Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on TWW2

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Thoughts on TWW2

Actually after some time i have one issue. Trade. For example Teclis having capitol on island is unable to trade with any landlocked faction and for example Avelorn having similar capitol is not being able to trade with rest of Ulthuan. This is old problem from WH1 and slightly inconvenient.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

fight your way to a port.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I'm thinking of adding movement range, maybe between 25%-50%. Anyone have done this?

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I always use force march. only switch to normal mode when I am near enemy stacks. and I have the 25% movement speed mod by dresden
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

notger's Avatar Decanus

I actually LOVE the new installment. Much less diplo-spam and the Vortex-thing is quite ok, though I really hate that they spawn right in your territory, then raze one minor settlement, then proceed to run into your ambushes. I get this thing with the veil between the world being weakened and Chaos being able to jump over, but does it really always conveniently have to be right where the player has no troops? Feels cheesy.

Other than that: Well done, I had a blast as Lizardmen and Dark Elves. And even though I do not like staged battles, I enjoyed the last battle for its option to bombard people w/o respect to winds of magic.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I timed my rituals so I always have armies where needed, and playing Normal allows me to reload if something goes wrong.

Finish my second campaign now where the first as Morathi, I'm the one who comoleted the ritual after I manage to stop other factions 4th or 5th ritual from happening.

For second campaign as Kroq Gar, I was actually the third to finish after DE and HE.

Now playing in Legendary as Malakith.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
    The Vortex mechanic is a huge shaggy dog at best. At worst, it's an active liability for your Campaign. Let's look at it objectively.

1- The benefits aren't really that great, even on VH. Except for possibly the Slann one & the Black Ark one. But even these, aren't really necessary.

2- The amount of time & funds spent on defending the Ritual sites is absurd. In my Teclis campaign, I had 5 armies- chaos & intervention- attacking sites at once & destroying every minor settlement they found. Expansion is almost impossible if you're trying out the Rituals. Simply having armies stomp up & own in your Empire's heartland is irritating enough.
    The first 2 rituals are kinda worth it cause they are easy to defend from. And the benefits like you said are ok-ish. So do the first 2 and beat down some easy armies to get some xp for a new lord.

3- The Player can NEVER compete with the DEs in terms of Rituals. They have few enemies, far too settlements in their continent, & confederate far too easily.
    Well if you are high elves you can use intrigue to make the DE's hate each other. And you can sick your allies on them as well.

In my campaign they confederated with morathi and another. Then a rogue lizard army spawned up, conquered a ton of areas. And my Tironic allies were fighting the dark elves all the time.

In my Tyrion campaign, I haven't performed one ritual yet- & I'm easily the dominant power in the World. DE, Skaven are at 2. Mazdamundi is at 1. But DE are a gutted remnant of what they were; I emptied Ulthuan of troops- since I don't do rituals, there's ZERO danger of having my core cities attacked, & reduced them from 50-odd cities to less than 20 within 40 turns. I allied with Teclis & that Talxa faction to nearly wipe out Skaven in Lustria. Mazdamundi only survives because I generously signed a NA & Trade pact with him after burning most of his cities to the ground.

HE Armies & Fleets rule the World. My two HE allies are taking the fight to the Vampires in the South- Trade from them gets me 3K per turn from each. No one can conduct a ritual unless I willed it. If I'd kept 2-3 armies at home, swatting Chaos & Intervention armies all the time, none of this would've happened. And even if by some miracle, the 4th ritual is performed- my Level 40 Tyrion & his Full stack of Phoenix Guard, Lothern Sea Guard, Dragon Princes, & Dragons would be enough to handle anything.

TL;DR:- The Rituals are meaningless. Rape, Kill, Pillage are still the perfect MO for any Faction.
    Full on conquest has always been kinda easy in total war games. ....which is why they are introducing different ways to win and play. It's more sandbox than it used to be so more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    if you can get all your agents to lvl 30+ or lvl 40, you are nuts. but if max lvl, it should be OP. getting one of my own to lvl 34 was hard enough, I can't imagine getting all my agents to lvl 40. that is just nuts.

@Ichon leave the treasures alone. it is just a side thing players can do. and it is of great help for new players. stop trying to nerf stuff in a single player game. you can choose to not explore them in your own playthroughs and voila, problem solved.
    What bothers me about the Treasures AI is the cannot get them as well. I usually max 2-3 Lords per campaign and 3-4 Heroes since every Lord has 1 Hero gaining XP and when starting Lord and Hero reaches 40 that Hero becomes the map assassin/assaulter etc. For HE with all the income boosting heroes usually have 2-4 extra just sitting on map but rarely make more than 4 otherwise since it is alot of time just to skill up several Heroes per turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    What bothers me about the Treasures AI is the cannot get them as well. I usually max 2-3 Lords per campaign and 3-4 Heroes since every Lord has 1 Hero gaining XP and when starting Lord and Hero reaches 40 that Hero becomes the map assassin/assaulter etc. For HE with all the income boosting heroes usually have 2-4 extra just sitting on map but rarely make more than 4 otherwise since it is alot of time just to skill up several Heroes per turn.
    Well an easy way to level them all up is to put them all in an army and go city sacking. You can also hunt down weaker stacks and pick the 'all units gain +100xp'.
    Heroes are pretty good in battle, especially when you get a mount for them.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I'm really enjoying the High Elves, much more than any of the Warhammer 1 factions. I just wish they had a land-based monster, every other faction in the game does (except Dwarves and Empire).
    I also tried a Mazdamundi campaign, but by turn 80 I was just in too many wars and wasn't make any progress at all.

Mazdamundi is a weird campaign- not particularly hard but also irritating since the Dark Elves are so close but you have to send so many armies south for the first 80 turns to pacify Lustria while defending vs constant Dark Elven attacks. Then nearly all of Naggaroth is inhospitable while DE vs Lizardmen battles seems the most boring matchup in the Vortex campaign. Also I don't particularly find Mazdamundi's spells that great- Krok-Gar has far more fun campaign in my opinion. Can finish off Clan Mors and Tor Elasor then cross into Lustria from the south saving their brethren before culminating in a Vortex victory without having to spend dozens of turns fighting Dark Elves.

Kroq-gar just has an awesome spot alltogether. At the very bottom of the map, the edge pretty much. The only faction under you is an island high elven faction that is very easy to start trade with. Don't really have to worry about your north provinces either, and you can chokepoint the skaven invasions at a central dwarf stronghold. 1-2 fronts entire time. You may have to fight off TONS of skaven hordes for your initial campaign, but it's early game skaven, and early game skaven are awful - especially against lizardmen units.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12