Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Curia Hostilia, Consulate of Cinna and Carbo, 83 BCE

Default Re: Curia Hostilia, Consulate of Cinna and Carbo, 83 BCE

Canus was disturbed by what had occurred so suddenly. Carbo on his way. Pius on his way. He had placed himself in a grave position by echoing the words of Sulpicanius in declaring Carbo hostus. But Carbo was no general. He was no Cinna. His claim to power was that he wasn't Cinna. He was the administrator to Cinna's general. Canus has declared himself running for Consul, along with Sulpicanius. Three men. Two positions.
    "I....must agree with our Consul that we agree to Pius' request of running for Consul in absentia, given the unique and unusual circumstances that have currently taken hold in our Republic. This city has barely enough men to keep the peace, much less mount a reasonable defense against a siege by fellow Romans!"

What was happening? Cinna's army was fractured within Carbo's forces, Pius had taken command of the forces that rallied with Sulla, and Rome had nothing. Nothing but name, tradition, and a handful of Senators.
    "If this body agrees to the request present by Pius, I remove myself from consideration to succeed as Consul next term."

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Curia Hostilia, Consulate of Cinna and Carbo, 83 BCE

The consul nodded in approval. "A fine gesture Canus" he would remark. Not moving from his seat.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345