Thread: SS 6.4 Can't Find Kingdoms

Default SS 6.4 Can't Find Kingdoms

Hello all,

I hope I am posting this correctly, but here is my issue. I am running Medieval 2 from Steam on Windows 10 and recently got SS 6.3 to work after about a week of trying to get a mod that wasn't broken in some way. Needless to say, I was ecstatic. I played it for about 2 days before hitting a CTD on turn 51. Looked it up, common problem, so I followed the instructions and ran the 6.4 patch. Tried running it and got the 'can't locate kingdoms' error. Deleted all SS files, redownloaded, and tried again. Same error. Also, I did make a copy of Medieval 2.exe and renamed it Kingdoms. This worked with no problems for 6.3 but not 6.4 cannot locate it. Someone please help me, I am not good at modding so please use layman's terms and step by step instructions as much as possible. I was so happy to have the game modded where I wanted and now I'm stuck with the broken vanilla copy again. Thanks in advance!

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: SS 6.4 Can't Find Kingdoms

You might want to look at this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...SS-6-3-and-6-4

By upgrading to 6.4 will not fix your bust game at Turn 51, you will need to restart.

You might want to consider installing SS outside of Programs Files as well

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: SS 6.4 Can't Find Kingdoms

The direct solution (it's part of the installation tut) for 'can't find kingdoms.exe' is this tutorial: Creating a World - Starting Steam mods the easy way