Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Star Trek Discovery and Leftist Propaganda

Default Re: Star Trek Discovery and Leftist Propaganda

Left-wing political propaganda coming from Hollywood... it wouldn't be a first.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    I have watched Star Trek for over fifty years. Yes, I am an old Star Trek fan...hard core...even suggested others watch it because once it was among a handful of shows that could be entertaining, uplifting, nonbigoted, nonsexist, etc.

But now? WTF. STD has pissed off a huge portion of the fanbase..
    Has it? We know , for example that Bellus 88 hasn't seen it, yet he has commented.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

I have watched Star Trek for over fifty years. Yes, I am an old Star Trek fan...hard core...even suggested others watch it because once it was among a handful of shows that could be entertaining, uplifting, nonbigoted, nonsexist, etc.

But now? WTF. STD has pissed off a huge portion of the fanbase.

Was it a perfect series of serialized dramas. Nope. Did the creators make tittilating shows on purpose? Of course, but why be a prude?

If you are a sports fan, sometimes you shout at the outrageous actions by coaches and players but still support the team for decades.
    The difference is TV makes money and continues its run based on ratings. Continuing to watch it and pay for the service is supporting them so it will continue. I figure if this is so painful to watch then why support the producers for their creative decisions? Plus, the whole idea of turning ST into a cash crop for a new streaming service is a whole other issue of moral outrage on its own. I don't know if I'm a prude, but definitely not a masochist. If it's torture why not just switch to something more enjoyable? There are plenty of better TV shows on right now than this one. TV has actually surpassed film in scope and depth over the past six years and plenty of other sci-fis with similar themes. Star Trek though just has not been what it once was for a long time.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

How many people have read this topic and then been affected by it?

There is a method to the madness to produce positive change.

The kind of 'change' Marty Whitehouse wanted where anything that didn't fit with her narrow-minded views was deemed evil.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Hardly. Just as many extreme liberals may choose to watch STD since I loathe it so much.

I may do a whole topic on banned films now.

So its more like the old Soviet jamming of Western channels or the Saudi banning of satellite dishes, lest they corrupt the ideological purity of individuals.

It's a market economy, you vote with your dollar in this case, since I don't believe the production is getting government subsidies nor underwritten by George Soros.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

How Goofy. How are my posts so powerful that they are like Soviet jamming?

ROFL
    Wow, are you scared of me?
    Hahahahaha

RubiconDecision "Commence jamming. Engage!"

Thanks for the incredible belly laugh. One rural guy versus a multimillion dollar production with a huge marketing department facilitated by a near totally leftist media.

Hey! They should hire me if I am so powerful! I apparently am a Republican superweapon. Who knew?
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; October 11, 2017 at 06:59 AM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    sorry, but thats established canon. the vulcans made first contact with humanity, and are one of the founding members of the federation.

there is no love fest, sure, spock apparently is the first vulcan to join starfleet, so i guess they kept to themselves in that regard until later. but TOS is about nations and that one alien working together in peace, so no reason to single him out.

and bones is just a bit of a throwback. afraid of transporters, believes in god, bit racist, has an alcohol problem. i love bones. favorite secondary character (spock and kirk are the real stars oc), Karl Urban as bones was the only part of jjverse i heartily enjoyed.
    Sorry no I remember the episode vividly, it is established peaceful re-writen canon by NG - and movie... My wife is Brazil and various other parts of South America for the USDA I got nothing better to to do than binge watch the TOS with my daughter and I pretty sure the happy little meeting Roddenberry inserted in the TN and Movies never happened in the TOS. Give me till Sunday I will either apologize or give you an episode and time stamp. Although one never knows with back edits and the the term canon and said reedits designed to make some order for fans want and ignore what they forgot or did not read etc.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

there is no need to apologize either way, but the vulcans are founding members, not subjects.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Vulcan

im pretty sure if anyone in TOS produced such a cockup, it would be known in fandom. you are not, by any chance, mixing up some mirror universe stuff there, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    you vote with your dollar in this case
    I vote with my Euro instead. Of course, at the current exchange rate, this means I have 18% more vote

btw, is netflix cheaper in europe than all acess in the US?

btw, is netflix cheaper in europe than all acess in the US?
    I don't know, but I had Netflix anyway for Daredevil,the Expanse, OINTOB etc and movies, so really for me Star Trek comes at no net cost.

How Goofy. How are my posts so powerful that they are like Soviet jamming?

ROFL
    Wow, are you scared of me?
    Hahahahaha

RubiconDecision "Commence jamming. Engage!"

Thanks for the incredible belly laugh. One rural guy versus a multimillion dollar production with a huge marketing department facilitated by a near totally leftist media.

Hey! They should hire me if I am so powerful! I apparently am a Republican superweapon. Who knew?
    Now I have it. It's like a loud fart during a eulogy. Some people just can't keep it in.
    Last edited by mongrel; October 13, 2017 at 12:05 AM.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

The TWC debate gene prevents people who happen to have it from changing their opinions while viewing the website. The gene is only handed down the male line.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

CBS All Access is $5.99 with ads or $9.99 without. So it's cheaper than Netflix. Just that there's not much else content there.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Well I have seen the latest episode, and, as predicted, time shows that the OP was so much hype.

who woulda thunk. curious where they will go with their shroom drive, now that they have discovered a work around. that last scene with science guy and the ominous music indicates that it may not be a good idea to shoot yourself up with untested alien dna. i see some bad trips in that guys future.

Praeses

...it may not be a good idea to shoot yourself up with untested alien dna...
    When has that ever not been a good idea?

Oh yeah, thats right...

Ok thats two times...

Oh, Dr Who...

...and again, this is getting silly...
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

They weren't sending us their best.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213