Thread: Longer Battles- Double Armor, "All +20" and Stonger def all +20, +MoreAmmo + Optional Dragon scale Mod

Default Longer Battles- Double Armor, "All +20" and Stonger def all +20, +MoreAmmo + Optional Dragon scale Mod

Battles take a good deal longer. -Could be easily amplified to take even longer- just tweak armor values higher- or unit def's

time to sit back, and enjoy the carnage. (Ish) -- long enough to go make a cup of tea and come back find only 20% battle gone by if a line fight. - adds about 5-8 Mins to a battle on average. but if you use a moral mod- could further amplify it.

(Side note forgot to mention this mod also, gives 60 ammo, standard to all archer units, 30 to all axe throwers/javelins, and 70 to all gun using tech-)

(Artillery that uses magic or literal rocks, or boulder have inf ammo- as you would just have one lying about) - made little sense to me artillery running out when its magic is all.
    (ie magic projectile weapons are 999 ammo)+ (non magic rocks) as it wouldn't run out . and with longer battles- trust me.. you want it ha - again easily editable out by another modder should you wish to stick with vanilla ammo amounts.

Next mod will be to archers raw killing power. - and deadly archers. to compensate for the def/armor buffs- but again will be optional seperate mod--

(UPDATED)

:ADDED LARGER SCALE DRAGONS, VARIANT. (RUN FOR THE HILLS)

-any issues let me know- should work fine.- works in my game so
    Last edited by Lord Zarmack; October 04, 2017 at 08:05 AM.

Default Re: Longer Battles- Double Armor, "All +20" and Stonger def all +20

After some testing, the changes you've done to war machines and artillery break compatibility with unit size mods. Without this mod the war machine count grows to match the expanded number of men, but with it the war machine count stays at 4. Additionally, you missed the ranged weapon of the Tiranoc Chariots. It only has 20 ammunition, not 60.

EDIT: Ancient Stegadon ammo appears untouched as well.
    Last edited by SpardaSon21; October 04, 2017 at 03:30 AM.

il make those changes -cheers - also- yeah it will, the mod is using unit main as its editing base.

- just a littoral data copy paste, edit upload job-

so it will be incomparable with unit sise mods. - could always make a custom variant with the unit sise changes, but it shouldn't be any work really- for anyone.

:Ancient stegadon, is a blow dart - ive got it marked as using 60 primary, and 60 secondary ammo- (again Ive edited it, so not sure why its not working for you)
    :- (also fixed the rat's artillery not having inf ammo as is magic )
    :"Tiranoc Chariots" has been edited to use 60 ammo-as is archer unit- (dont understand why it was not working for you?)
    https://imgur.com/fBmzK6U <--screenshot of it being edited.

-on another note, how are you finding the battles?- how much longer ? needs more would you say? - i myself like that extra length- but again- its easily tweekable, as for the unit sise mod, just have him edit this file then re-upload the changes easy- and youl have both. -
    Last edited by Lord Zarmack; October 04, 2017 at 04:14 AM.

Okay, that's good to know. Here's hoping you keep at it, since I've been enjoying what's been done so far.

EDIT: From what I can guess then, its because they fire multiple projectiles per shot. A Tiranoc Chariot fires three arrows at once, so its 60/3 equals 20 on the infocard. And an Ancient Stegadon fires 8 blowdarts at once, so its 60/8 for the infocard. Is 60 rounds period your intent, or do you intend for 60 volleys? If so you should normalize firing types for the Dark Elves as well, since they actually have 120 shots the way their weapons are coded. Dark Elf ranged weapons fire two projectiles per ammo consumed, but the weapons I mentioned consume one ammo for each projectile.

As to combat length, its great. Been testing in Custom Battle, but I like it.
    Last edited by SpardaSon21; October 04, 2017 at 04:27 AM.

havent stoped since Medieval total war 1, dont intend to stop now ha. - but aye should add a decent battle length. - ive tried to stay clear from any mod that edits morall, as others are better at balencing that, and making it work than me.

-- i prefer undead/skelleton/chaos to not have moral, ie (never run) and always fight to last man. as to me it makes no sence they would retreat ever.
    -i also prefer faction based moral factors. - ie tactics are far more important - and base morall is 20+ - so units only flee when really out played or outmaneuvered. - again in a real battle, you dont flee if surrounded. you fight to the last man.

(i could easily incorporated more edits, but i kept it separate to minamise conflicts)

We really need to stop the constant edit chaining.

First total war to take into consideration multiple shots at the same time eh? - i can tweak it, but you may end up with insane op units lol. - il let others see what they think and if general consensus to edit it further il do so. - right now i haven't had a chance to test the unit directly- as just woke up, made those changes to this, made this guy a temple unit buff, n gna jump in the shower lol.

Well, the way things stand, your mod actually gives the Tiranoc Chariots and the Ancient Stegadon less ammo than they had before. In the base game a Tiranoc chariot has 50 volleys, and an Ancient Stegadon 10 volleys per blowgun, with each Skink javelineer who is mounted on a dino with 70 ammo. Missile lords also have 40 ammo, so an extra 20 doesn't do much for them. Additionally, that ammo count is per firer, not across the unit, so things like Eagle Claws and Reapers end up carrying around 240 shots total versus the 60 total a single Stegadon carries. Given the storage capacities of things like chariots that already have more ammo than foot or cavalry archers in the base game, I think chariots should be upgraded to 120 volleys. Stegadons to 120 as well, since that's only half of the total number of shots a bolt thrower unit puts out, and 60 volleys is fine for an Ancient Stegadon given that it has two blowguns. I think CA coded the weapons differently so they could introduce a delay between shots, as opposed to the repeater crossbows that fire two shots instantly. A good to way to remember it is shots per volley fires like a machine gun, and projectiles per shot acts like a shotgun.

aye, il tweek them some more, just wana be as lore accurate, but enjoyable as possible.

Oh, then yeah, take your time.

probably gna up hp of dragons n stuff too. feel they die way too fast, n dont really bring fear, but same time dont want them being op as hell in attack. so might just balance it by buffing their hp

Someone else mentioned they die fast to ranged, so I think upping their Missile Resistance is a good place to start. When dragons do get stuck in they actually have pretty decent melee stats, and with your mod excellent armor, so unless they're up against elite halberd units they actually last a while. That being said, the entire point of those units is to provide some defense against monster units like dragons, or when Mortal Empires comes out Demigryphs and Grail Knights, otherwise there's no real defense against them, so be careful how that works.

aye, i think the balence will between, realism, and lore, and gameplay.

ime probably just going to up their defense values, or hp. and just make them tanks. to all but "Heavy" missiles. as no matter how strong their magic, if a Large boly hits a chest, it should do serious damage.
    - best bet is to up their resistance to arrows a tad, but i havent yet tested a full battle on them yet.

ive already upped the def of the lizard units, as they are lituraly plated in bone armor. - but i want dragons to be larger, and more oh -- so thats coming next SCALE

I know what you mean. I was actually going to start up a Last Defenders campaign soon-ish and trample everyone underneath a tide of Sauruses and giant murder-dinos.

well ive buffed the dragons scales, and dragon ogre's, left hydra as is. - i might slightly scale up the dinos, as they arnt really terrifying, but then- they wernt actually that large (larger than ogres or dragons) in the lore/figures

-still should be a nice change

:ADDED LARGER SCALE DRAGONS, AND BUFFED HP, AND MORAL, +DEF VARIANT. (RUN FOR THE HILLS)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LordZar.../?appid=594570
    Last edited by Lord Zarmack; October 04, 2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: -UPDATING MOD