPORT FAILED: INPUT STRING WAS NOT IN CORRECT FORMAT.

When I add TSV file manualy to pack the game is not starting. Thank you for any advice.