Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Quote Originally Posted by Rivoli75 View Post
    I have a question for you. The characters like manfred, vlad or arkhan, have in their variantmeshes only 2 or 3 models : 1 or 2 for their weapons, and 1 for their whole body. Do you know a mean to dissociate a part of their body?
    I haven't worked on modding unit models before so I couldn't answer you. Since this isn't directly related to PFM, you might have better luck getting an answer if you create a new thread in the appropriate forum or asking in one of the TW modding discord servers.

Okay. I will try to do that. Thanks you

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

@Genreless

startpos.esf files are in: data/campaigns/main_warhammer

I've moded into startpos.esf: campaign_startpos/compressed_data/campaign_env/campaign_model/world/region_manager/regions_array

I've added there regions for reginal recruitment. Empire is able to recruit in regions own local units.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

EditSF 1.2.1 and PFM 5.1.3 are out now.  They incorporate a hotfix provided by IMRZ to allow for the reading of esf files with the latest Warhammer 2 patch's changes.  As a quick patch I can't guarantee that the new data types  added to esf files were assigned the correct data types, but they appear to be allowing the esf files to be opened reliably now.  If you notice any remaining problems with reading esf files after this patch, we welcome any information that can help us improve the accuracy of our esf parsing.

Do you experience any Red X errors when trying to use the Decode tool, I would like to help in the decoding but when I get to a table which requires a bit more effort, if I input something it does like, let's say two false booleans in a row it then crashes and I have to start over.

There are a few parts of the decode tool that are unstable (like anything involving bytes), but I haven't seen it raise an error in a long time. What exactly are you doing to cause it to raise errors? Also which tables are you trying to decode? I thought I had decoded all the tables with contents except for some of the "models_*" tables and two Napoleon/Empire tables for which I haven't taken the time to compare the in-game effects against the column names. If you want me to try to decode a table I missed, I can go back and confirm any that I may have missed if you tell me their names. If you want to help with decoding tables in the future, I haven't confirmed if any of our staff will be picking up Three Kingdoms near launch, but more people contributing to those schemas would be gladly welcomed when Three Kingdoms comes out.

Hey,

i get huge Memory Leaks and my Pc doesnt respond for Minutes anymore, when closing PFM, after a bigger pack File.

Everything else works fine on the Computer and there are no Ram Errors, even prime95 ram blend Test, full overused, doesnt cause anything.

I also tested it on various Hdd and Ssd, with all the same, reproduceable Problem.

Note, that it only happens, AFTER closing the PFM or opening another File, after opening a bigger one.
    The bigger the pack File, the longer too wait.
    I then cant even open the Task-Manager, only laggy Mouse Movement occurs.

Opening the big Files with for Example the other rpfm works fine.

Btw. im on Windows 10.

Did anyone else had ever such a Problem?

That's the first I'm hearing of a memory leak in PFM. How exactly are you causing it? Which files do you use to cause it? How much memory is being used (and by what) in your typical memory leak scenario? I can see PFM potentially loading a lot of data into memory since it keeps the files from expanded folders in memory, but a quick test had me opening a lot of db folders just to hit 400MB, which isn't close to the amount necessary to slow a computer down (note: I performed this test using Warhammer 2's data.pack, which is more than 4GB in size).

Again, how do you cause the memory leak? How much memory (approximately) is being used when it occurs? Do you have to switch between a lot of files in the pack file to make it noticeable or does it happen from just opening the pack file?

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    EditSF 1.2.1 and PFM 5.1.3 are out now.  They incorporate a hotfix provided by IMRZ to allow for the reading of esf files with the latest Warhammer 2 patch's changes.  As a quick patch I can't guarantee that the new data types  added to esf files were assigned the correct data types, but they appear to be allowing the esf files to be opened reliably now.  If you notice any remaining problems with reading esf files after this patch, we welcome any information that can help us improve the accuracy of our esf parsing.
    Thank you so much!

Great work
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    I start it, i open a File - it can be thousands of those big pack Files or just one, doesnt matter.
    But when i close the Programme, it hangs.
    And yes, it closes really, as shown in the Task Manager immediately.
    After opening a File it shows only around 35-63 mb of ram used.

In that case I don't know what is causing it. For something to hang from a memory leak it typically needs to surpass 2GB of ram used. Anything using under 1GB shouldn't be having performance problems from memory use. Since I also can't reproduce the hang-on-close, the most I can do is add a note that PFM can hang-on-close to my list of things to look at as I clean up the back-end code.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by minos123 View Post
    I start it, i open a File - it can be thousands of those big pack Files or just one, doesnt matter.
    But when i close the Programme, it hangs.
    And yes, it closes really, as shown in the Task Manager immediately.
    After opening a File it shows only around 35-63 mb of ram used.
    You can try two things.

1. Check how much free diskspace there is left on C:\
    2. How large is the swapfile, but also check if Windows controls the swapfile or not

Why I mention Windows has control over the swapfile has to do what Microsoft recommends people to use and letting Windows controls it often creates more fragmented files than it's necessary.

Which I learned a long time ago such recommendations can be ignored, instead I always make sure the file size for the swapfile is the largest it can be and that's 4096 Mb (4 Gb) for all partitions I have on my computer.

Changing the file size to 4096 Mb on C:\ might help.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I finally fixed it!

The Solution for me is setting the PackFileManager.exe into Compability Mode for Windows 8 and ticking all the other Compability Settings, too, even the ones with dpi Settings.

So i guess theres a Problem with the Windows 10 Installation i have with PFM...

Anyway, might be helpful if someone else encounters this.

Thx for the Help, Guys!

I'm starting work on support for Three Kingdoms in Pack File Manager. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to confirm any members of the PFM team who own a copy of the game yet, so I'll be reliant on the community for the information necessary to implement support in PFM.

Un-obtained necessary information for initial Three Kingdoms support:
    1. The header version of the pack files. This is a four-byte ascii string found at the start of each pack file. If it is still "PFH4" or "PFH5" that's sufficient information for me to know. If the number has increased, I will need copies of a few pack files in order to determine how the header format has changed.
    2. The location of the script folder: This is typically located in "C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\%The game's name%". We only need to know the spelling/capitalization used by CA for the folder name indicated by %The game's name%. I believe this particular information is a bit of legacy support used back in the days of Empire/Napoleon when it was necessary to manually add mods to the script files in that folder to get them to load, but I prefer to maintain support even if few people use it.

Preferred information for Three Kingdoms support:
    1. A copy of the "maxVersions_TW3K.xml" file that will be generated automatically the first time Three Kingdoms is selected in PFM by someone with Three Kingdoms installed once initial support is added. This tells PFM what schema versions each table is meant to use for a game when creating tables from scratch. It's not strictly necessary since PFM can auto-generate it but I prefer to have all the schema files included in the schemas rather than requiring everyone to generate them themselves and go through those popups.

Other than those three things, I think I have all the information needed to implement support. The only caveat is that I can't provide schema updates myself since I don't have a copy of the game files yet. If anyone wants to help provide schema updates for the community, I have written a tutorial on decoding table schemas, which is linked in my signature, and they can be submitted to the schema support thread, which is also linked in my signature.

Thanks to anyone who helps contribute to getting Three Kingdoms support in PFM!
    Last edited by Genreless; May 24, 2019 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Marking off things that have been provided

Thanks to the community I have received enough information to release a preliminary release of PFM 5.2.0, which is out now. I anticipate the rest of the updates to complete Three Kingdoms's support will come through schema updates. Since I don't have a copy of the game I can't verify everything is bug-free, but everything I have been told indicates that the logic Three Kingdoms uses is identical to Warhammer 2's logic. I would appreciate it if the community reported any bugs they might find and contributed the "maxVersions_TW3K.xml" that is still missing so the schemas can be completed. I would also appreciate any community contributions to decoding Three Kingdoms' table schemas.
    Last edited by Genreless; May 24, 2019 at 03:45 AM.

Hey, I'm trying to edit another person's mod to my own liking and I'm trying to delete a few database directories in PFM. Problem is, the program won't let me delete anything at all. This is not CA data.

PFM doesn't actually delete the directories until you save again. Before you save they are only marked for deletion and turn red or faded grey. If you actually can't edit the mod there are two things I can think of. First, the mod file might be read only or in a folder you don't have write permission for. Second, the mod creator may have formatted their mod unusually and hit the conditions for it to be recognized as a CA pack file. If the second is the case, you can turn off CA pack files being read-only in PFM's options menu. I hope this helps. If it doesn't work, you can forward me a copy of the mod file so I can check if I can edit it myself.

Any news if EditSF will be updated for this game, I would love to try and make each character able to have 8 or 10 retinue capacity each. Kind of like what was possible with the 40 stack edit in other titles using EditSF.