Thread: Phoenix King

Default Phoenix King

I'm a little confused about who the Phoenix King is -- is it some eternal, undying ruler of the High Elves? Since all of the other High Elf factions swear loyalty to him, obviously then, neither Tyrion nor Teclas are the Phoenix King. Can someone explain?

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Phoenix King

Quote Originally Posted by lord0thief View Post
    I'm a little confused about who the Phoenix King is -- is it some eternal, undying ruler of the High Elves? Since all of the other High Elf factions swear loyalty to him, obviously then, neither Tyrion nor Teclas are the Phoenix King. Can someone explain?
    Phoenix King is like a Shogun like figure that rules the High Elves. Elected to the position. http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_King
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Finubar the Seafarer is the current and, I believe, fifth Phoenix King.

In order to become Phoenix King, the Elven princes (Who are like the Empire's Elector Counts) elect a candidate who then strides through the Sacred Fire of Asuryan. If they are worthy, they survive and become blessed by the creator God.

He's basically no different than the Empire's Emperor, from what I can tell.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

I wish I could recruit Finubar :/

Or at least, Tyrion or Teclis could be crowned Phoenix King at the end of the Domination campaign -- that'd be a nice boon.