Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Spells for Mazdamundi.

Default Re: More Spells for Mazdamundi.

If you're going to be buffing mage lords with extra skills, any chance of buffing the non-magical lords with extra skills? There's not too much you can do combat-wise with them, but you could add some extra unit buffs somewhere.

The mod feel very good to play, I had a blast with the overcasting system, pretty neat! Debuffing horde of skaven with 3 Hex and charge them always feel sooo good. Thanks for the good work!
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

Quote Originally Posted by DrFaustus View Post
    I currently am about half done on getting a new skill tree for the Slann into the campaign. They get significantly less spells though than old Mazdamundi, getting simply a mixed heavens and light lore, alongside all of High Magic. Likewise, Teclis is going to keep his mixed lore and get all of High Magic. Morathi is going to get a Dark/Shadow split and all of Dhar. That at least is my current plan. I am also looking into good options to add to other generals so they don't feel quite so alone. This all of course works a lot better with an extra levels mod, as right now Mazdamundi needs to spend 30+ skill points on just his magic abilities. But also he probably really should do so, as unlike others he gets really good synergies. I may also add tiers to the Slann Disciplines and perhaps some additional winds of magic and magic power regeneration abilities.
    You did some great work sir, +rep. I have a question what tool do you use to carry out the modifications of the game files since PFM does not seem to work?

I used some PFM, if you look in the recent thread pages you will find working schemas and a working application.

Leylanee's Avatar Laetus

I am definately following your work with great interest, love what you have done (and will do).
    One thing that annoys me, is that the High Elves wich are suposed to be strong in magic, have no magic using lords, i would love that, would it be possible at all to make for instance, the Princesses into mages instead of their weak ranged thingy?... just a thought.

I kinda always wanted the choice between warrior lords and mage lords, but sadly only very few races have that, unless they are Legendary Lords.

Anyway, thanks again

can you do the same thing (more spells/buffs) for Teclis?

Once I get the vanilla lords updated, I will look into adding mage lords for the Elves. It is just somewhat slowgoing due to the need to build a skill tree.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

How did you give Mazdamundi multiple lores? I assumed he would work like Teclis, and new spells would just overwrite old ones.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

By knowing how the lores interact. In essence the ability groups are read sequentially, and the first valid one will be added. What this means is that unless you make a duplicate spell for each lore, having more than one lore on a character will break especially if these multiple lores are composite lores. I am currently working on getting multiple lores working for Slann btw, and then I was going to move on and do Teclis anyway :-D

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I suppose I never had any problem with this in the earlier game because there simply wasn't a composite lore. In WH1 I could just add spells in Character_Skill_Nodes and multiple lores would show up just fine. That seems to be what happens with High Elf mages in WH2 as well, since I swapped "Tempest" for "Comet of Cassadora" and instead of just replacing the UI for Tempest, it added a whole new lore selection in the battle map.

I think I'll just wait for you to cover it, because I clearly don't know enough about ability groups tables to work all this out! Besides, I love what you've done with Mazadamundi anyway. With my own personal mod to make magic more powerful (I love OP mages on both sides) and with larger unit sizes, he killed 2000 undead and beat their necromancer in a magic duel in a single battle with nothing but one unit of temple guard holding a chokepoint for him. Casting multiple buffs on that one unit, I got their melee defense to somewhere around 120 or so. It was insane, I love it.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

And now Slann get two lores :-D
    https://ibb.co/h26hvb

All I do need to do is add the text for it, and this also marks half the work done for Teclis. I also should remember to look to adding some more abilities between the two lores. I also do need to add back the ability to get your passive abilities for magic as well. But that's an easy fix too.
    Last edited by Frunk; October 05, 2017 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

I used some PFM, if you look in the recent thread pages you will find working schemas and a working application.
    Thanks mate!! I guess I need to spend more time around here

Also you should definitely upload your work on the Steam Workshop, if you have not done it already, many more people will appreciate it!!
    Last edited by blackheartz; October 05, 2017 at 10:22 AM.

I will be later today. I should probably also get around to doing a patreon account or something too for that release.

Newest version can be found on the Workshop. Am currently working on adding Skills for Teclis, as well as a couple of extras for the generic Slann, including a reduction in the price of temple guard for them.

Newest version can be found on the Workshop. Am currently working on adding Skills for Teclis, as well as a couple of extras for the generic Slann, including a reduction in the price of temple guard for them.
    Hi. Awesome mod you got here. Clould you give me the link to the latest version found on the Workshop, please?

EDIT: I finally managed to get it to work, fewh.. Awesome mod man
    Questions:
    1) does this version of your mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...3&d=1507042673 increases the max levels of all lords to 80 so that I can actually get all the spells as Mazdamundi?
    2) What's the state of your extra spells for Slanns mod?
    3) Is your mod compatible with Radious?
    4) Is your mod savegame compatible? I'm currently in a campaign with Kroq Gar (I'm only at turn 2). I want to know if the AI Mazdamundi will still be able to get all those new juicy spells even though I installed your mod after I started my campaign.
    Last edited by Frunk; October 10, 2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12