Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [submod] De AI Arbitriis

Default Re: [submod] De AI Arbitriis

That means the Gauls are fighting against Gauls and can also conquer the provinces or is it just a way we say fake war? You could go there, too, and you could have the liberated faction paid for their freedom. The main thing is, what happens on the map, but the factions remain halfway through.

As for the rebellious faction. What would have to work if the rebellious faction in the loc file simply had the same name. This should not cause any problems from the game, does it?

I'll look at the file tomorrow in the game.

With some restrictions, gauls can conquer a gaul-spanning empire, but I restricted them from going to war with iberian factions or most of the german factions, in order to keep expansion within realistic boundars. This is only a peace treaty script, it doesnt change whether they occupy. It is easily edited to everyone's personal likings, and Ill change it as I go along. This is just a first concept trial.
    It is set up to be played with vanilla occupation decisions, because expansion should kept down by the forced peace treaties. Lots of sascking and liberating wouldnt really be good, because some factions can't sack anyways, which makes them expand faster than everyone else, and liberating just creates rebel factions that I haven't accounted for in the script.

Since this is a script, it can probably be use with existing campaigns. But I don't know for sure.

The rebel factions can simply have the same name, that works fine. But if you want the "real" factions to spawn instead of renamed rebel factions, that's more difficult.

This sounds not bad at all.
    I looked at the list once. Looks good. If it works now ...I will test it in my running game once.
    Well, I think it makes for the player now no big difference whether rebels with the same name or whether it is the right fraction. I think now simply times so. As I said in another post, I used to call other tribes instead of rebels. I think that is also ok.

New version: @peace_treaty_script_0.6.zip

Edit: New version here.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; October 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM.

I'm using Dresdens all options submod (sack, liberate etc...) and I noticed now while playing as barbarian factions that I cannot subjugate in any way (client state nor satrapy) If I place the all options mod after this mod should that fix it? And will it still be compatible?

I saved just before besieging a rebel town, to take it back. Took off this mod and Cultural Tensio, still no subjugate option....

Would either of these mods override the all diplo options submod? If so even taking them off doesn't fix it? Is there a way around this?
    Last edited by gnosis89; October 12, 2017 at 08:28 PM.

It's better to start a new game with the new file.
    You should probably also take the Balkan tribes like Scordisci, Breuci etc. with the next Ubdate. They are also willing to spread well. How to look at the screenshot beautiful. I am also of the opinion that the Boii only one province should be. I believe that barbarian tribes are only one province.

Something else. I dug again in the tables.
    Please take a look at start_pos_past_events_table. Perhaps one can use these entries also still for the Mod. Seems to me at least so.

Last edited by Sedulus; October 12, 2017 at 11:56 PM.

Please delete this post. Thank you.
    Last edited by Sedulus; October 12, 2017 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnosis89 View Post
    Would either of these mods override the all diplo options submod? If so even taking them off doesn't fix it? Is there a way around this?
    This mod and the all diplo mod don't have lines in common, and you should be able to use them in either order.

Not sure why your subjugation option is gone. Try looking around the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    And your Not Ai.
    Just had Epirus sack me. So the player can sack as greeks, and greeks can sack the player, but greek AI just cant sack each others?

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    Just had Epirus sack me. So the player can sack as greeks, and greeks can sack the player, but greek AI just cant sack each others?
    Ok. Yes they can we did not delete any possibility we Just Made the outcome of it less likely. But thanks for al your feedback and work. With this we can make it better!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    ;
    Campaign modder - Culture/AI/BAI - DB Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    Ok. Yes they can we did not delete any possibility we Just Made the outcome of it less likely. But thanks for al your feedback and work. With this we can make it better!
    Actually I wasn't playing with this submod. I thought you meant greeks are in some hardcoded way prevented from sacking by Rome 2.

This mod and the all diplo mod don't have lines in common, and you should be able to use them in either order.

Not sure why your subjugation option is gone. Try looking around the files.
    Hmm, could it be that the All diplo options mod is not longer compatible with the newest version of DeI?

I personally am not sure where to look.....

Edit: You're right, I tried subjugating the same city as the Edetani without Cultural Tensio and this mod and still couldn't. I had every option by to subjugate....Any idea how I can look into this?
    Last edited by gnosis89; October 13, 2017 at 03:17 PM.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Edit: You're right, I tried subjugating the same city as the Edetani without Cultural Tensio and this mod and still couldn't. I had every option by to subjugate....Any idea how I can look into this?
    Because barbarian factions just cannot make any form of subjugation or create a client state. They can only form confederations.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    Because barbarian factions just cannot make any form of subjugation or create a client state. They can only form confederations.
    That's what the All diplomatic options submod is for.....To give all of these options to all factions. It's been working for some time, I only recently noticed it isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by gnosis89 View Post
    That's what the All diplomatic options submod is for.....To give all of these options to all factions. It's been working for some time, I only recently noticed it isn't working.
    There seems to have been an update of that file. You can try that.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; October 23, 2017 at 05:46 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

There seems to have been an update of that file. You can try that.
    Ι believe it's still working.

Mepper's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Nekyo View Post
    May I suggest having a look at Carthago?
    The punic faction entries have a preference to vassalize.
    In my recent campaigns this led to Carthage always subjugating Syracuse. It's literally war, client state, after one or two years Syracuse rebels and gets subjugated again.
    This exp boost makes the Carthagian fleets and armies in that region vastly superior to anything else over time (which is ultimately realistic, but helps Carthage in AI battles) and it leads to the Punic War never starting. Because Carthage never secures Silicia.
    Basically Rome and C. stay on good terms forever...
    Our plan was to not make Carthage expend a lot, because at the start of game they were more or less at their biggest extend. Making them vassalize a lot is mostly to not make them take over all of Iberia. But I'll go and change the numbers a bit. The war script between Rome and Carthage should in my opinion be triggered almost every game.

Greeks can sack everyone.

Mepper's Avatar Foederatus

Update

@De_AI_Arbitriis.zip

Changes:
    -Made Carthage less likely to vassal, and more likely to occupy. This to get a higher chance of them triggering war with Rome when taking over Syracuse.

JoySong is currently occupied by real life, so it might take some time before the steam version and the version in the starting post get updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedulus View Post
    Please take a look at start_pos_past_events_table. Perhaps one can use these entries also still for the Mod. Seems to me at least so.
    I had no luck getting those changes to apply in game, and I read somewhere that it doesn't work. If anyone knows how to change past events, let me know.

I had no luck getting those changes to apply in game, and I read somewhere that it doesn't work. If anyone knows how to change past events, let me know.
    Is somehow modest if it has such tables and you can not use them. I do not get it anywhere.
    Is it possible that you made the tables unusable by the script?