Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Combat 2.0 (Ultimate Edition)

Default Re: Real Combat 2.0 (Ultimate Edition)

Ok, finally picking up my laptop wiith all the files today, so won't be long
    Working on a message with all the key features.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Great news
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Great news. Very good job Point Blank.
    I would realy love to see 1370 era campaing that you have in mind Point Blank. Maybe I could help you with some models. But have you considered using Titanium or SSHIP as basis, as they are 'evolution' of Stainless Steel.

Lifth, do you plan to incorporate this in SSHIP?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I would realy love to see 1370 era campaing that you have in mind Point Blank
    Seconded.

Update: unfortunately just spent another 2 months or so in hospital with recurring medical issues. On top of that, the laptop on which I had stored some of the new RR, campaign and graphics stuff suffered a catastrophic power surge with literally every single component fried, even the hard drive. I thought surge protectors were supposed to prevent that lol.

However, I just took re-posession of my older gaming rig which contains all the new RC stuff and some of the other, which is allowing me to fine-tune some of the combat and AI aspects too, plus loading a bunch of new unit skins and models, it's looking pretty nice.

So check back now and then; when it is released I will post in in the main SS and Sub-mod forum too. Will also get onto that list of changes.

Yes I would really like to see a 1370 Campaign too, Late Era is my definite favorite where all the new technologies come together and no arm is as dominant over another as before.

In particular, an Italian Wars mini-campaign from the late 15th century onward. It has all the big players and I have an appropriate mini-map.

I confess I have not really looked too much at Titanium or SSHIP; no doubt they are superior in many aspects. Largely because doing the RC stats, and RR values even, is frankly somewhat exhausting.

I would like to add in, especially, some updated economic aspects and depict possible evolution in governmental systems better, as well as put an inflation mechanism into effect such that units vary fluidly in price over time, either up or down depending on rarity etc.
    Last edited by Point Blank; April 29, 2018 at 08:06 PM.

Get healty, modding can wait. I hope you recover fast.

I played every single mod, tons of campaigns... And if u want to go for 1370, i would definetly suggest sship/titanium, depending on your needs. I could get you persmions for lot of high quality units. I see you already comunicated with jurcek, his units are great, brutal quality.
    Can you show me your 1370ad map? And why 1370 ad? Its good date, just want to hear your thoughts.

Are all those animations being already made, just not in stainless steel, or you plan to make them??
    '1H thrusting
    1H cutting
    1H cut-and-thrust
    1H axes
    2H versions of same for swords, polearms, clubs, axes
    1H and 2H percussive weapons such as hammers and maces
    New mount animation sets for mounts classified as Lancers, Chargers or Brawlers
    Updated loading anims for archers such that better quality ones shoot more quickly
    Some re-working of how 'Aggressive' anims work, ie those units are less concerned with unit cohesion and will push forward vigorously - used by Sword and Buckler Men plus other anti-pike units, fanatical units, barbarian infantry etc.''

Hi mate,

All the animations are done and in the game already - the ones I pointed out above a just a sample.

1370 was chosen as a convenient date as it introduces the Timurid invasion, which I have re-worked, as well as a bunch of technology upgrades etc. The new armor upgrade system allows better-quality units, such as Feudals and most bodyguards, to access these armors years ahead of the average fighting man; there is also a stronger emphasis on regional armor centers such as Northern Italy (White Armor), parts of Germany (Gothic and the new Maximilian armor - combine that with some underpadding plus metallurgy upgrades and you are looking at a seriously high armor value), and in England (Greenwich Armor).

Also looking at adding in the Bulgarians via a new mod as seen in the Submods forum.

The only issue I have with adding new units into the mod is the very high workload it takes in RC and RR to do so, though new models and textures would be fine. I think that after doing it for 10+ years I have developed an aversion complex haha, but doing it incrementally via patches would be fine.

Great news. Very good job Point Blank.
    I would realy love to see 1370 era campaing that you have in mind Point Blank. Maybe I could help you with some models. But have you considered using Titanium or SSHIP as basis, as they are 'evolution' of Stainless Steel.

Lifth, do you plan to incorporate this in SSHIP?
    Just completed a series of Late Era custom battles with historically accurate enemies and randomly-chosen units. The AI was given a 20% points bonus and my win/loss ratio was around 50%.
    If you have some decent cav in the earlier eras it is still rather easier; once you win the cav fight you can usually just Hammer-and-Anvil the AI to death. See my other post in this forum about that.

Why include Bulgaria?

No offense to Bulgaria but in 1370 it was in shambles and about to be conquered.

Here is a quick list for your 1370 scenario I just gathered;

1) England
    2) France
    3) Roman Empire
    4) Norway
    5) Sweden
    6) HRE
    7) Castile
    8) Aragon
    9) Portugal
    10) Zayyanids
    11) Maranids
    12) Hafsaids
    13) naples
    14) Papal States
    15) Hungary
    16) Poland
    17) Lithuania
    18) Teutonic Order
    19) Ottomans
    20) Novgorod
    21) Muscowy
    22) Golden Horde
    23) Mamelukes
    24) Jalayrids
    25) Timurids
    26) Georgia
    27) Wallachia
    28) Moldavia
    29) Scotland/Venice/Genoa/etc.
    30) Rebels

I just don't see any room for either Bulgaria or Serbia, heck, even another European faction could be removed in favor of another Middle Eastern one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    Why include Bulgaria?

No offense to Bulgaria but in 1370 it was in shambles and about to be conquered.

Here is a quick list for your 1370 scenario I just gathered;

1) England
    2) France
    3) Roman Empire
    4) Norway
    5) Sweden
    6) HRE
    7) Castile
    8) Aragon
    9) Portugal
    10) Zayyanids
    11) Maranids
    12) Hafsaids
    13) naples
    14) Papal States
    15) Hungary
    16) Poland
    17) Lithuania
    18) Teutonic Order
    19) Ottomans
    20) Novgorod
    21) Muscowy
    22) Golden Horde
    23) Mamelukes
    24) Jalayrids
    25) Timurids
    26) Georgia
    27) Wallachia
    28) Moldavia
    29) Scotland/Venice/Genoa/etc.
    30) Rebels

I just don't see any room for either Bulgaria or Serbia, heck, even another European faction could be removed in favor of another Middle Eastern one.
    That all looks pretty good yes. Once again though, the workload to add in or alter all those factions is verging on prohibitive. Something that comprehensive would have to be a long-term project. In the short term, what *could* be done is a relatively quick faction conversion, something like:
    Mongols->Golden Horde
    Denmark->Sweden
    Kwarzem->Jalayrids

Have already decided on Georgia rather than Bulgaria; was only considering that because an existing mod has just been posted in Submods. Sicily's slot would also be available for another Islamic faction, as you suggest.
    Last edited by Point Blank; April 30, 2018 at 02:25 AM.

O
    Get healty, modding can wait. I hope you recover fast.

I played every single mod, tons of campaigns... And if u want to go for 1370, i would definetly suggest sship/titanium, depending on your needs. I could get you persmions for lot of high quality units. I see you already comunicated with jurcek, his units are great, brutal quality.
    Can you show me your 1370ad map? And why 1370 ad? Its good date, just want to hear your thoughts."
    The units sound great cheers. Also very interested in the Late Era/Renaissance ones you guys imported from the 1648 mod.

Think I will also see if I can get permission to use parts of the Magyar mod and have asked about Northern Crusades.
    Last edited by Point Blank; April 30, 2018 at 02:35 AM.

Check this

THose are just some of the units. Not sure why u want that mod with bulgaria. All those things are already fixed in sship and titanium, and there is even tons more things as bonus. I would again, definetly suggest titanium and sship as base for your mod.
    I know what I am talking about.

Well, if you read my posts above, you will see that I have already decided in favor of Georgia. I also said that to port over many of the new units in SSHIP etc would be a huge amount of effort. RR 2.0 has a lot of pretty advanced features too, plus there are a lot of newly included submods and overall balancing/tweaks. As well, I said above that I do not doubt that SSHIP and Titanium do a bunch things better than this mod (and I will be looking into those ) but there are things that I don’t necessarily agree with how they are implemented, and that I think this mod does better.

So, in terms of using them as a base for this mod? Not going to happen - not just because I don’t necessarily want it to, but because it would require a fundamental rebuild from the ground up of something that has been in development for around 10 years, eg throwing out things like BGR, that are very tightly integrated.

Definitely keen on some of those units though.

Okay bro, I respect your decision. What i thought is redoing sship/titanium with your stats for units and recrutment. But i understand that would be too much work, and i respect your decision. Apart from that, do you have some other plans for mod your mod? Like changing UI/campaign map textures, or something like that? Sry if i spam u with question, i just got lot of interest into your work. And Mamlaz posted factions. He made good job. Most of them good, but I would go with some others instead, to make perfect balance. Do you have some map based od 1370?

Actually I was thinking about maybe asking permission to use campaign and battle map textures from EBII, but if you think there are better ones, I am open to any advice. UI the same thing.
    Don’t have a special 1370 campaign map yet. Was looking to initially use the normal map and do the quick ‘faction conversion’ thing I outlined above and implement a proper map with proper factions later.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Actually I was thinking about maybe asking permission to use campaign and battle map textures from EBII, but if you think there are better ones, I am open to any advice. UI the same thing.
    Don’t have a special 1370 campaign map yet. Was looking to initially use the normal map and do the quick ‘faction conversion’ thing I outlined above and implement a proper map with proper factions later.

ThiS Map and BattleMaps for late ERA is The Most Polished as For Now. Medieval 2 Extra Total War
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    ThiS Map and BattleMaps for late ERA is The Most Polished as For Now. Medieval 2 Extra Total War
    do you have working links for the screenshots ?

There's really no benefit to including India and China, at least as part of a historically-accuratish mod. Doing that makes it impossible to reflect the myriad of factions in each area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    do you have working links for the screenshots ?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?647191-Medieval-II-Extra-Total-War-V-1-3&p=15669314&viewfull=1#post15669314
    Last edited by Slaytaninc; November 06, 2018 at 09:47 AM.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    There's really no benefit to including India and China, at least as part of a historically-accuratish mod. Doing that makes it impossible to reflect the myriad of factions in each area.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?647191-Medieval-II-Extra-Total-War-V-1-3&p=15669314&viewfull=1#post15669314
    You Can Represent Most Minor Factons as Rebels Factions and They Can Be Categorized.and The Map Is Fun in Colonization Late Era
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast