Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Removal

Default Vortex Removal

Is it possible to slow down or remove the vortex campaign by changing the ritual currency or some other way

Leylanee's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Vortex Removal

Quote Originally Posted by XxMogoxX View Post
    Is it possible to slow down or remove the vortex campaign by changing the ritual currency or some other way
    This!

Yes it is possible. There are some 40,000+ files to go through with regards to Total War: Warhammer 2 however. Would need information on various things, like how much of the currency each race needs, and some ways they get them other than events. Do any of the races obtain them from a building? Winning a battle give any for any race? I could maybe make an alteration so that the necessary currency needed is so insane, it would not happen for many thousands of turns.

I've been looking into creating this mod. I can disable the graphical effect of the vortex, but so far I haven't been able to find how to disable the actual game mechanic.

A simple workaround would be to eliminate all sources of ritual currency. There are 3 I've found so far:
    1. Buildings. High Elves get 1 from top-level settlements and a bunch from the special ritual sites. Other races are probably the same, although I haven't played them to find out yet.
    2. Missions. You get a trivial amount from doing missions. This could probably be ignored.
    3. The difficulty level. The AI gets a constant trickle depending on your difficulty. It's 6 per turn on normal and 12 per turn on legendary.

The problem with eliminating the source is that you'd have to edit difficulty files, building files, and maybe even scripted mission files. Then you'd also have the possibility that the AI gets extra if there's other hidden bonuses we're not aware of.

My alternative solution is to try to simply set the ritual currency needed to perform the rituals to an unrealistically high number. However, I haven't been able to find a file that has this option yet.

Agreed.

There should be a way to alter the number of weystones needed for each stage of ritual.

Upping the final stage from 5000 to 100000 would make the vortex victory a very distant goal and make the campaign more a sandbox experience.

Im guessing its a script entry like bret chivalry and chaos invasion in WH1
    Last edited by Dogmeat; October 02, 2017 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Agreed.

There should be a way to alter the number of weystones needed for each stage of ritual.

Upping the final stage from 5000 to 100000 would make the vortex victory a very distant goal and make the campaign more a sandbox experience.

Im guessing its a script entry like bret chivalry and chaos invasion in WH1
    Taking what you said and running with it, I have found a couple scripts that look like they might be what controls the main campaigns various settings. I don't think it is useful for multiple people to be working on this mod though. If someone else has made more progress on the mod, or would like to continue making the mod, I will work on some other mod projects I have piling up. Just let me know.

Hassie still go for it

Most my modding is for personal use in larger overhauls

Just adding some of the little knowledge i have to the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hassie View Post
    Taking what you said and running with it, I have found a couple scripts that look like they might be what controls the main campaigns various settings. I don't think it is useful for multiple people to be working on this mod though. If someone else has made more progress on the mod, or would like to continue making the mod, I will work on some other mod projects I have piling up. Just let me know.
    Where are those scripts located? So far I've rummaged through the db for 3+ hours and nothing seems to work.

Laetus scripts are not in db tables.

Im away from my pc atm but i think there under campaign located above db tsbles.

If u download any wh1 mod with script modification it will show you where

Quote Originally Posted by remanemporor View Post
    Where are those scripts located? So far I've rummaged through the db for 3+ hours and nothing seems to work.
    There is a separate script folder that has all the scripts the game uses. I haven't looked at them yet, but I saw a couple named vortex, and main_campaign_vortex or something similar. I don't know that they would be in there, but it is conceivable. The only DB file I have no been able to open, that could house the correct data, is the Ritual_Tables. It is red for my editor, though it is one of the last 10 or so files that I cannot edit currently. Data_2.Pack I believe is the pack that contains the scripts that I saw, but I can't recall off the top of my head. I have about 5 other mods I am working on right now, but when those are done, I will look deeper into this vortex issue if you guys haven't been able to get something to work by then. So far, it looks very annoying to deal with.

So I was making another mod, and I noticed a couple files that had the main vortex rituals. I don't know that they would create a solution that people want, but I removed the victory condition for the ritual. I don't know that it worked though, and I do not have a save game at a point where I am close to winning with the vortex. If someone else has the vortex win about to occur, and wanted to check to see if this mod works for that, and works without crashing the game when you attempt to win, that would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So I was making another mod, and I noticed a couple files that had the main vortex rituals. I don't know that they would create a solution that people want, but I removed the victory condition for the ritual. I don't know that it worked though, and I do not have a save game at a point where I am close to winning with the vortex. If someone else has the vortex win about to occur, and wanted to check to see if this mod works for that, and works without crashing the game when you attempt to win, that would be appreciated.
    I tried it on a save that was 1 turn from the end and it did nothing. I'm currently trying it on one that is further from the end and when anyone does a ritual the magic beam that is meant to go to the vortex goes to the bottom left of the map ill let you know if there is any more bugs with it

Quote Originally Posted by XxMogoxX View Post
    I tried it on a save that was 1 turn from the end and it did nothing. I'm currently trying it on one that is further from the end and when anyone does a ritual the magic beam that is meant to go to the vortex goes to the bottom left of the map ill let you know if there is any more bugs with it
    Well crap. There are so many different files and effects that reference the vortex. I actually have no idea how the vortex works in game, never gotten to the end vortex ritual. Does the game end immediately when you use the 5k ritual? Does it take some turns for other players to use an interference ritual or whatever they are called? I have found some more vortex references, but I am sorely out of my depth in regards to the vortex, without ever experiencing the actual event that occurs in game.

Well crap. There are so many different files and effects that reference the vortex. I actually have no idea how the vortex works in game, never gotten to the end vortex ritual. Does the game end immediately when you use the 5k ritual? Does it take some turns for other players to use an interference ritual or whatever they are called? I have found some more vortex references, but I am sorely out of my depth in regards to the vortex, without ever experiencing the actual event that occurs in game.
    I'll share what happened to me as Lizardmen:
    hitting the 5k ritual doesn't end the game. You get a last crazy attack on your base by like 10 armies of skaven and a couple of mercenaries from the other factions. Once you're done with them, if I remember right, some cinematic starts then you get a teleport quest that takes you at the foot of the vortex, and you end up in a fight against the other 3 factions, 1v3.

I'm really looking forward to this mod, I wanna explore the damn map!

Ok so the mod I made does have some bugs, but I wondering if anyone that has used it, has tried to use the 5th ritual yet. I tried changing the 5th ritual, so that you shouldn't be able to complete it, as it will think you never completed the previous ritual. I may have done the editing backwards, but other than the weird map centering bug, the best way to remove the vortex ending may to be to not allow any race to actually do the ritual, setting it to ritual 6 and leaving ritual 5 blank.

Here is the updated vortex mod with ONLY the chain broken for completing the final ritual for all 4 main factions. Don't know if it will work, but if anyone wants to try, the other bugs should be removed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Frunk; October 04, 2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Thanks for the efforts Hassie

Finding the different db tables and lines relating to rituals saves a lot of sore eyes on my part

Good luck on your mission to disable the vortex victory altogether

My mission atm is to try and increase the cost for each ritual by some huge amount so that the conquest victory option is more viable. ( il also make that harder with confederation and imperium tweaks)

One line you found in effect bundles, thats something like....

Wh2_main_effect_mpc_ritual_cost = 100

Doubles the ritual cost ie ×100% for coop multiplayer campaigns

So im thinking of creating a similar effect bundle for single player an settting it to 500

If i succeed i post it
    Last edited by Dogmeat; October 05, 2017 at 02:24 AM.

Plz do it soon cant wait! I want to explore the map at my own pace

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Thanks for the efforts Hassie

Finding the different db tables and lines relating to rituals saves a lot of sore eyes on my part

Good luck on your mission to disable the vortex victory altogether

My mission atm is to try and increase the cost for each ritual by some huge amount so that the conquest victory option is more viable. ( il also make that harder with confederation and imperium tweaks)

One line you found in effect bundles, thats something like....

Wh2_main_effect_mpc_ritual_cost = 100

Doubles the ritual cost ie ×100% for coop multiplayer campaigns

So im thinking of creating a similar effect bundle for single player an settting it to 500

If i succeed i post it
    Yah I am still unable to open the Ritual_Tables file as of yet, which may prove to have something that either of us might find very useful. It is one of maybe 10 files the most up to date editor still cannot read for some reason. I have opened it outside the editor, and it has all the vortex rituals listed, but I don't see any values as of yet. I will look forward to your mod when you complete it.

Ok so I completed the game as Lizardmen yesterday, I don't know if this always happens but I conquered the ritual and after that, you get an option to continue your conquest, or just end it there.
    I'm not sure if this happens even when you lose the ritual race, but according to a post from the Steam forums, the Ai is pretty bad at dealing with the last mission, so basically you can just stop them there once they finish their 5 rituals and play at your own pace without worrying too much.

Faceroller that is very interesting thanks..

Ive been so busy tinkering and modding ive got nowhere near the last ritual yet
    Last edited by Dogmeat; October 05, 2017 at 07:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast