Thread: Game launches but I cant view window

Icon1 Game launches but I cant view window

Ok first of all I am running the game on steam and on mac (OS High Sierra, specs on bottom). Although I managed to launch game a couple of times I can no longer do it. I tried going on script.txt and set fulscreen false. On launch options I typed -ne - windowed, still I hear the game, the game launches but I can not view the game or should I say the window app. Also I got 0 mods and my machine has less than 1 year.

Any sugestions?

Machine specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2,9 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 8 MB
    Memory: 16 GB

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Default Re: Game launches but I cant view window

This is an Apple-specific problem. (I have it on both an Mac and PC right now.) A quick fix is launching it, then when the Rome II launching window comes up, click on your desktop, then wait about thirty seconds and click on the Rome II icon on the start menu. It works, and once you get the hang of it, it's not too annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Skotos of Sinope View Post
    This is an Apple-specific problem. (I have it on both an Mac and PC right now.) A quick fix is launching it, then when the Rome II launching window comes up, click on your desktop, then wait about thirty seconds and click on the Rome II icon on the start menu. It works, and once you get the hang of it, it's not too annoying.
    Yes it is an apple specific problem. I also own it on both PC and Apple, but for many personal reasons I would like not to play anymore on PC. When you say Rome II icon do mean the app icon on the dock? Thanks for the answer I hope for more orthodox solutions from other users.

Oops, yeah, I meant the dock not the start menu. Based on experience, you want to get the timing right so you click on it when its on the copyright screen, before the cinematic starts playing. And yeah, that's just a makeshift solution, so if anyone has something more permanent that works, that would be preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by bouklas View Post
    Yes it is an apple specific problem. I also own it on both PC and Apple, but for many personal reasons I would like not to play anymore on PC. When you say Rome II icon do mean the app icon on the dock? Thanks for the answer I hope for more orthodox solutions from other users.
    By the way I tried this method. Got it the first time only. But I can confirm it works the problem is it does not solve anything at all.

Okay, have you considered setting up bootcamp on your Mac and just running Rome II on the Windows partition of your hard drive?