Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] PAX ROMANA - Main Thread & Download

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [RELEASE] PAX ROMANA - Main Thread & Download

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    How did I not notice this?!?!?!?!
    Downloading now, will provide feedback when it's done
    Also glad I can decide not to do the "Make the Roman Army Lose Again" techs and keep my legions haha

EDIT: Looking great so far, however I suspect the recruitment system isn't working as intended. I can recruit "Orientalis" and "Occidentalis" units no matter where I am (I assume these are supposed to represent East and West of the Empire) and playing as Imperium Romanum can recruit Palestinian Clubmen in southern France. Their presence there is about 1700 years too early haha

EDIT the second: I'm also liking the new garrison mechanic, however if possible some settlements, especially those along the frontiers with the barbarians, should have garrison buildings set up and ready to go from the start. This isn't so much for my benefit, but for the AI. It doesn't seem to realize it's large settlements have no one inside, leaving them open to attack. I was able to make significant headway into the Gallic Empire's holdings before I even found forces standing against me at all. Of course, once I did find those forces, they turned out to be exceedingly dangerous. But I was able to more or less steal most of the Rhine frontier from them before they could react. A similar situation occurred in Greece and Thrace, although the Iazyges have made that more difficult, with a general and two units of cav stealing provinces from behind my lines...
    Also, I have thought of a mechanic you could implement. Basically, after you do Diocletian's reforms (if you choose to do so, unlike me haha) it could provide garrison forces to all settlements, representing the Late Roman reorganization of the military placing more emphasis on defensive deployments. Just a thought.
    Thank you! In regards to the first edit, I have not implemented a system of AOR. It is something I'm considering but I also don't know how to to do it. To answer your second edit, that's not a bad idea and not something I really considered maybe I can up the AI's desire to build that particular building.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Well, I'm playing a coop with Gallienus (what better than a guy named Gallienus, to play a Mod based on Gallienus?)

And yes I looked up the name and it showed up as both Macrianus and the Macriani.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    Thank you! In regards to the first edit, I have not implemented a system of AOR. It is something I'm considering but I also don't know how to to do it. To answer your second edit, that's not a bad idea and not something I really considered maybe I can up the AI's desire to build that particular building.
    Well I know it is indeed possible, the folks over at DeI have done it already.

EDIT: Did you release an update that changed the tech tree a bit? Because now I can recruit Equites Scutari and Dalmatae in the tier 3 Auxiliary Barracks, and is also present in the Comitatenses Garrison (apparently, I haven't got that unlocked yet)
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; October 04, 2017 at 04:25 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Well I know it is indeed possible, the folks over at DeI have done it already.

EDIT: Did you release an update that changed the tech tree a bit? Because now I can recruit Equites Scutari and Dalmatae in the tier 3 Auxiliary Barracks, and is also present in the Comitatenses Garrison (apparently, I haven't got that unlocked yet)
    No those units are available through the cavalry reforms tech. And no the comitatenses garrison isn't buildable until you research the Diocletian tech.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I noticed that the elite cavalry units of the Generals have plain white shields, possibly you need to give them some super cool design, Master Emp-Caes Optimus Maximus!

I mean something like one these ..

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    I noticed that the elite cavalry units of the Generals have plain white shields, possibly you need to give them some super cool design, Master Emp-Caes Optimus Maximus!

I mean something like one these ..

The roman generals should have the scorpion design on the hex shield attributed to the Praetorians? The Gallic guard has a round one with the scorpion design

I can attest to what Diocle is saying about there being white shields.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Any help for a mac user? I really want to try this mod! It the era i love the most! I tried to dowload the three parts through a steam download link and put thm in the data directory. Then i wrote he names in the script file, yet rome would no run. Any thing i can do differently? I will save up for a computer, but would be nice try this amazing looking mod before that!

The roman generals should have the scorpion design on the hex shield attributed to the Praetorians? The Gallic guard has a round one with the scorpion design
    The Imperium Romanum faction have tall hexagonal shields (which are cool) but they're grey (slightly less cool)

EDIT: Ah so the research unlocked those cav units for recruitment? Nice. I was wondering where they'd come from.
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; October 05, 2017 at 08:07 PM.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

Ok it should be fixed now. The file was missing from the pack for some reason.

For mac users - I'm making some last changes then I'm going to upload a non-steam download of the mod.
    Last edited by Emperor Caesar; October 05, 2017 at 11:48 PM.

Ah, found a small bug. Any Roman rebellion faction have invisible units that are immune to artillery fire

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

am on this right away playing as Imperium Galliarum (Gallic Empire). Thanks for this mod.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

hi,

have you any non-steam link for download?

At last and gratulations for finish mod and release...Is this possible to make non steam link? maybe also to change units rooster because looks very poor. I thought mod will be release on the Attila board and I'm little bit of dissapointed.

Ah, found a small bug. Any Roman rebellion faction have invisible units that are immune to artillery fire
    Is it if they have the legionary units? I'll fix that.

For those asking for a non-steam link l said that I was making some last changes and then uploading a non-steam download. Please be patient.

Is it if they have the legionary units? I'll fix that.

For those asking for a non-steam link l said that I was making some last changes and then uploading a non-steam download. Please be patient.
    Yeah. On the campaign map they're shown as having ships as their unit cards, and then in the loading screen generals cav, then in the battle itself invisible infantry.

EDIT: How do I recruit more Foederati Equites Cataphractii Sarmatiae as the Roman Empire? You start with one but I can't figure out how to get more...
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; October 06, 2017 at 11:31 PM.

I have not implemented a system of AOR. It is something I'm considering but I also don't know how to to do it.
    I could try if you like. A submod, maybe? I built one for a personal Attila mod and after having a quick look at the mod files I'm almost certain the same can be done here. It was pretty straightforward after I watched a Magnar tutorial. I'd only need your permission and a list of units and their associated areas. But if you want to do it yourself, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    I could try if you like. A submod, maybe? I built one for a personal Attila mod and after having a quick look at the mod files I'm almost certain the same can be done here. It was pretty straightforward after I watched a Magnar tutorial. I'd only need your permission and a list of units and their associated areas. But if you want to do it yourself, no worries.
    Would you be able to make the garrison buildings provide appropriate units for their area? Like Orientalis units are in the east, normal ones in Italy, Illyria and Dalmatia, and Occidentalis ones are in Gaul, Hispania, Gaul, britannia?

I'm not sure. It wasn't something I tried. I'll have a poke around in the files and see if it's possible. I'll also check out DEI and if they happen to do it, try to work it out from there. To be honest I only started modding a few months ago and am still a bit of a noob so I can't promise anything.

To be fair area-specific garrisons isn't something I've seen in Rome 2 apart from when the main settlement building is a unique one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast