Thread: Adding Mount to Legendary Lord

Default Adding Mount to Legendary Lord

I want to give Tyrion an imperial griffon mount instead of Malhandir. Can anyone help me figure out which tables need to be modified?

I've replaced the skill so that when bought it adds the mount and the mount shows up in battle.

I haven't been able to make the mount appear on the campaign map or animate properly. Its wings are goofy and Tyrion projects from its chest.

This is what I have so far: https://imgur.com/a/y5iHw. I know I'll need to do text files, too.

Thanks in advance!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Adding Mount to Legendary Lord

I was one of the three original modders of the Warhammer 1 mod, but I stopped work on it ages ago so I can't help you all that much.

You're missing cdir_military_generator_unit_qualities_tables, character_skill_node_links_tables and all the text files however.

I THINK The first table is to do with the likelihood of the AI selecting that unit when you want it to choose a random army in custom battles, so it might not be required.
    If I remember correctly, the second table is to do with how the mount is chosen in the campaign when you level up, you need to have them linked eg level 1 - mount 1, level 5 - mount 2, level 15 - mount 3 ect ect.

The main problem is animations. It all depends on whether Tyrion has an imperial griffon compatible animation set. I assume the imperial griffon is an Empire mount? Therefore it'll probably be compatible with a human skeleton rather than an elf.
    If I remember correctly, some animations are also tied to specific factions, so you might need to fiddle with that as well (I've got no idea how, but I know its possible).

Good luck though, good to see the mod being revived.

Thanks so much for your helpful reply. Your mod was my inspiration (unsurprisingly enough)!

You were right, the problem was that the empire's animations don't work for the high elves. I'd incorrectly assumed that they'd share a skeleton.

For the moment, I've changed tack and decided to give Tyrion a star dragon. It's working well: https://imgur.com/3wVxPwK.

Hello there. These mods are great! Thanks for all your works.

I've been trying to copy the Wurrzag mod so that I can get flying mounts available for Bretonian wizards (I may need to change some spells too because of, "can't cast while flying", but that's for another mod) - so they don't get left alone on the ground when all your other units are flying.

After ironing out a million typos and inconsistencies, I've got the game to actually load without crashing. Instead, it crashes on it's way to the campaign map at the moment, when the bar is at ~a quarter.

Could you kindly tell me whether or not you happened to encounter a similar experience in the development of your mods, please?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

It was over 2 years ago, I can't remember how I did it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    It was over 2 years ago, I can't remember how I did it anymore.
    Thanks for replying, anyway