Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naggarond Recolor (Black/Gold & Black/Red/Gold)

Default Naggarond Recolor (Black/Gold & Black/Red/Gold)

Hi there, I disliked the purple/pink skin of Naggarond and turned their uniform and faction colours to something different. Their primary color is now black and their secondary is gold. No more purple and pink! Also replaces their territory colour!

This also swaps their faction banner with that of Har Ganeth (essentially what the entire mod is). But this also means that the Delf faction of Har Ganeth now has the vanilla colours of Naggarond (which are purple and pink). Its a good trade, if you ask me!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e5l4t...77/@fcco2.pack

https://www.mediafire.com/file/58tge.../@fccoRED.pack (An alternative version that changes the secondary colour to dark red, however the units retain some of their gold trims since that is a part of their textures)

(I will also try to upload some screens but I am still trying to figure out the proper gamma/brightness and reshade settings)
    Last edited by khatmar; October 05, 2017 at 05:09 AM. Reason: ugh my spelling is the worst

Default Re: Naggarond Reskin (Black/Gold)

Trying it out right now.

Yeah, let me know what do you think. I am also considering to make the secondary color red so that it matches with the color scheme of Malekith. Although when I tried that, I could not really get the Red tone right and it was either too bright or too dark :/

Amazing work, the color scheme always did bother me a little as i felt it were a little too similar to Morathi's. However the black and gold does match Malekith far more. Currently I'm trying to find a mod similar to this for the High Elves, replacing the current Banner with that of Eataine (Which oddly enough is used for the intervention forces?) Along with replacing the map color and uniforms and such.

Personally, I'm a total sucker for black & gold, so this mod is perfect for me

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Yeah, let me know what do you think. I am also considering to make the secondary color red so that it matches with the color scheme of Malekith. Although when I tried that, I could not really get the Red tone right and it was either too bright or too dark :/
    If you do, please make like a second mod for that then. I would suggest to go with the darker red.

Gold doesn't really fit, I think a dark red or purple would be better.

Alright, so silly me. It turns out that the gold trim cannot be changed via the usual uniform RGB colouring, but its a part of the texture. I made the secondary colour red and now they have black, gold and red. Which is actually an improvement, I believe. Uploaded it as different version. Its included in the original post.

Looks good, you should look into doing other reskins. Maybe the High Elves next?

Hi ! How do i install this? Its THE mod i wanted ! Can't realize someone think same ! (purple units for Malekith...
    Thx.

Default Re: Naggarond Reskin (Black/Gold & Black/Red/Gold)

Doesn't seem to work for me(?). Tried both versions in the campaign and custom battles and nothing really changed.
    I mean, doesn't look anything like ProneOyster's screenshot.

Am I dumb?

@Durnihas and @Ferreira,

no idea why it wont work, it is working perfectly fine for me! Have you tried checking whether it gets added to your user.script by the CA launcher?

to do this, go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\scripts and open (or create, but the CA launcher should make this automatically every time it boots up) user.script.txt and there add the following lines depending on the file: (do not use both)

mod @fccoRED.pack;
    mod @fcco2.pack;

I love the look if the black red and gold but is there anyway to change the battle map banner to black and red

@XxMogoxX what exactly do you mean by "battle map banner"? Could you provide a screen please?

@XxMogoxX what exactly do you mean by "battle map banner"? Could you provide a screen please?
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042415964/screenshots/

i don't know how to upload screenshot properly you can try that link to see what i'm talking about its the banner above your units when your in the battles

Oh those! Ah ok I just have those turned off, because they have alway ruined my immersion, ever since they were introduced in Shogun 2

As such, I dont really know how to change them. I think they are a dds texture though. Dont know where to look for those inside the database either. I will give it a shot, but make no promises.

@Durnihas and @Ferreira,

no idea why it wont work, it is working perfectly fine for me! Have you tried checking whether it gets added to your user.script by the CA launcher?

to do this, go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\scripts and open (or create, but the CA launcher should make this automatically every time it boots up) user.script.txt and there add the following lines depending on the file: (do not use both)

mod @fccoRED.pack;
    mod @fcco2.pack;
    Thanks, that solved it for me! For some reason the user.script wasn't being created automatically, even though the mods were on in the launcher.

Also, some screenshots of the first version:

Last edited by Ferreira; October 04, 2017 at 01:05 PM.

Ah perfect! Im glad it worked out!

Would you mind If put up links to your screenshots in the original post?

Ah perfect! Im glad it worked out!

Would you mind If put up links to your screenshots in the original post?
    Not at all! Feel free.

I'm trying to edit your original pack file to have the color change apply to the custom battle Dark Elf faction as opposed to just Naggarond in the campaign, but PFM isn't letting me add that faction in as a valid choice. Could you please release updated packs that replace the Custom Battle Dark Elf colors with your updated Naggarond ones? Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast