Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Armies you've encountered

Default Rogue Armies you've encountered

What Rogue Armies have you spotted on the campaign map?

I'm the person who wrote the Warhammer Information Threads in the tools section of the forum, and one of my threads so far covers the Rogue (and unusual) Armies that I'd found in the lore, but I'd like to branch out to try and cover some of those we see ingame to help modders that might be interested in fleshing them out.

Default Re: Rogue Armies you've encountered

I've only seen one, it was a Greenskin army lead by a Goblin and had several Goblin units; I can only assume from that experience that they are more or less the equivalent of Savage Orcs and Beastmen stacks that randomly spawn in Game1 grand campaign. I also only seen one, so the feature seemed unremarkable.
    I've no idea if they spawn as a result of specific circumstances; the text did say it was the amalgamation of several warbands, but far as I know that's just flavour text with no meaning in the game; I mean, the climate penalties are translated to Building penalties.

I did have one that had two Lords in one army, which does mean that there is something unusual about some of them. I also have heard of one which has a vampire leading grail knights to battle. But no list of what each faction is called.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I thought they were random? I had an army spawn in the Chaos wastes right outside Naggarond. It was a mix of Kroxigors and Dragon Ogres led by a Saurus general. Would have been pretty brutal to fight if not for all the AP crossbows I had.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

There was a rogue army in my Lizardmen game that captured a nearby town. Not sure what the army was, as the only unit that was visible for me was a Steam Tank. When I attacked them at their town maybe 20 turns later, the stack had morphed into an empire general and ten Hellblasters. Terrific army composition.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I thought they were random? I had an army spawn in the Chaos wastes right outside Naggarond. It was a mix of Kroxigors and Dragon Ogres led by a Saurus general. Would have been pretty brutal to fight if not for all the AP crossbows I had.

Celestial Hurricane or something? Yeah they spawned in the southlands for me as Teclis. Then they were invited to war with me and they promptly sailed over to Lustria and occupied the provice right next to the tower of dawn which was my economy province. I mustered up a makeshift spearmen/archer army for defence in the regional capital but got slaughtered. Pretty brutal stuff to fight early on in the campaign, the kroxigors, shaggoths and dragon ogres pretty much just smashed themselves through the gate and massacred my defenders.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I've had tons of them in Lustria. A dark elf faction with Chosen and Chaos Trolls, an Empire faction with Black Orcs and Giants and also Lizardmen, High Elf and Greenskin armies with normal enough army composition for their race.

These rouge armies are really strange.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I honestly haven't seen too many of them in my current campaign. I think there is a human one in the Southlands called Suderland (Or Sutherland? Something like that). It's one of the most powerful factions in my game, but I don't know if it was spawned from a rogue army or if it existed at game start. It's flag looks like a rogue army's flag, though.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

I am pretty sure Sunderland is an Empire colony and not a rogue army. They were listed as one of the starting factions by CA when they released the map pictures. My first campaign has had a couple of rogue armies. "The Scourge of Aquitaine" led by a vampire lord. They have taken half of the Southlands and are currently fighting with the Brettonian factions to the north. . Kinda weird but I like the randomness of it.

I haven't even seen an undead unit yet in 64 hours of playtime, let alone a faction. So far the only constant I've seen between different campaigns is that Tyrion gets crazy powerful.

Ive had 'beast catchers' led by a goblin warlord, including squigs, a manticore, a bastadon and hydras. Had another mixed norscan and orc army.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In my initial campaign, I allied myself with what I hadn't realised was a rogue army.
    I'm not entirely sure what they were made up of though, so I may have to reload that save and have a quick look...

I used them to fortify the south of my border and they did a great job of it.

playing WW2 as lizard men, I've met many wandering armies, all but one just sat there and did nothing, one colonized a ruins and became a faction, one joined forces against me, but most wander around and do nothing.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by zoot View Post
    playing WW2 as lizard men, I've met many wandering armies, all but one just sat there and did nothing, one colonized a ruins and became a faction, one joined forces against me, but most wander around and do nothing.
    In mine they are quite aggressive. Rogue armies have given me as much trouble as proper factions almost.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

I fought one called "College of Pyrotechnics" or something like that, was all steam tanks, outriders and hellstorm rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    There was a rogue army in my Lizardmen game that captured a nearby town. Not sure what the army was, as the only unit that was visible for me was a Steam Tank. When I attacked them at their town maybe 20 turns later, the stack had morphed into an empire general and ten Hellblasters. Terrific army composition.
    You caught the Nuln Engineering college on Spring Break.
    Forward, march!

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Sheep View Post
    You caught the Nuln Engineering college on Spring Break.
    They ended up with a pretty severe hangover after the Temple Guard got to them...

is anyone seeing them actually recruit uints or grow? im trying to find them in pfm but not seeing them yet, i want them to actually be a threat.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DRunkCoWBoy View Post
    is anyone seeing them actually recruit uints or grow? im trying to find them in pfm but not seeing them yet, i want them to actually be a threat.
    Yes they recruit units even if they don't have settlements
    Hey! Check out my mods!

ive had 2 of them just sitting in the same spot for like 10 turns now and they arent growing. Im gonna start a new campaign though so ill pay more attention this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast