Thread: Ancillaries

Default Ancillaries

I am experimenting with them for the first time and have not found where my editing error is. This is for Rome 1.2 since all my modding is in that and I dont have MTW II yet. This was pulled from the 3 different files. Can anyone find the error. The show-err is reporting at the end of the trigger lines.

klearchos
    klearchos_desc
    klearchos_effects_desc

{klearchos} Klearchos

{klearchos_desc}
    Klearchos was an Aristotelian philosopher who travelled across the known world, taking the maxims of Apollo to Baktria to Ai Khanoum where they were put on tablets. He went that whole way and then probably travelled on to India to further spread Greek ideas there. He crossed three thousand miles of land and sea to bring the most authentic and venerable traditions of Hellenism to one of its most remote outposts.\n\n~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\n

{klearchos_effects_desc}
    Klearchos has travelled across the known world with the maxims of Apollo ("Know thyself", "everything in moderation", etc), to deliver them to you.\n+1 to Influence

¬---------------

;Ancillary: klearchos
    ; o Klearchos : <Influence> 1

Ancillary klearchos
    Image older_man_ancillary.tga
    Unique
    ExcludedAncillaries klearchos
    ExcludeCultures barbarian
    Description klearchos_desc
    EffectsDescription klearchos_effects_desc
    Effect Influence 1

Trigger trigger_klearchos
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition EndedInSettlement
    and RemainingMPPercentage = 100
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= scriptorium
    and IsGeneral
    and I_TurnNumber >= 50
    and I_TurnNumber <= 150

AcquireAncillary klearchos chance 80
    Névé'novôhe'étanóme mâsęhánééstóva, onésetó'ha'éeta netáhoestovevoo'o, onésęhestóxévétáno mâsęhánééstóva!

Default Re: Ancillaries

ExcludedAncillaries klearchos
    you've got it excluding itself which doesn't seem right (?) - and as its Unique is unnecessary anyway..

The older ones I have from someone else, use the same technique which now makes me wonder if they are all wrong lol.
    Névé'novôhe'étanóme mâsęhánééstóva, onésetó'ha'éeta netáhoestovevoo'o, onésęhestóxévétáno mâsęhánééstóva!

Ooops sorry, just spotted that you were using 1.2 and checked that, vanilla in RTW does use the excluding itself thing for Unique ancillaries. I'd worked on 1.6 (BI) which doesn't - and didn't think it seemed logical!

Anyway there's a really good traits ancilllary checker here:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=68697
    that manages to find most typo type errors...

If that doesn't get you anywhere also try commenting out both the new ancillary and trigger in export_descr_ancillaries to make sure file still loads without them and that you haven't just done something else accidentally elsewhere in file - (I managed that in traits file once and never did find bug just had to recode everything!)

I know its something I did because my original modded file doesnt show errors.
    I am basically trying to convert EB's ancillaires to 1.2 for my own personal entertainment.

Any takers?