Thread: Real Combat 2.0 (Ultimate Edition)

Default Real Combat 2.0 (Ultimate Edition)

Greetings,

The battlefield section will be completed by end of the day tomorrow. Then I need to update some of the background screens, which are all there, but some are now superfluous. After that, a little on the Early and High era campaigns, which should take a day or two. Finally, some small changes to the treasury costs incurred by nobles/generals in BGRIV, and it is done. Hopefully I can have an installer done by the end of this week.

It will happen!

Subsequent work:
    -some additional late-era models and weapons by jurcek1987, to include (for most Western and Eastern factions) a mounted knight/man-at-arms wielding either a mace or warhammer, a foot version of same, another version armed with a polearm such as a halberd or poleaxe, and one armed with an Estoc (a type of 2H sword without sharp edges and designed for thrusting into the weak points of an enemy's armor). These would be attired in full plate, upgradeable to Italian White/German Gothic/English Greenwich-type armors depending on geographical area. I am not well-versed in armor developments in Russia and Muslim areas so any assistance would be great
    -a 1370 Late Era campaign
    -an additional faction, perhaps Georgia for the Early and High campaigns, and Burgundy for Late

Default Re: Real Combat 2.0 (Ultimate Edition)

Thanks for all of the hard work, Point Blank! I am really looking forward to playing this!
    Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's tribulation: not because any man's troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive from what ills you are free yourself is pleasant - Lucretius

Status: battlefield section complete, working on background screens.

Here is a great video featuring some nice Late Era combat using the old RC that came with SS6.4
    https://youtu.be/k2u0LW7t7dI

You can find plenty more by searching for 'stainless steel online battle' on Youtube.

Also, please take a look at this, I will likely build it in to the release (which already uses SweetFX but this looks fantastic)
    https://youtu.be/LsM9mU9SsIY

Sorry been absent a little, been unwell.

Judeman266's Avatar Ducenarius

Hey PB,

I am glad that you are almost done with RC 2.0. I am awaiting the release with bated breath. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. Speaking of the release, I have just re-uploaded my Historical Battle/Situation Mini Mod. If you think it adds value, you can add it to the release.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ttles-Mini-mod

Definitely, many thanks!

Still not well, looking forward to trying ASAP
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 15, 2017 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Definitely, many thanks!
    Still not well, looking forward to trying ASAP
    Hi PB, I've got a question: how do you plan the compatibility of the RC2.0 with the other (sub)mods. There're many of them: for the Broken Crescent there's Buff and Shine, for the SS there're SSHIP, Titanium, HURB, BftB. How the 2.0 will be playable - only with SS6.4, or maybe somehow different?
    cheers
    JoC

Well, all those mods make some alterations to the combat system, ie the EDU, projectiles files, mounts, walls etc.

To go through those and use all of RC would be a lot of work, because they are all interlinked, and other developers may not agree with how I have implemented and represented some things. However, certainly aspects could be used without a great deal of alteration, such all the altered and new animations - every weapon type now has a customized animation set. By weapon type I mean 1H cutting, 1H thrust, 1H cut and thrust, 2H piercing, mace/warhammer etc, a very large number including altered projectile anims that closely mimic historical rates of fire, new mount anims etc.

I will put up a list of changes, there are many.

As far as working with SS6.4, it uses it as a base but the download will just include the entire directory so it can be used as a standalone, because there are multiple changes to the recruitment system, graphics, new units etc.

Lifthrasir's Avatar Carnival Season is over
    Content Director Citizen Curator

Blog Entries

About animations, have you implemented the bowstring animations for the archers (and its equivalence for the crossbowmen)?
    ... And keep the good job up
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

No, I haven't. I don't mind doing so, but seems the number of models with the bowstring added is limited.

Lifthrasir's Avatar Carnival Season is over
    Content Director Citizen Curator

Blog Entries

Well, the main "problem" is that you'll need to add a bone for the relevant meshes (or use an existing skeleton using that animation already which save a bit of time), update the meshes as well, make textures for the arrow or bolt in place on the weapon and then update accordingly all concerned units in the BMDB. I also found out that some animations have a strange behaviour with it, like the death animation for crossbowmen (I still need to look at it actually). A bit of work as you can see

To answer to your question, with the above and in therory, you can upgrade all missile units (with time and patience)
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader