Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Empire Campaign

Decanus

Default Re: Mortal Empire Campaign

I'm fairly confident, given CA's track record, that Mortal Empires will be a car crash upon release. No harm in waiting for a sale, patches and extra FLC to flesh out the game.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

What makes you say that? I've been playing Warhammer 2 from release and it's been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    According to streamers and early access builds the Mortal Empires won´t feature things from latest WH1 Norsca patch...so not only whole improved Norsca with 2 LL but even reworked skill trees and RoR regiments for some factions. We will have to wait for next patch :/
    Yep, they announced this a while back. CA were working on Mortal Empires and Norsca as two separate projects and the Norsca patch wasn't finished enough to be included in the first release of ME

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Actually I´m not so sad about Norsca. And skill trees should be little different from WH1 anyway but missing RoR is little hit for me. I wanted to try Wood Elves as first of Old World races...so i´m going back to Dawi
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Yeah, will definitely be playing a New World race, probably either Skaven or Lizardmen while waiting for patch then Greenskins, Empire, Norsca.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I wont even start ME until I can finish my Malekith Legendary vortex campaign.

It will be ready to play on 26th Oct '17 @ GMT +8:00

Right now it does not make much sense to play a race from the old world, because they are not redone. While the New World races are balanced to have lvl 40 heroes, Karl Franz still has the same Skilltree as in the first game which is a lot smaller that for example that of Tyrion. And i am not sure, but does the enviroment in the old world looks still like in the first game while the new world is much prettier?

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Right now it does not make much sense to play a race from the old world, because they are not redone. While the New World races are balanced to have lvl 40 heroes, Karl Franz still has the same Skilltree as in the first game which is a lot smaller that for example that of Tyrion. And i am not sure, but does the enviroment in the old world looks still like in the first game while the new world is much prettier?
    I don't know about the environment, the cities are all visually redone, and the environment is definitely different. Check out the vampire counts area for an example of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    I started play with Warhammer 2(Got a new PC so could now run the game) so I never saw the skill trees of warhammer 1 until this recent sale.
    I thought the warhammer 2 skill trees were decent. Same with the post battle options for captives. .....I go play warhammer 1 and um, The skills are pretty bad. The post battle options are pretty bad too. ....although its hard to compete with dark elves option to replenish AND enslave. So I won't be too harsh. lol.

I'm having fun. Tried Empire a couple of times on regular warhammer 1 and got beat. Tried it once in mortal empires and got farther, probably gonna lose still but it feels more balanced.

Pċsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Empire is a bit weird in that the game encurages you to "unite the empire" by confederation and millitary alliances, which is something you really should not be doing from a strategic standpoint. Geting involved with the other Empire factions ususally just means getting dragged into a lot of uneccesary wars, overexstension of your terretory, reliability tanking due to the retarded way diplomacy works and being the first victim of Norsca and Chaos. The sensible way of playing is refusing to deal any empire provinces anything more than a trade agreement, using them as buffer states between you and the northeast and going after Marienburg and Bretonnian lands for a much safer base terretory.

However now that you have high elves right outside bretonnia that might not be as viable anymore.
    Last edited by Pċsan; October 28, 2017 at 02:16 AM.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    What makes you say that? I've been playing Warhammer 2 from release and it's been good.

Ten years of Total War experience make me say that. And judging from the reaction on the forums here and the official site, looks like I was right.

Does anyone know if they will update the old races? It rally sucks to play the empire when their lords now are able to reach lvl 40 but they still have the skills opted for lvl 30 while the new races have a lot more options in the skilltree. The most serious skill the old races lack is immortality though. That kind of was a nice feature.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Yep, they're going to be updated. Couldn't tell you when though. I think it's to do with the different development cycles that they were working on. Hopefully they'll sort it out for the next patch and include all the changes from the Foundation Update.

I was lurking in Assembly Kit,PFM and found some hints maybe, this time looking for settlements with high number of building slots (minor 4, major 8, while race usual capitols have 10 and WE 12 for being lazy hippies ). My idea is, any new additions will be probably added into both campaigns as making most of it. Therefore looking for overlapping things might be useful.....

In Vortex:
    10-slots - WE Oren´s Camp
    - Lothern, Naggarond, Hexoatl, Itza,
    - Khemri

In Mortal Empires:
    12-slots - 4x WE settlements
    10-slots - Altdorf, Castle Drakenhof, Karak-A-Karak, Black Crag, Corounne, Miragliano,
    - Lothern, Naggarond, Hexoatl, Itza
    - Skavenblight, Hell Pit
    - Khemri, Lahmia

1) Looks like Tomb Kings are real thing. Khemri - Settra is hit in both campaigns, Lahmia - Nefarata
    2) Oren´s Camp is probably just another lazy hippie town to support WE AI
    3) Itza is hinting another LL - Lord Kroak
    4) Skavens....skavens are starting in ME far away any big Skaven "town" ....so i think we will see two more LLs starting near these big cities. Hell Pit - Clan Moulder - Throt the Unclean / Skweel Gnawtooth, Skavenblight - Clan Skyre - Ikit Claw ...possibly Grey Seers - Thanquol but he is in the same boat like Gotrek and Felix...
    5) Miragliano - Tilea???? This is interesting as Tilea is non playable right now while fielding empire units. What about mercenary armies DLC for Vortex ..improving New World Colonies and Tilea at the same time?

ME hotfix incomming https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal...te-patch-notes

Chaos invasion changes:
    Start at war with multiple factions
    Should start later on
    High Elves and Lizardmen now join the other notionally ‘good’ or ‘orderly’ factions (ie Empire, Dwarfs and Bretonnia) in gaining the Shield of Civilisation trait

Other bug fixes:

Campaign Multiplayer: players armies will no longer be auto-assigned the ‘release captives’ option post-battle when choosing a different option

Multiple updates to Chinese localisation

Character porthole lighting issues addressed

Fixed crash that sometime happened when loading campaign saves

Fix for certain game saves being marked as ‘unable to load’

Missing goldmine building has been returned to Mount Gunbad

Settlement garrisons in Lahmia and Khemri are no longer missing

Morathi and Malekith no longer contribute to corruption types other than their own when present in corrupted regions owned by other factions
    Campaign multiplayer: players no longer gets Game Aborted message after Chaos Invasion cinematic
    Fix for error informing players they need to purchase Warhammer II to player mortal Empires, when they own part 2 but not part 1
    Campaign multiplayer: game will not now lock up when one player loses a co-op or H2H campaign

Black graphical artifacts will no longer appear over the vortex in the Low graphics preset

Found and fixed a front end memory leak

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Can you control all the subfactions? I think many factions are united by 1 Culture/Nation. If you are Empire, do you start out with 1 city state or you control them all? I wouldn't like inter-acting with sub faction cities, I would rather control them all.

Start with one city or a couple regions at most for all start positions. There is a confederation mechanic where other factions of the same racial group can join you but it is actually quite difficult to use that more than once or twice per campaign- you'll be conquering far more than uniting via confederation.

Reprisal update for ME is out https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal...al-update-beta

Already wrote all details in another thread.. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15450042

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Having started three campaigns in the Vortex campaign and now one in Mortal Empires, this really is how Total Warhammer should be played. I really enjoyed the divesity in the Vortex campaign itself, but this really takes it to the next level. I honestly don't see myself playing either the Old World campaign or the Vortex campaign anymore after this, it's Mortal Empires forever now baby.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I hope the recent beta-update is not everything they plan to do with the oldworld lords. So Karl Franz got 5 new skills which can be expanded in to 9. The non-legendary lords got the immortal skill. That is still not even close to the potential of the new world lords. So it is still useless to have a lvl 40 old world lord while having the old skilltrees. With the old world lords you just end up having all skills in those tiny skill trees while for the new world lords you really have a choice how to play their lords. Together with the tiny amount of diffrent faces for my lords it lets me care even less for my lords. Except Attila, i had since Shogun 2 rarely a general i really cared for and that continues in Warhammer except the LL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast