Thread: Monitor (screen) with vga/hdmi and Nvidia GTX 750 with dvi/vga/hdmi. How to connect them?

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Monitor (screen) with vga/hdmi and Nvidia GTX 750 with dvi/vga/hdmi. How to connect them?

I guess I don't get more fps with this but after a week with my new pc, I am thinking about my connection from monitor (screen) to my graphic card Nvidia GTX 750. At the moment I only own a vga wire and I connected it from monitor (screen) to graphic card. I took a look and my monitor has vga and hdmi and the graphic card dvi, vga and hdmi. Will I notice something better with dvi or hdmi instead of vga? I am very consufed and I don't know what to use...

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Monitor (screen) with vga/hdmi and Nvidia GTX 750 with dvi/vga/hdmi. How to connect them?

HDMI will deliver a much better picture compared to VGA however depending on your display the difference may not be that noticeable.

Default Re: Monitor (screen) with vga/hdmi and Nvidia GTX 750 with dvi/vga/hdmi. How to connect them?

HDMI cables tend to retail at an awful mark up in Europe.

It gets complicated when you have to check which version is optimized for the monitor/television, cable and graphic card, to get the maximum bandwidth, though all are backwards compatible.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I use HDMI because its easier to plug my computer into my TV and watch Netflix like that (since the Netflix app on my TV isn't always reliable).
    HDMI cables do sometimes have quite a markup as Condottiere said, but I've acquired like 4 over the years.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

About markup - I have no experience with hdmi or looking at all of the things mentioned but according to this article, all hdmi cables are the same. And honestly, i tend to think the same way as the bits that are transmitted are consistently the same. You just can't change that fact so long as it's transmitted properly.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/why-all-hd...-are-the-same/

edit: also I use dvi, not hdmi.
    Last edited by z3n; October 03, 2017 at 06:40 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    About markup - I have no experience with hdmi or looking at all of the things mentioned but according to this article, all hdmi cables are the same. And honestly, i tend to think the same way as the bits that are transmitted are consistently the same. You just can't change that fact so long as it's transmitted properly.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/why-all-hd...-are-the-same/
    This.

I bought a 5 pack of HDMI cables off eBay for like $5. 2 of them didn't work at all but the others are perfectly fine.