Thread: DX 12 Not working properply On both Warhammer 1 and 2

Default DX 12 Not working properply On both Warhammer 1 and 2

Hello guys i was wondering why my DX 12 isn't working as it should on both 1 and 2
    I have a Geforce gtx 970 By MSI According to Nvidia The DX 12 should supported on this card.
    How come isn't it ingame??

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: DX 12 Not working properply On both Warhammer 1 and 2

When using DX12 what happens exactly? Which is your Windows version? Dxdiag would be helpful.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    When using DX12 what happens exactly? Which is your Windows version? Dxdiag would be helpful.

Thanks for the quick reply here is my Dx DIag Also the issue is that The speed of the game is rediculesly low and takes hours despite meeting the max requirements
    Attached Files Attached Files

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

I hear you sorry if my next answer won't be that quick need some time to find reasons. Please note that a performance degradation with Nvidia and DX12 is normal and you should try using DX11 with the same settings to evaluate if the main problem of perform will be the same.

Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    I hear you sorry if my next answer won't be that quick need some time to find reasons. Please note that a performance degradation with Nvidia and DX12 is normal and you should try using DX11 with the same settings to evaluate if the main problem of perform will be the same.

Thank you again for your time And answers DX 11 Works fine As i Remember But it is likely i am going to wait Before again Due to the other warhammer2 crashes But Thats off topic So Hopefully Ca will fix this So Nvidia Players can use DX 12

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Rohan sorry for the late reply.
    It's known that using DX12 on Warhammer 1 will result on a worse performance than with DX11. I've read about benchmark outside TWC stating the same for WH2. This seems valid for both and Nvidia cards only. Recent
    AMD cards will not be affected.

My TWC pal and technical expert for such things once rumored that this is the case because Nvidia drivers for DX11 are so highly optimized compared to AMD ones, that not the Direct X itself but the lack of optimization for DX11 on AMD and DX12 on the other hand for Nvidia does explain the gaps between the two vendors and DX12.

Imho we cannot prove that to the end but the behavior and results are consistent in other games as well so it is a likely explanation.

This way I can only recommend to use the DX version that offers the best performance instead of hoping DX12 will be a savoir for everything in regards of performance bottlenecks.

I don't want to blame any of the vendors nor Microsoft, but in fact the expectations were big based on Microsoft announcements and understandable noting the single core overhead by design on DX9 to DX11 when Microsoft said DX12 would solve this issue once and for all.

The term "for all" proved to be more being a part of a saying than being meant by word.

Hope this is any helpful for you and others.

In 3dmark there is a simulation that will show benefits of DX12, but this a specific benchmark at all no partly legacy game code as Warhammer is.

Last edited by alQamar; October 12, 2017 at 05:21 PM.