Thread: Sebidee Mods at Launch (6 mods)

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default Sebidee Mods at Launch (6 mods)

Hi guys,

The Warhammer 2 workshop is now officially live and I have 6 new mods already on the workshop.

Check them out!

My Warhammer 2 workshop

Sebidee's Realistic Flight

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Workshop Link

Have you ever thought flying units were a little lackluster in Warhammer? They aren't much use because of how slow they are and often they look as if they are going to fall out of the sky (there's no way a ten ton dragon would stay in the air going at walking pace). Well with this mod I've tried to jazz it up a bit.

This mod increases the speed and acceleration of flying units to make their flight seem smoother and more realistic, it also looks a lot better and makes them more useful (and dangerous) in combat.It also reduces turning speed so that units no longer revolve in mid flight and instead have to turn in a long arc as they would in real life. It affects all flying units in the game from both New and Old World factions.

Sebidee's Unit Resize

Workshop Link

This mod overhauls the size of units in what I feel is a realistic, lore-friendly and simply good looking way! It affects almost every unit in the game from both Old and New World factions.

The mod does 5 main things:

1) It significantly increases the height variation between each individual soldier in a unit, similar to how it was in Total War: Attila. It goes without saying that in real life there are short people and there are tall people and this is true in the Warhammer world too. The size variation is not obvious but it does help to make the entire unit seem more varied and not like a regiment of clones.

2) It generally increases the size of units belonging to the Lizardmen, Greenskins, Chaos and Beastmen in a lore friendly way. In the lore Saurus Warriors are said to be much larger than a man and are bred as perfect killing machines, so they are a little more bulky. Orcs increase in size whenever they win a fight so higher tier units such as Big 'Uns and Black Orcs are visibly larger than mere Orc Boyz (who themselves are slightly larger than vanilla). Chaos warriors (and Beastmen) are blessed by the Chaos gods and are magically increased in size in order to wreak havoc on the Old World, again higher tier units are more blessed so Chaos Warriors are larger than Marauders and Chosen are larger still.

3) It makes Elf, human and dwarf heroes and generals equal in size to regular troops. Personally I always found it strange that ordinary people, without magic or specially biology, are giants. I found it even stranger that some so called "dwarfs" were actually taller than most humans! I find that having them be a normal size is much more realistic and has no effect on gameplay.

4) Similarly, generals and heroes of the Greenskins, Chaos and Beastmen factions have been made larger. An Orc Warboss wins the most fights in his army and should be huge, and a Chaos Champion should be the most blessed by the Chaos gods. Some legendary lords such as Archaon, The Lord of Change and Grimgor Ironhide are now monstrous in size, which I think fits their reputation.

5) Lastly, this mod slightly increases the size of large monsters in the game including, but not limited to Kroxigars, Carnisaurs, Stegadon, Eagles, Hydra, Dragons, Rat Ogres, Trolls, Giants, Crypt Horrors, Minotaurs, Arachnarok Spiders, Chaos Spawn and Terrorgheists. No particular reason why, I just think massive monsters are more terrifying and therefore better.

This mod includes all units and characters in the game. Units are also not any stronger than they were before (the changes are visual only).

Sebidee's No Great Power Penalty

Workshop Link

I've never been a fan of the great power penalty in Total War games. In my opinion it restricts you unnessecarily and makes the game frustrating. When you have a certain amount of settlements later in your campaign the penalty can be so great that you can't really engage in diplomacy with anyone, which effectively blocks off an important aspect of the game.

Players shouldn't be locked out of one a game's most important featues just because of an annoying mechanic, and that's why I made this small and simple mod which drastically improves gameplay. There is now NO PENALTY for being a great power meaning that you can engage in diplomacy and form alliances and trade agreements with more factions at any time in your campaign.

Sebidee's Reduced Tower Range

Workshop Link

In vanilla the range of towers is 450 metres, often this means that their field of fire will stretch beyond the limits of the map. You can't run, you can't hide, you can't really even use your artillery so the only thing you can do is rush the walls like an idiot! This mod fixes that.

This mod sets the range of towers to 185 metres, which is just less than the distance between the walls and your deployment zone. This means that your units are safe when the battle starts and you won't have to make any suicidal attacks. It also means that you can change the position of your units and order your artillery to fire on the walls from safety. Overall it makes siege battles more tactical and allows you (and of course allows the AI) to be more tactical in your approach to the battle.

However, the range of 185 is still significant and is greater than the range of any archer unit, so ranged infantry will not be able to fire on the walls without risking themselves. Towers can still be powerful, but they are not as overpowered as the vanilla game.

Sebidee's Two Points Per Level Lords/Heroes (two mods)

Lords Link
    Heroes Link

These two mods give you 2 perk points when your lords/heroes level up.

Thanks guys!

- Sebidee
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Default Re: Sebidee Mods at Launch (6 mods)

Can you post .packs link please?

Default Re: Sebidee Mods at Launch (6 mods)

These are all fantastic.

Thanks
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux