Pro-Consul of Asia NPC

Pro-Praetor of Sicilia NPC

Pro-Consul of Corsica et Sardinia NPC

Hispania Citerior NPC

Pro-Consul of Hispania Ulterior NPC

Pro-Consul of Macedonia NPC

Pro-Consul of Gallia Narbonensis NPC

Events
    1. The Consuls are not in Rome, but have left to reach their armies as they march to oppose Sulla's forces in southern Italy.

2. A rumor has circulated that Cinna has been murdered at the hands of his own soldiers somewhere near Arminium.

3. Rome is in a state of confusion and fear, fully expecting that whoever wins the war, they will re institute public, political killings.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; October 05, 2017 at 08:15 AM.

Default Re: Curia Hostilia, Consulate of Cinna and Carbo, 85 BCE

Gaius Furius Sulpicianus, the legally elected Aedile....of the previous year...loitered outside the Curia. He had no authority to call a session, yet he felt as if the Senators remaining in Rome had some duty to prepare the city for any outcome, or else take sides. Of course, taking the wrong side could mean summary execution and confiscation of property.

Default Re: Curia Hostilia, Consulate of Cinna and Carbo, 83 BCE

Lucius Valerius Flaccus had decided to take a walk through the forum. With so many prominent men out of Rome, there was not much going on and only his most loyal and ardent clients called him on him today, the others were more concerned about their lands with armies marching about. After passing the treasury he say Sulpicianus by the Curia and headed over to speak with him.
    "Ave, Gauis." He called as he walked towards him. "You look bored and in need of company, do mind if I use the Curia to prop myself up as well?"

The Mad Skylord - Yesterday at 10:09 PM
    Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

"Ave Flaccus." he replied "With no session called, there is little to do except wait and pray." It might be dangerous to come out as too partisan. The Populist faction had vacated the city in favor of manning their armies, but they could return. It was the time to be cautious and take the middling path. He wore his Toga Praetexta but felt out of place in it. He was not duly elected, merely a magistrate held over from the previous year. It was an odd feeling, and he was unsure of the legality of it.

" It does feel like there is little for us to do besides wait. Certainly a call for an open session will only anger both sides." Valerius commented. "But it feels like we should be doing something. It is extremely quiet for the Forum."
    He looked around at the emptiness. "And I am quite unsure of what will transpire if Sulla emerges victorious."

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Titus Pinarious Rusca wandered the streets of Rome troubled. Rome was in a state of turmoil and little was going on in the city. Most of the men of power had left and there was no formal session of the senate called, so the former Praetor had little to do unless someone came to call the senate to sit. He had had little influence on the senate since his failed bid for Consul had nearly bankrupted his family and it had taken him years to repay the political favors and recover from that embarrassment. Years that had seen him fall out of province in the senate, yet times of trouble could also be opportunity for those that knew how to take it. As he turns the corner he notices two of his fellow Senators speaking in front of the Curia and moves to join them.

"Ave Gaius, Ave Lucius," he says greeting each man in turn. "What brings you to the curia?"

Valerius nods his head to the new arrival. " Titus" He decides to have a little fun with his fellow Senator.
    "We were just discussing how dull the forum looks. All of the buildings and temples new new coats of paint. We just didn't know who should get the job of repainting it. And when we saw you, I had an epiphany. Your family has been down on its luck these past few years, what better way to get your self noticed that by paying for the refurbishment of Rome's most important temples?" He asks in an overtly friendly manner.

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Gaius greeted Rusca with a weak smile. "I am not sure I will remain in Rome." Sulpicianus replied "After all, my property remains intact. The victors, whoever they might be, could decide that I have betrayed them in order to get at my wealth."

"Or if could be the victors, if they are the current rulers of Rome, will see your leaving as an abandonment of them" Valerius replied.
    "I for one am not going anywhere. My duties compel me to stay here."

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Rusca's lips tighten at Valerius words but he ignores the man. His family could not afford the expense at the moment and the man knew it. Instead he addresses Gaius's words his eldest son was still with Sulla's legion he should be safe enough should that faction triumph, but if Cinna and Carbo won, there was a real risk of his own property being confiscated or worse.

"A sensible precaution although it feels wrong for the Senate to take no action while Rome descends into chaos."

"What would you has us to Rusca?" Valerius asks. "Cinna has put down any resistance with force and murder. Any who were lucky to escape his wrath are now with Sulla."
    "Jupiter only know how he will respond if he wins. The Senate and the tribunes have tried to take away everything he has done. And he never loses."

Valerius looked away, he was not a fan of the man himself, but Sulla was a patrician of the oldest of families.

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

The entire discussion had made Gaius feel quite unsteady. The city felt like a tomb to him in the wake of what had occurred just in the recent past. Regardless of who actually won, it seemed unlikely he would be spared their wrath again. "In any event, I will not be here when they return." he said suddenly. "I wish you all fortune and safety, I must make arrangements for my family now." He turned to go, he would take some days or even weeks organizing things at his domus before he left, but perhaps it was not the best time to be seen in public after all.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

The most handsome man in Rome, Appius Claudius Pulcher has made his way to the forum. Seeing some of his fellow senators loitering before the Curia he decides to apperouch them and see what they are up too. As he comes near he notices the senators are Gaius, Valerius and Rusca. "Salve Senators" he said while he greeted them all, First Gaius, Valerius and finally Rusca. "A shame that the ever so busy forum lays so empty today." he noted.

Titus's reply was interrupted by the arrival of Appius. "The senate does not sit in session Pulcher. There is little to do unless a session is called." He sighs shaking his head wondering what exactly could be done to secure his place in Rome. He turns back to Valerius, "In truth I do not know what we can do Valerius. But still sitting and doing nothing seems wrong." He says sighing.

Canus Calvisius Cotta enters the Curia and shuffles around, having just heard the news outside of Cinna's assassination. He approaches the group consisting of Valerius, Titus, and Appius
    "Cinna is dead."
    Last edited by Celsius; October 03, 2017 at 10:33 AM.

"Well, Titus." Valerius replied. "We could do something to welcome who ever wins the upcoming battles. The victors will want to be entering a city that embraces them."
    "That would mean cleaning up any who just like to cause trouble no matter the event."

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

A man approaches the small gathering of senators, taking note of their togas and servants. He's a short, thin man, with a citizen's clothes, and he keeps a respectful distance from the senators before speaking.

"Conscript fathers," the man with the kind face calls from many feet away, "May a stranger approach?"

Canus, breaking his contact away from the other Senators looked at the thin man. Rarely do unknowns approach. He either brought news or assassination.
    He nodded and turned toward him.

"Well Cotta, this changes things. Alot. "
    Valerius pondered.
    "As Princeps Senatus I will have to call a session of the Senate to discuss what we should do."

Jesus
    You're a monster
    I love it

Titus nods in agreement "A formal sessions should be called at once with every senator still in Rome coming to sit."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast