Thread: Southern Realms in Warhammer 2

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Default Southern Realms in Warhammer 2

Did anyone else noticed that the race group name in the diplomatic panel for New world colonies is southern Realms? In my book that means estalia, tilea and border princes. You reckon this means we will see them as a dlc/dlc before or after tomb kings.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Southern Realms in Warhammer 2

They might be DLC as we are running out of good factions. Especially they could be FLC for Mortal Empire.....main DLC improving New World Colonies, maybe exploring mercenary horde factions.. etc. While FLC could improve Estalia,Tilea,Border Kingdoms for Mortal Empire?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Good point. I didn't realize that it can be flc dlc combo but it makes sense. Though how would they balance the spread of new units if they do that?

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

I had the same though when I saw it. And for now having "empire" flavored troops in lustria kind of misses the point of new world dwellers feel.

Norsca is a proof they'll do things the right way. I'd say plausible.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

Quote Originally Posted by ostendadler View Post
    I had the same though when I saw it. And for now having "empire" flavored troops in lustria kind of misses the point of new world dwellers feel.

Norsca is a proof they'll do things the right way. I'd say plausible.
    If anyone has noticed, the Southern Realms (Tilea, Estalia, Border Princes) used to have empire style army banners and faction icons but now they have their own style that is separate from any other faction group. Their capitals also have unique crests on them which no other faction group has. I think it the Southern Realms or one of them is most likely FLC to come, thinking about how easy their armies should be to implement, lacking most costly unique monsters and such.

Also Norscan tech tree specifically mentions Tilea if i remember right.

Yea I expect them too. As they are nicely connected with New World Colonies and Merc Armies and other things and it could be nicely added into Vortex and ME campaign. And especially as Miragliano is only 10 slot capital city for currently non-playable faction. (There are some others like these for TK, Lizardmen, Skaven...or WE which is probably just to support their AI)

I would expect an Estalia + Tilea + Dogs of War pack sometime in the future.

What more, it could contain elements of minor factions. Dogs of War are mercenary, we can simply see a few units from Albion,Amazons, Pirates...This is one way how to add such non-linked pool of units. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Yea I expect them too. As they are nicely connected with New World Colonies and Merc Armies and other things and it could be nicely added into Vortex and ME campaign. And especially as Miragliano is only 10 slot capital city for currently non-playable faction. (There are some others like these for TK, Lizardmen, Skaven...or WE which is probably just to support their AI)
    At the moment you can use money to set an A.I. army to interrupt/disturb the rituals of the other factions, maybe Tilea/Dogs of War would fill this role later, after all quite promising in my opinion. Of course they could also be used in an normal war.