Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] PAX ROMANA - Main Thread & Download

Default Re: [RELEASE] PAX ROMANA - Main Thread & Download

So I have been playing this mod for a while now, and I really am enjoying it. It's also one of the more unique mods I've played in a while, what with covering an era i have never seen represented before. Anyways, here are just a few suggestions and observations I have

Battlefield
    -I was thinking that maybe rectangular and oval shields should be mixed into the same units on the prereform units. I was thinking this because it might be a good way to represent that the army is going through a transitional phase, and you would be having a mix of equipment in units.

-Personally I feel battles are still playing out a little fast, maybe slow them down a bit? (I guess i've gotten use to dei lol)

-I think formation attack should be removed from all units. CA never did fix this, and units never preform as well as they should when using it and you always will get weird formation shifts and what not. I wish CA had fixed this because it was a neat concept for a feature, but it just doesnt work

Campaign Map
    -The double time army stance is way over used by the AI and makes the campaign play kinda like a wild goose chase as you try and chase down that little stack they zip around in your territory. Maybe I've just gotten use to not having this feature but I find it annoying lol

-I've noticed that when I lay siege to some walled cities they will surrender in just one turn. Idk if this is a bug, or a feature but it seems kinda unrealistic when sieges were usually long drawn out affairs.

-I've seen a few other people suggest an area of recruitment implementation, and yes I think that would be nice, but I always would just like to point out that as the player its pretty easy to simulate this by only recruiting certain troops in certain areas lol

-Personally I dont think the no garrison feature unless you build specific buildings really works that well, gameplay wise. I've yet to run across an AI settlement that has built this buildings and I think it tends to make settlement sniping a little too easy. kinda frustrating when the AI lands a three unit stack far behind your lines and starts sniping all your settlements lol. Perhaps just give the settlements smaller standard garrisons to help cut back on the sniping by tiny armies but not have the garrisons large enough to where you could take on a decently sized army. It's also kinda anti climatic when you reach a walled settlement and you can just walk right in lol. In my current campaign I've trapped a Sassanid army in a walled city and I'm really looking forward to the siege battle. lol

That's all that I can think of right now, I hope nobody takes offense to me posting this. I am really enjoying this mod, and I hope that it continues to be worked and improved upon for a long time to come

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    I could try if you like. A submod, maybe? I built one for a personal Attila mod and after having a quick look at the mod files I'm almost certain the same can be done here. It was pretty straightforward after I watched a Magnar tutorial. I'd only need your permission and a list of units and their associated areas. But if you want to do it yourself, no worries.
    An AOR system is something I'd definitely want in the mod. PM me so we can talk about it. I have some ideas for several of the units.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

It seems time has come to play Rome II again...congratulations!
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Any interesting sub-mods for this mod?

EDIT: Why are garrisons so laughably small in this mod? I even downloaded some garrison sub-mods but it isn't helping!
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 08, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Any interesting sub-mods for this mod?

EDIT: Why are garrisons so laughably small in this mod? I even downloaded some garrison sub-mods but it isn't helping!
    You have to use the garrison chain in order to get them. Otherwise yes, the garrison colonia only gives 4 units.

Another question, why are siege turn times so low? Some big cities surrender in 1 turn!

Wonderful job! The units are great!

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

First off all your mod looks absolutely fantastic. I would like to ask you if you have any intentions to upload non steam download links for the mod.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Another question, why are siege turn times so low? Some big cities surrender in 1 turn!
    It's very weird it has to do with the lack of garrisons. If you build the garrisons the holdout time does go back up.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Interesting.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

I'm really enjoying this mod. I was thinking, if you, Emperor Caesar, agree, to release a small battle submod, in order to have longer battles, based on an 1 hp point system.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    I'm really enjoying this mod. I was thinking, if you, Emperor Caesar, agree, to release a small battle submod, in order to have longer battles, based on an 1 hp point system.
    Sub mods are totally fine if someone wants to make them so go for it!

You going to hate me for saying this again...but please upload non steam link? I cannot play this on imac so I just watch the threads daily and crying

Just a quick heads up that work on Area of Recruitment is underway. So far so good. Might be ready within a few days.

I was just going to say that myself ha - once the AOR is in and working and a few units fixed I will upload a non-steam version.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great work Emperor Caesar! I hope I will try your mod soon.

The AOR is proving much more difficult than I imagined and progress is at a snail's pace. A couple of things have put the brakes on: Firstly, One or two provinces are simply not cooperating despite several attempts, while others work without a hitch. The other main thing slowing progress is that most of the AOR units require high level barracks and so I've needed to play through dozens of turns for each Roman faction in order to check if it works. About 40% has been completed.

However, next week I'll be on a month's break from work and I look forward to spending more time and energy on this.

Development of this mod is cancelled due to the coming release of Empire Divided by CA. When that DLC pack comes out I will be modding that but as of now Pax Romana will no longer be worked on. Sorry folks! Although the new campaign looks great so fret not!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    Development of this mod is cancelled due to the coming release of Empire Divided by CA. When that DLC pack comes out I will be modding that but as of now Pax Romana will no longer be worked on. Sorry folks! Although the new campaign looks great so fret not!
    I wish you good luck with your projects!

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    I'd keep the units you've made handy though, it's looking like they'll be needed when the DLC hits. Very inaccurate units from CA, what a surprise.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast