Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [submod] De AI Arbitriis

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Default [submod] De AI Arbitriis

Introduction

This submod by Mepper and me (joysong) modifies the occupation decisions made the by campaign AI. It has custom decision making priorities for a whole range of AI groups, and aims to give them all a different (historically accurate) flavour. In doing so it makes the AI use a lot more different occupation options in general.

Download

Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1145905755

Non-Steam:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aI...gbaS4Z31I8qNGF

Simply extract the .zip file, and copy the contents to ...steam/steamapps/common/TotalWarRome2/data. Then activate the mod on startup of the game (don't forget to enable out-of-date mods, otherwise it won't work).

Recommend
    If you wish to limit the AI's expansion even more, we recommend using this mod in conjunction with the Cultural Tensions mod.
    Cultural Tension increases between traditionally antagonistic peoples and repurposes the colonization and conversion system.

link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ultural-Tensio

Attention*
    If you use de DEI Hardcore or softcore mode download the version in de link below of De AI Arbitriis

SOFTCORE

Steam softcore
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1149002775

non-steam
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xf...yDVArZfw5pkGJ4

HARDCORE

Steam hardcore (default hardcore version)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1154025655

non-steam default hardcore version
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=15G...nILCbVrS_5PCGy

How the mod works

This mod creates 45 different faction groups, where there were 5 originally (although quite some of them are for the DLC campaigns). Each factions group gets assigned values for the likelihood they will pick one of the following options: liberate, loot, occupy, raze, sack or vassal. What choice the AI actually makes is random, all this mod does is customizing the chances something to happen.

What this mod aims to achieve

This mod aims to give a different flavour to all the faction groups, so that playing in different regions each have their own unique feeling. We have tried to find a balance between making this mod historically accurate and gameplay. Some examples of general faction preferences:

· Rome is focussed on occupying in various ways
    · Eastern factions like to vassal a lot
    · Barbarians sack very often
    · Greek faction have a preference for liberating

This doesn't imply that these factions will always behave in this way, all factions have at least 5 different options when they occupy a settlement.

Screenshots of the AI in action over 80 turns (20 years) with De AI Arbitriis and Cultural Tensions enabled (playing idle Taksashila) :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

0 turns

10 turns:

20 turns:

30 turns:

40 turns:

50 turns:

60 turns:

70 turns:

80 Turns:

FAQ:

Q: Is this mod savegame compatible?
    A: Yes. There shouldn't be problems in starting to use this mod later on in your campaign, or switching it off mid campaign if you so desire.

Q: Is this mod designed for the latest DeI version?
    A: Yes

Q: Does this mod work with vanilla Rome 2?
    A: No, it doesn't.

Q: Is this mod compatible with other DeI submods?
    A: If you use the Dei hardcore default or softcore submode you need to download the softcore version of De AI Arbitriis.
    you can find this in the description above.

Q: Does this mod affect all cultures?
    A: Yes.

Q: is this mod compatible with Data Venia
    A: Yes it is and u need standard version.

Final remarks:

If you have tried this mod, please do give feedback and results. We'd like to make it better but we need your help!.

Credits:

We'd like to thank CIaagent11 for the inspiration of doing this
    Last edited by Joysong; March 21, 2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Update:small increased the occupation decisions a little bit to stop the AI being passive

Default Re: [submod] De AI Arbitriis

Thanks for this!

Foederatus

Except for Rome, I do not see much expansionism. The game can become boring without large factions

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ASIER View Post
    Except for Rome, I do not see much expansionism. The game can become boring without large factions
    thats very good 2 hear. because that's precisely what we tried to achieve. well not the boring part offcourse but thats just an opnion. I beg to differ
    the screenshots are based on 20 years (80 turns) so its arround 258 BC in the last screenshot. i believe that the game will even be harder because
    when you attack for example a greek nation more allies will join them and target you. or the eastern factions with all there vassal we stand a pretty good defense. thx for your comment but maybe the mod isn't for you.
    Last edited by Joysong; September 25, 2017 at 07:01 AM.

well thanks to mepper and joysong! this is the one of the mod that i wanted ever in RTW2!

Mepper's Avatar Foederatus

Just a few remarks.
    -This mod is intented to slow down AI expansion, if you do want the AI to expand, just use standard DeI. But keep in mind that the screenshots were made in a game which also has Cultural Tensions enabled, which really contributes to slowing expansion. On its own there will be some more expansion (as in keeping a region you just conquered will be much easier).
    -This mod also intends to be historically accurate. And large empires all over the place just didn't happen. Rome was the big exception, and it is also in our mod, this was precisely what we intended. (Rome's expansion should be even faster if you don't play with the Cultural Tensions submod.)

Good to hear about the expansionism, that's the point of the mod! If the game is boring for you without large factions, don't use the submod?

This looks very good. Then I'll take this Cultural Tensions mod. In addition, I still use this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eta-12-01-2017. I think then DeI will play quite well.
    Thanks for this mod!

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sedulus View Post
    This looks very good. Then I'll take this Cultural Tensions mod. In addition, I still use this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eta-12-01-2017. I think then DeI will play quite well.
    Thanks for this mod!

yes im also using the reduced movement mod. like it alot and works great. thx for trying!

Civis

Just the sort of campaign i somehow always wanted to try, thank you for the option.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Congrats for the new thread. You surely have our support. Keep it up

Joysong's Avatar Miles

We updated the mod with an softcore version. this because the mod had an conflict with DEI softcore submod. more info in the description.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

We updated the mod with an softcore version. this because the mod had an conflict with DEI softcore submod. more info in the description.
    And what about hardcore submod ? It is ok to play with it ?

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    And what about hardcore submod ? It is ok to play with it ?
    Yes Its no problem to play with hardcore mod. The hardcore mod doens’t use the same data table.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    ;
    Campaign modder - Culture/AI/BAI - DB Editing

Thank you Mepper and Joysong for your magnificent work!

I intend to mix both AI Arbitriis + Cultural Tension with Data Venia as soon as it is updated. It's much needed for R2TW

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

What is the faction emblem mod you are using?
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiTJ2 View Post
    What is the faction emblem mod you are using?
    golden emblem
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=681055196

Enclave76's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    Yes Its no problem to play with hardcore mod. The hardcore mod doens’t use the same data table.
    Afraid, I have a crash with hardcore mod, but it`s work correct with hardcorenocai mod

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave76 View Post
    Afraid, I have a crash with hardcore mod, but it`s work correct with hardcorenocai mod
    thx. ill update a hardcore version. will be online within 30 min.

Enclave76's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks a lot

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast