Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Domus Pinarii Rusca

Default Re: Domus Pinarii Rusca

A young olive skinned man glad in light leather arrived with a box for Rusca. It contained 5,000 denarii and a note

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My friend,

Here are the funds promised for the newly announced games and entertainment. I do hope it is sufficient. You are bringing good things to the people of Rome and I am happy to be apart of it.

With honor,
    C. Calvisius Cotta

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

"I shall have it delivered shortly" Pulcher said while he was saying his goodbye's and departed.

-------

4.000 denarii is delivered.

Rusca is invited for supper in the Domus Publica by Metellus Pius.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Blog Entries

A very ugly slave boy brings a message from Gaul.

Salve Rusca,

If you are still of interest. Relations at the borders are deteriorating. My two legions have returned battle hardened and my sons returned decorated. I would be honored if you wished to be part of the defense of the realm.

Appius Claudius Pulcher.
    Pro Consul of Gaul

Blog Entries

Appius Claudius Pulcher, the older came to see the Rusca that had served under him during the Gallic Campaign.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The younger Rusca brother greets his commander with a salute. A habit he picked up on the campaign. "What brings you here today sir?"

Blog Entries

Appius looked around, making sure there was no slave near enough to hear him.
    "I come to speak about Gaul." he said drily. "While I have already seen there is no movement to move on my person by the senate, or anyone for that matter I think it is best we have the same story regarding the conflict."

Rusca's eyes widen in slight suprise.

"As I recall the Gauls began raiding Roman Merchants as they passed thorough the province. Action by the proconsul had to be taken."

Blog Entries

Pulcher gave a smile. "Very good" he said after it.
    Pulcher took the liberty to walk further into the house and take a seat, he was nearing 50 and felt old from time to time. "My son Appius needs to get himself a wife." Pulcher knew this Rusca was not the Paterfamilias but wanted to gauge interest in a marital union.

The younger man sits down across from him, "My youngest sister remains unwed." He says after a moment. "I could speak to my brother in favor of such a union, but you will need to talk to him."

Blog Entries

Pulcher nodded in agreement. "that would be an excellent idea." he concluded.

Rusca sighs "I will when he returns to the Domus I will speak to him, but what of you Pulcher what do you intend to do now you are back in Rome?"

Blog Entries

"I have finally met my granddaughter" Pulcher proudly said, yet it also grieved him that his daughter, the apple to his eye had died delivering her. Not letting Rusca on about this grief he shifted the conversation to a different topic. "I will seek to return to Gallia." he said coldly. "I have grown accustomed to the region and it's peace and quiet." Peace... Pulcher thought about it more deeply as he said the word. All he had done was break the peace, exterminate and entire ethnicity and selling those who remained as slaves. He thought he did the righteous thing however. He believed Roman civilization must spread at all costs.
    "How about yourself Rusca?" Pulcher asked.

Rusca shrugs, "I will find another campaign to march with. I do not seek a place in Rome or the Senate." He found the city rather boring, and he longed for the sea, or the excitement of a march.

Blog Entries

Pulcher listened, but dreamed of a little. "Perhaps joining one of the campaigns against pirates is something for you?"

Rusca shakes his head, "After Gaul pirates seem like a boring fight." He sighs, "I do not know where
    I will go the campaigns seem to be over for now, but I will see."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later Pulcher would return to find the consul Mettius Pinarius Rusca sitting at the table with to glasses of wine and food set out.

"Pulcher please join me." He says nodding to the open seat.

Blog Entries

As Pulcher once more visited the Rusca residence he was already dreading Rome once more. The endless political games and the political violence had grown beyond his own interests. He much preferred to be in his Pro-Consulate, with it's endless beauty and space. Surrounded by his sons who had grown into great generals. No the elder Pulcher would not return to Rome anymore if it was his choosing. Not this life at least.

As he entered the domus he greeted the elder Rusca, wondering if this Rusca liked Pulcher the same as his brother, or their father for that matter. "Salve Rusca" he said coldly whilst taking his seat. The warmth of his voice had left him. Pulcher had grown tired. Not one for chit chat however he came to the point at once. "I suppose your brother has spoken to you?" he inquired whilst taking a grape from the plate of food and took a cup of wine with his other hand.

Rusca nods tiredly the consul had already had a long year. Pius and Messalla were a tiring lot. "I have, tell me Pultcher do you have any ambitions outside of Gaul?" He waits considering the man thoughtfully. The man was a respected general and his brother spoke highly of his time on campaign. But he needed to know more about the man.

Blog Entries

Pulcher frowned, had this Rusca forgotten who was Consul together with his father? He couldn't even pronounce his name it seemed. "No." he countered sharply. Gaul was his project and he would not leave it before his aims were accomplished. "I am committed to Gallia Narbonises, I held many offices in Rome and I aspire no more. Perhaps in a decade or so I shall return as a censor."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234