Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] PAX ROMANA - Main Thread & Download

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default [RELEASE] PAX ROMANA - Main Thread & Download

STEAM LINK

HForHavoc Playthrough

The Eras of Rome team is back with our next mod called Pax Romana. This is based off of my original PR mod but this mod is to be far more than my original vision. The mod moves the Roman Empire into its time of crisis. The year is 260 A.D. and the Empire is split, divided by the Gallic Empire of Postumus in the west, the Macrian rebellion under Macrianus and his sons and the semi-autonomous city of Palmyra led by Odaenathus in the East. The frontiers are beset by German, Steppe, and Persian enemies. Rome, having been humiliated in the East by the capture of Valerian by the Persians, must have her vengeance. However, Gallienus is left in a precarious position. You must reverse the fortunes of the waning Empire and return her to her former glory! Roma Victrix!

Requires parts 1, 2, and 3 to play. The music pack is optional.

Roman Playable Factions:
    Imperium Romanum (Roman Empire)
    Imperium Galliarum (Gallic Empire)
    Imperium Macrianorum (Macrian Empire)
    Imperium Palmyrenum (Palmyran Empire)

Eastern Playable Factions:
    Eranshahr (Sassanid Empire)
    Mets Hayk (Armenia)
    Basileion tou Bosporou (Bosporan Kingdom)

Germanic Playable Factions:
    Marcomanni
    Quadi
    Franci
    Alemanni
    Gothi

Steppe Playable Factions:
    Iazyges
    Roxolani

Celtic Playable Faction:
    Picts

African Playble Faction:
    Imperium Aksum (Empire of Aksum)

MOD FEATURES:
    -4 turns per year
    -Unit sizes increased, Roman units have increased upkeep to represent to help simulate the inflation of the later Empire
    -Complete sets of new equipment (helmets, shields, etc.) modeled after 3rd century equipment, as well as relevant models from other fantastic mods
    -Many new units for all factions (except Picts at the moment), most based on solid historical knowledge, some based on best interpretation of what is known
    -Roman tech tree reworked in order to better represent the changing Empire, as well as some new tech for Germans and Eastern factions
    -New buildings for the Roman factions (including a historical one), some for the Eastern factions as well.
    -Proper historical figures added (Gallienus, Postumus, Diocletian, etc.)
    -Population mechanic added as well as the People's Trust mod, both relevant issues in the late Empire (i.e. manpower, and loyalty/betrayal factor that plagued later emperors)
    -New music from epic movies to hopefully immerse the player more fully, including Gladiator and the Eagle
    -New menu and loading screen backgrounds, as well as new quotes during loading.
    -Roman garrison system changed, now requiring the player to build garrison forts in order to defend towns without standing armies; normal military buildings no longer provide them; this will simulate the Empire's struggle to defend its frontier
    -Roman army will be able to upgrade from the pre-Diocletian army (legions, auxilia, etc.) to the post-Diocletian army (comitatenses, ripenses, etc.) via tech.
    -changed starting legions to proper ones (II Parthica, V Macedonica, I Minervia, etc) as well as their date of formation (197 AD, 43 BC, and 82 AD respectively).

I've done my best to recreate the 3rd century accurately. I've had to use a combination of new equipment from various sources so the quality is mismatched at times, along with some vanilla. If anyone sees any glaring inaccuracies with units, please do let me know. I want to create the most historically accurate mod as possible.

Not compatible with any mods that mod startpos or script.

Credits:
    Dresden and Ahiga for many models from CRoC as well as their advice and help
    Magnar for his population mod, as well as his advice and help
    Prime for his People's Trust mod
    Heinrich von Preuben for his building ideas and creation
    Andrew for his tireless efforts to create the new units
    Thunderbolt and The_Germans for new shield patterns
    Asterion, Hloeric, and dontfearme22 for helmets
    Noif for his faction banners
    Alaric for armor
    Regnator for his transport mod

IN-GAME PICTURES:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Emperor Caesar; October 01, 2017 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Updating

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: [RELEASE] PAX ROMANA - Main Thread & Download

No words, I'm .. I'm moved, I don't find the words .. this is one of the best moments in my life on TWC!

This ****ing site prevents me to give you the rep you desrve, but my dear friend what you have done is MAGNIFICENT!

For the first time ever the great history of III Century enters triumphally in Rome2 Modding history, so, you're in the Olympus of the greatest modders of ever!
    I bless you Emp Caes! You're a great, great, great, great, great man! I'm glad and proud and honoured being your friend!

I find this absolutely appropriate, GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO (Antonio Vivaldi):

Last edited by Diocle; September 30, 2017 at 05:33 PM.

Glad to see you've finally released your mod Emperor Caesar. Proud of you my friend! I'm gonna give it a go right now. By the way I like the fact that you included that soundtrack mod for it, there's quite a few good tracks from The Eagle!

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

I loved res publica and I am sure this one will be fantastic...please please stand-alone download files for us Mac users?

thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ababych1 View Post
    I loved res publica and I am sure this one will be fantastic...please please stand-alone download files for us Mac users?

thanks!!!
    I will soon once I make some small changes.

there will be a non-steams link for download?????

Hmm... No coop campaign? :\

Edit: This is odd but it seems to be under Imperator Augustus for Multiplayer Campaign.
    Last edited by First Citizen Gallienus; October 01, 2017 at 05:23 PM.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    Hmm... No coop campaign? :\

Edit: This is odd but it seems to be under Imperator Augustus for Multiplayer Campaign.
    I suppose I haven't touched the multiplayer as of yet but it is based of the Augustus campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    I will soon once I make some small changes.
    Thank you!!! Waiting painfully

Congratulations and thanks for the mod!

Be sure French players will enjoy it.

https://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/...ome-pax-romana

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Few screens just to tell you: "Thank you very much my good Sir!"

Wow, are you using GEM? Can you give me your settings, the screens are splendid.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Few screens just to tell you: "Thank you very much my good Sir!"

Haha thank you Diocle I've always enjoyed your support. I hope the legionaries look accurate.

Publicated a post and an article about Pax Romana release on Polish fansite: http://forum.totalwar.org.pl/showthr...513#post447513

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Wow, are you using GEM? Can you give me your settings, the screens are splendid.
    Thanks; no, I don't use Gem, I work on the screens beacuse for me it's like a hobby, but the point here it's that Emperor Caesar has given us the best Roman units ever seen in a TW game!
    The III century Romans had the best looking armours and equipment ever seen in the whole Roman history, and now, finally we can play in the absolute beauty of that tragic and glorious century!
    Actually I don't find the words to explain how much I'm grateful to the author of this gem, but I'm sure Pallas Athena is watching over him and is inspirning his work and protecting his steps!

Ave ac gratiae, Emperor Caesar Optimus Maximus!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Thanks; no, I don't use Gem, I work on the screens beacuse for me it's like a hobby, but the point here it's that Emperor Caesar has given us the best Roman units ever seen in a TW game!
    The III century Romans had the best looking armours and equipment ever seen in the whole Roman history, and now, finally we can play in the absolute beauty of that tragic and glorious century!
    Actually I don't find the words to explain how much I'm grateful to the author of this gem, but I'm sure Pallas Athena is watching over him and is inspirning his work and protecting his steps!

Ave ac gratiae, Emperor Caesar Optimus Maximus!

You are too kind Diocle! It's all out of love for Rome and history though and I hope everyone enjoys the time period as much as I do.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Wow - thanks for Diocle for bringing this mod to my attention - I will download it tonight and fall deep into the Crisis of Rome! Looking forward to playing it!

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

I've been looking for this kind of mod for years! Thank you, glorious Caesar!

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Wow - thanks for Diocle for bringing this mod to my attention - I will download it tonight and fall deep into the Crisis of Rome! Looking forward to playing it!
    OMG, SBH Himself!

Well, I'm playing a coop with Gallienus (what better than a guy named Gallienus, to play a Mod based on Gallienus?), I left him the role of the Valerian's son of course, and I'm impersoning Postumus (for the occasion, I adopted a mindset between Marine Le Pen and De Gaulle, I find it pretty historically accurate for the character and the Gallic political landscape of those years ..), we are both at war with the infamous Macrinus and I don't remember the actual political stance of Palmyra .. meanwhile the Germans are planning a great conspiracy beyond the Rhine river, and the Picts are lurking around the Antonine Wall .. in any case the Mod is simply moving and it's like a dream, I would like very much seeing you, my nobilissimus friend, on board with us, reenacting the dark and glorious years of The Great Crisis.

This is another pic coming from a battle between a loyalist legionary Vexillatio coming from Sirmium and a riding force of Macrinian (is it right "Macrinian"?) traitors, more or less near Adrianople ..

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

How did I not notice this?!?!?!?!
    Downloading now, will provide feedback when it's done
    Also glad I can decide not to do the "Make the Roman Army Lose Again" techs and keep my legions haha

EDIT: Looking great so far, however I suspect the recruitment system isn't working as intended. I can recruit "Orientalis" and "Occidentalis" units no matter where I am (I assume these are supposed to represent East and West of the Empire) and playing as Imperium Romanum can recruit Palestinian Clubmen in southern France. Their presence there is about 1700 years too early haha

EDIT the second: I'm also liking the new garrison mechanic, however if possible some settlements, especially those along the frontiers with the barbarians, should have garrison buildings set up and ready to go from the start. This isn't so much for my benefit, but for the AI. It doesn't seem to realize it's large settlements have no one inside, leaving them open to attack. I was able to make significant headway into the Gallic Empire's holdings before I even found forces standing against me at all. Of course, once I did find those forces, they turned out to be exceedingly dangerous. But I was able to more or less steal most of the Rhine frontier from them before they could react. A similar situation occurred in Greece and Thrace, although the Iazyges have made that more difficult, with a general and two units of cav stealing provinces from behind my lines...
    Also, I have thought of a mechanic you could implement. Basically, after you do Diocletian's reforms (if you choose to do so, unlike me haha) it could provide garrison forces to all settlements, representing the Late Roman reorganization of the military placing more emphasis on defensive deployments. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; October 03, 2017 at 12:22 PM.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast