Thread: Prebuilt mod-pack with menu selector for Total War: Warhammer II

Icon11 Prebuilt mod-pack with menu selector for Total War: Warhammer II

What exactly is a Prebuilt mod-pack with menu selector for Total War: Warhammer II
    • It's a menu driven selector made as a plain BAT file that totally "by-passes" the mod manager in the launcher!
    • It can run unlimited multi-mod setups that can be activated/disabled by just two key-presses.

Why do you include other users mods?
    Most mods for Warhammer 1 and 2 are simple database edits. For sure, some edit's are very time-consuming to do, and I do give credit to the original authors even if I re-made their database edits. But there is a reason why "other users" mods need to be included: - The game engine has variable soft cap (depends a bit on memory/system) for the amount of mods that can be run, and the only way to by-pass this restriction is to merge mods. This is something the normal end-user can't do, period! As more mods come out, more end-users will reach the mod cap and the only solution is that I'll merge the most popular mods and build lots of "setups" that can be run from the BAT menu.

Instructions

1. Download SCRIPTS and DATA
    2. Unpack "MODS - Unpack directly in SCRIPTS.rar" in C:\Users\<Your ID>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\scripts
    3. You should now see a folder called MODS, enter it and make a shortcut of MODS.BAT to the desktop. Make sure it's a shortcut, not a copy!
    4. Unpack "DATA - Unpack directly in DATA.rar" in the Total War - WARHAMMER II\data folder. Depending on if you use the "Steam" or the "GOG" version your game might be installed in different folders. It's important that all files are unpacked directly in the data folder i.e. make sure you don't make a sub-folder. Steam folder is at: My Computer>LOCAL DRIVE>STEAM LIBRARY>STEAM APPS>COMMON>TOTAL WAR WARHAMMER II>DATA and the GOG version is often LOCAL DRIVE>Games>Total War - WARHAMMER II>data
    5. Start the menu with MODS.BAT on the desktop and select a setting that interest you.
    6. Now start the game!
    7. You can change "setup" anytime before you start the game, but remember what SETUP you have for each savegame to avoid issues down the road.

Side-note: Yes, you can "manually" install/activate the mods too, but then you won't have the flexibility from the BAT menu:
    1. Go To My Computer>LOCAL DRIVE>STEAM LIBRARY>STEAM APPS>COMMON>TOTAL WAR WARHAMMER II>DATA and paste the file(s)
    2. Go to mod manager in the launcher of TOTAL WAR WARHAMMER II and and CHECK "Enable Out of date mods"
    3. Select the mods in mod manager manually

Since it's not many mods out yet for Warhammer 2 the list of options is currently quite small in the Menu selector, but here is what you currently can pick:
    • Play a Faction from: Neutral Roster
    • Play a Faction from: High Elf Roster
    • Play a Faction from: Dark Elf Roster
    • Play a Faction from: Skaven Roster
    • Play a Faction from: Lizardmen Roster
    • Reset - Play Warhammer 2 with no mods (use this for multiplayer)

Play a Faction from: Neutral Roster mods
    mods_[002,222]_rsg_battle_camera.pack - Keys: K = GUI off/on, Alt-K = Cinematic view, N = Zoom (use mouse wheel up/down to zoom in/out), Ins = 360 view
    mods_[003,222]_no_agressive_ai_agents.pack - AI can Embed Heroes and deploy to provinces but cannot initiate aggressive actions against you the player or anyone else. The player can still use hostile agent actions, so you can still complete quests & grudges that require them.
    mods_[003,222]_Agent_Success_Rate_99_percent_AI_99_percent_Fail_Rate.pack - Agent 99 success rate for Player, 99 fail rate for AI
    mods_[004,222]_VeteranTroopBonusMod.pack - Increase the bonus given to veteran troops as they increase in rank
    mods_[005,222]_999_ammo.pack - 999 ammo for all ammo users
    mods_[006,222]_rsg_Better_Skill_Points.pack - increases all the skill points obtained by all generals and heroes
    mods_[007,222]_rsg_Proper_Taxation.pack - Slighty increase the TAX Revenue for all factions AI and the Player
    mods_[008,222]_-50_Percent_Upkeep_Player_Only.pack - Minus 50% Upkeep to all player units. Does not affect AI units
    mods_[009,222]_Income_Boost_All.pack - Small economy boost too all factions (Player and AI) from 2500 to 7300
    mods_[010,222]_Player_Only_Public_Order_Global_10+.pack - Public Order 10+, Player Only (not fully tested)
    mods_[011,222]_Factionwide_Recruitment_Time_Period_1x.pack - Factionwide Recruitment time down to normal level (not fully tested)
    mods_[012,222]_More_Magic_gain_in_the_magic_pool.pack
    mods_[013,222]_Higher_Battle_Morale.pack - Battles last a bit longer

Play a Faction from: High Elf Roster
    Also includes all mods from "Play a Faction from: Neutral Roster mods".
    mods_[101,222]_High_Elves_-_Ambush_in_default_stance.pack

Play a Faction from: Dark Elf Roster
    mods_[102,222]_Dark_Elves_-_Ambush_in_default_stance.pack
    mods_[102,222]_ADarkElfBoonMod.pack - Gives various bonuses to different buildings for the Dark Elves. None of the individual bonuses is all that great, but when you add up everything, your troops are a fair bit stronger.
    mods_[102,222]_DarkElfLoyaltyBonus.pack - Chance to increase the loyalty of Dark Elf characters in the province, as well as an edict

Play a Faction from: Skaven Roster
    mods_[103,222]_SkavenLoyaltyBonus.pack - Chance to increase the loyalty of Skaven characters in the province, as well as an edict
    mods_[103,222]_SkavenFoodIncome.pack - increases Skaven food income

Play a Faction from: Lizardmen Roster
    mods_[104,222]_Lizardmen_-_Ambush_in_default_stance.pack
    mods_[104,222]_More_Spells_for_Mazdamundi.pack - Adds a total of 22+ new skills to the skill tree for Mazdamundi

Credits (please enter their mod sections and give praise/thanks there)

Default Re: Prebuilt mod-pack with menu selector for Total War: Warhammer II

Since I still can't edit my posts I'll write here: The main point of the "Prebuilt mod-pack with menu selector for Total War: Warhammer II" is to offer lots of setups that the user can have fun with. And a key-note in my Warhammer 1 BAT menu was to offer lots setups for each playable race. Because, lets admit it: It's quite a nice feeling to play a "bit overpowered" versus the computer sometimes. Yeah, I noticed very fast when making "shared global mod setups" for Warhammer 1 that the computer became brutal. And yes, down the road I'll also make such setups for people that want to play the "underdog".

How hard would it be to make the dark elf lords be able to get a Carnosaur mount like kroq-gar? This is my dream.

hmm... gave the Dark Elves the ability to spawn undead (as the vampires do) an game crashed the moment the mod loaded in. But giving the Dark Elves a Lizardmen T-rex should technically not be impossible to arrange for a modder willing to dive into the database. I'll take a peek on it and see if it can be done with the current tools.

I'll of course update this mod when I build up enough new mods.

Just checking, have you included any of my mods here? My simple concern is my stuff significantly alters material that is liable to find odd incompatibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFaustus View Post
    Just checking, have you included any of my mods here? My simple concern is my stuff significantly alters material that is liable to find odd incompatibilities.
    Oh dear! Yes, forgive me "mods_[104,222]_More_Spells_for_Mazdamundi.pack - Adds a total of 22+ new skills to the skill tree for Mazdamundi" is your mod!!! It's absolutely amazing!!! Of course I'll put your name + credit on master page once I can edit it myself in 10-12 days hopefully.

This archive is updated slowly and is not meant to overshadow your main mod page at all. My "end-goal" beside the already mentioned with the mod-pack is *compatibility* since very soon when the steam workshop opens up the players will drown in mods that must be manually merged/edited to work together.

As a side-note, I think most PC spell-casters would need your attention, so please show no mercy on the tweaking

the very best regards

Tbh, you will need to include either warnings or compatibility patches. The extra campaign skills require a number of things, notably, I need to overwrite the following files default files. character_skill_nodes_tables. land_units_to_abilities_junctions special_ability_groups_to_units_junctions. The reason for this, is that I take things out of the vanilla setup, notably all references to mazdamundi need to be deleted from these files for my mod to work properly. As I expand this mod to include Malekieth, Teclis, Morathi and the Campaign Slann, they too will need to have their related entries purged from these files, otherwise they will cause weird conflicts.

With all mods currently being posted here I'll not update the mod-pack until the sand in the water settles down. With regard to your mod versus other mods and compatibility, I must say that your mod is *MANDATORY* and I'll disable anything else that conflicts with it. And with even more bosses included you are sure making something legendary here!

Hey! Not working for me :/ Following your instructions i currently have the entirety of the rars extracted in the listed folders (scripts and mods) but when i launch the bat the menu does not appear to be full (lacking the neutral option) and then when selecting one, say the high elves there are no further option displayed to select a faction (if that is the intent) When starting the game after selecting an option nothing appears to have changed.

It will work if you build a custom effect.

is it possible to add new mods myself using this method?

While the mods themselves seem to load, the selection process is broken. We are only able to use the default setup you provide and are unable to select or disable ANY mods via your program.

Going in and manually deleting all undesired mods seems to make NO mods load by your program as well, so I cant see a work around other than by not using your program at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Antey View Post
    is it possible to add new mods myself using this method?
    Very important to me too
    Also, same problem of Aethan