Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Domus Messalla

Default Re: Domus Messalla

Messalla pondered the accusation. It was plausible. But Rusca was here seeking personal protection, not redress of grievances. "You should file a case with the praetors, and take measures to protect yourself." He advised "There is little I can do directly to aid you."

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

"I will do that at that." He says shaking his head. "However investigations take time and in the meanwhile Pius can move with impunity. His power grabs can not be allowed for the good of the Republic."

"I will keep an eye on things." Marcus replied, not exactly knowing what those things would be

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Lucullus nodded sagely.

"Rome has once again become a violent place as of late." Lucullus kept the knowing smirk from passing over his face. "That is what comes of these Populares, they are never content, they always have to push ever onwards, attempting to destroy Roman tradition."

"Yet there seem to be blessedly few of them left in Rome, and the violence continues against any of them that remains. I am supposed to believe that they are the cause of the unrest?" He was beginning to believe the cause was sitting before him.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

"Two men have been killed, one kidnapped and trapped in a brothel and one pelted with feces. The violence has been potent and barbaric - and it has all stemmed from the Populists and their actions. It does not take many populists to cause violence - they have a horde of plebs to do their bidding."

"What evidence do you have for this?" He wondered why the man had come to him in his home to discuss these matters, and not the Basilica.

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Some time after the games, Marcus Flaminius Rufus made his way again to the villa of the Messallae. He was looking for someone to be his patron.

Rufus is allowed inside where Messalla was meeting with clients.

"Messalla. I was happy when I heard you were named Praetor. The Senate still has some sensible people in it, it appears."

Rufus said, courteously.

"Indeed it does, we will see what comes of the investigations." he rpelied

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    "Indeed it does, we will see what comes of the investigations." he rpelied

"Ah yes, the investigations." Rufus did not care much about that. He was way too busy focusing on his own advancement.

"I shall not bother you with small talk, as I know you are a busy man. I seek your patronage to become a Senator, Messalla."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567